Tout Fishing In America

I can't sleep.

I keep thinking about Notre Dame and UCLA on Saturday. I didn't have ND but I can tell that UCLA has personally saved me the inconvenience of having to run around cashing a lot of tickets.

I keep pacing, and I keep thinking to myself, "What did I do wrong?"

But then, as I drive around early Saturday morning, I find that on almost every Las Vegas AM radio channel there is someone trying to help me. Someone who has my best interests in mind. Someone who tells me why I lose -- I am trying to pick the games myself.

These people (I believe they are referred to as touts), are so different from me. They tell me that if I will just dial their toll-free number, they can save me from myself. For them, every weekend is a "great weekend." For they live in ToutWorld, a utopian universe where nobody ever loses, and nobody ever breaks even. It's a world where everyone went 9-1 last week and this week looks even better.

These people are a godsend. So give them a call if you're not 16-4 over your last 20.

LOL. This modern-day Theatre of the Absurd is so off the charts. I used to think the radio guys selling the magic vitamin "supplements" were scammers. You know the ones. They totally discount modern medicine and tell you if you'll just order a bottle of their magic colon-cleansing elixir, all your health problems will disappear. Those vitamin shysters are benign compared to these tout guys.

I guess my award for best reason to call a tout was offered by one Soprano-sounding radio "expert" who started with the usual boilerplate "I have important information on a game that will cover the nuimber by at least three touchdowns!!?"

I turn the radio up!!!

But damn, he can't tell us the play over the radio. It happens to be a "syndicate" play, and he promised the "syndicate," for "security" reasons that he would not "release" the play over the air. Oh yeah, "security" reasons. Now I understand.

Hope and greed are two very powerful human emotions. These guys make a great living providing both to gamblers.

Last edited:

Mudcat

EOG Senior Member
Re: Tout Fishing In America

I love the Brautigan reference in your title.

If a tout ever wanted to get my attention, he would say something like, I hit 55% of my pointspread bets long-term and, with the modern reduced juice and line shopping, you can break even with 51%. That's a very good margin if you have the most basic money management skills. I'm not saying I hit 55% over my last 17 bets - I'm talking a statistically significant sample of well over 200! Fuggedaboutit!

I still wouldn't pay him but it would at least seem like he lives in the real world and knows something about making money betting.

But I guess all the outlandish lying must be the effective way to go because they all seem to do it.

Re: Tout Fishing In America

Jeff, I think I have the alternative to all those scammers for you. I got it off a google ad at the top of this very page we both are reading!

Brandon Lang Packages:
SUPER BOWL OF SAVINGS PACKAGE $999

All my plays in the NFL, college football, NBA, college hoops & Baseball - through the Super Bowl on February 3, 2008 -
for this one low price. Nothing further to buy!

$200 Instant Rebate Available for Current Package Players

2-Part Payment Plan Available At Time of Purchase

ONE YEAR OF SERVICE - 365 DAYS! $1,595
Every Play - Every Sport - For 365 Days

NFL, college football, NBA, college hoops & Baseball
365 Days of Service - Nothing further to buy!
$250 Instant Rebate Available for Current Package Players
2-Part Payment Plan Available at Time of Purchase

100 DAYS OF SERVICE $629
$140 Instant Rebate Available for Current Package Players
2-Part Payment Plan Available at Time of Purchase

60 DAYS OF SERVICE $459
$100 Instant Rebate Available for Current Package Players

30 DAYS OF SERVICE $279
$50 Instant Rebate Available for Current Package Players

7 DAYS OF SERVICE $119
Every Pro & College Football, NBA & College Hoops,
and Baseball Play Included