Anyone got a season wins line on Atlanta Falcons?

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
Can't seem to find any numbers on it. I'm a little surprised because the Vick suspension has been known for a while. How long does it take to set a new line?

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Anyone got a season wins line on Atlanta Falcons?

I haven't seen one in a while either... It was 7.5 for the longest.... I think they are waiting to see how Harrington does tomorrow Night

Good to see you posting Dave

roach23

Banned

i saw 6.5 somewhere. i think double juice on the over.

dirty

EOG Master

here is SBGGlobal

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="580"><tbody><tr class="description0"><td colspan="8">ATLANTA FALCONS REGULAR SEASON WINS </td> </tr> <tr class="textgamelines"> <td colspan="5">06:50 PM This game is circled. </td> </tr> <!-- GAME LINE --> <tr> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="center" width="70"> 903 </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="left" width="300"> OVER WINS FALCONS </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" valign="middle" width="120"> - </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" width="150"> OV 7? -140 <input name="totalGameLine" onclick="doSelection(this);" value="3_195_167603_737703_1188534143000_0_903_0_OVER WINS FALCONS__0_9175140_7.5" type="checkbox"> </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" width="100"> NA </td> </tr> <!-- GAME LINE --> <tr> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="center" width="70"> 904 </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="left" width="300"> UNDER WINS FALCONS </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" valign="middle" width="120"> - </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" width="150"> UN 7? EV <input name="totalGameLine" onclick="doSelection(this);" value="3_195_167603_737705_1188534143000_1_904_0_UNDER WINS FALCONS__0_6553700_7.5" type="checkbox"> </td> <td class="gamelinesborder" align="right" width="100"> NA</td></tr></tbody></table>

biggamer3

EOG Master

I would freaking pound Under, this is current?

wow

August West

Rambler

Seriously. THat is free money on the under. Can't believe that would be current.

dirty

EOG Master

I just logged in and pulled it off the website... you guys can go and check... Only site around I can find that has it.... It is circled... so you can't pound too much

biggamer3

EOG Master

Wow wish Justbet had this as they are offering a 50% deposit, i would put it all on the Under, easiest bet to date

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks for those lines dirty. I'd have to take a big chunk of under at those numbers even though I lean towards the over.

I expect the line to be a bit lower when it opens back up and I may want over.

Reason... I always felt Vick was a liability rather than an asset. Receivers couldn't catch his bullet passes. Harrington is no prize but I think he is either equivalent to or better than Vick as far as potential to win games. I think the line may overcompensate for the loss of the starting QB considering that I think the starting QB wasn't very good in the first place.

I think Vick is incredibly talented as an athlete, but he wasn't a good QB. I don't think that Harrington for Vick should affect the line at all, but I assume it will. I'd hold my nose and take over the new number if it's low enough.

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast

That is confusing... I mean that I don't think that it should affect the line because I don't think Harrington is any better or worse than Vick in terms of giving the team a chance to win games.

I'm quite certain that it will affect the line. I just don't think that it should which is why I would want to fade the move.

mofome

Banned

That is confusing... I mean that I don't think that it should affect the line because I don't think Harrington is any better or worse than Vick in terms of giving the team a chance to win games.

I'm quite certain that it will affect the line. I just don't think that it should which is why I would want to fade the move.

no, i understood what you meant, i just dont understand why you feel the way you do. certainly vick is not a great passer, but neither is harrington. hes completed a small percentage better than vick, but he doesnt run and a defense doesnt have to prepare for as much. i think, some people, are getting a little too excited about a decent preseason. joey harrington is a horrible football player, imo. we'll see. its just an opinion, but vick allowed the offense to do more. the coaching change will shake things up and people will blame distractions and all sorts of things if the seasons doesnt go well...i just think there is a large difference b/w what vick and harrington bring to a football team. there is not a single team in the league that would take harrington over vick...certainly some of that is based on merit.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Bet under for as much as you can afford.

Falcons have built in excuse now to tank season.

They're NOT winning 8 games, they may only win 1 or 2, its entirely possible.

Under for your

mofome

Banned

so, instead of 'us against the world', they'll say 'we have an excuse to lose'. sweet.

:+excited-

rolltideleague3

EOG Member

The Falcons will be fine...I think maybe even better off. They could easily win 3 out of 4 games against TB and Carolina. Go 5 for 12 in the other games and there you go...you never know what could happen, Norwood and Dunn are solid...wide receivers are still very young and had to deal with a an erratic qb (joe horn could provide some veteran leadership), alge crumpler is one of the best te's in the league, defense should be fine but i will miss kerney

mofome

Banned

The Falcons will be fine...I think maybe even better off. They could easily win 3 out of 4 games against TB and Carolina. Go 5 for 12 in the other games and there you go...you never know what could happen, Norwood and Dunn are solid...wide receivers are still very young and had to deal with a an erratic qb (joe horn could provide some veteran leadership), alge crumpler is one of the best te's in the league, defense should be fine but i will miss kerney

ah, they had to deal with an 'erratic qb', what changed?
:+clueless

they could easily win 3 of 4 vs tb and carolina? easily would mean there is a better than 75% chance? there isnt a 50% chance they win 3 of those 4. if you were betting on them winning 3, or less than 3, at even money, you would take less than 3. so, whats your point there? just talking?

rolltideleague3

EOG Member

tb isn't looking good at all, and the falcons always do well against carolina, always have...maybe not easily but it's quite possible...the falcons have as good of a chance of winning 7 or 8 games as they do 1 or 2 as was suggested...no real point here, just defending my team who i think could be better off starting this year with petrino/harrington then they ever were with mora/vick

mofome

Banned

tb isn't looking good at all, and the falcons always do well against carolina, always have...maybe not easily but it's quite possible...the falcons have as good of a chance of winning 7 or 8 games as they do 1 or 2 as was suggested...no real point here, just defending my team who i think could be better off starting this year with petrino/harrington then they ever were with mora/vick

good post. i understand your points.

my views: tb looks terrible, but they still managed a win over a tough eagles team last year and they play hard. atl looks, at least, as bad right now. however, there is zero chance the faclons only win 1 game this year. i just dont understand how people cite an erratic mike vick if they understand that hes being replaced by someone with a completion percentage under 57%. not only is harrington erratic, but he cant move at all. if you know its a pass, you can pin your ears back and rush him, that was not the case with vick. again, there are zero teams that would consider starting harrington over vick if they had to win an NFL football game. there is a reason for that.

rolltideleague3

EOG Member

this obviously isn't the ideal situation...and there was nothing better than watching vick on sunday's, but he was frustrating and he seemed to be regressing...i was excited to see what petrino would do with him this year and wish the falcons at least had schaub but it's all joey harrington now...he did improve last year in miami...i guess

Thanks for those lines dirty. I'd have to take a big chunk of under at those numbers even though I lean towards the over.

Reason... I always felt Vick was a liability rather than an asset. Receivers couldn't catch his bullet passes. Harrington is no prize but I think he is either equivalent to or better than Vick as far as potential to win games. I think the line may overcompensate for the loss of the starting QB considering that I think the starting QB wasn't very good in the first place.

I think Vick is incredibly talented as an athlete, but he wasn't a good QB. I don't think that Harrington for Vick should affect the line at all, but I assume it will. I'd hold my nose and take over the new number if it's low enough.

Solid post David and I totally agree with almost all you posted...:cheers

THE SHRINK

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

Anyone who likes under missed the boat long ago, many books left it up long after Vick's fate was known without moving the price. I imagine if and when it goes back up it will be 6.5 with the over a slight fav. I agree with Dave as well, only value here is over

btw When a NA or a N/A appears next to an event it usually means it is NOT AVAILBLE

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I think the over is definately the play here. People have overvalued Vick for years now. Dont forget, Atlanta plays Carolina and TB twice , that should be go for at least 3 wins right there. If you watched Lousvilles offense under Petrino, you would agree that Harrington is a better fit than Vick. I can definately see this team winning 9-10 games this year.

mofome

Banned

Solid post David and I totally agree with almost all you posted...:cheers

THE SHRINK

thats neat, but why? why would harrington give an NFL team as good, or a better, chance to win than vick.

:cocktail

mofome

Banned

I think the over is definately the play here. People have overvalued Vick for years now. Dont forget, Atlanta plays Carolina and TB twice , that should be go for at least 3 wins right there. If you watched Lousvilles offense under Petrino, you would agree that Harrington is a better fit than Vick. I can definately see this team winning 9-10 games this year.

if you watched miami offense under butch davis you would have thought the browns would smash people. or something.

i do believe that you people have gone mad.

:+excited-

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

Mo,

Just shut up and wait till the 6.5 goes up and bet over. More I listen to you and others the over may be a nice dog.

mofome

Banned

Mo,

Just shut up and wait till the 6.5 goes up and bet over. More I listen to you and others the over may be a nice dog.

assfuck, you shut up. i will listen to your advice when your IQ soars over 19. deal? what points have convinced you? no one has said anything. vick is erratic, thats neat. whats the difference in completion percentage b/w the two? how about ypa?

dirty

EOG Master

You make Valid points. I am of the opinion that you can't count anything Harrington did in Detroit because those teams were that bad and he was on his back most of the time. If the Falcons protect him (Big if) They will be better off. He has shown stretches where he can be very good in this league. How many times have we seen in the NFL where all it takes is the right coach or system to make a QB be able to perform at a top level for a while.... Jeff Garcia, Elvis Grbac, Kurt Warner come to mind right off the top of my head now, and there are many more .... Will Harrington do it... that is yet to be seen..... But don't forget Harrington is who Petrino hand picked to come in and be Vick's backup, because he was of the belief that Vick was either going to sink or swim in his system and gave him all the control to audible at the line which he never had before.... there was a reason for that... He can't read defenses.... It was not a secret (at least not here where they train) that Petrino was preparing for Vick to fail and he had Harrington in here to give us a decent QB that would be no worse than Vick, but had tons of Potential in his style of offense.

Under for your

I will lay a wager with ya that this don't happen right now..... I spit Water on the computer when I read this :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

dirty

EOG Master

and FWIW I got the Under 7.5 at -120 right after Vick got Indicted so I may have to hedge if it comes out at the right price...

mofome

Banned

i just want to know what vicks career ypa average is and harringtons. seems like harrington should whoop ass compared to vick. ypa includes all those erratic incompletions, so harringtons should be much higher? and harrington cant run, so i hope hes is a much better passer. i cant wait till people start sharing this information with me. im glad im here to learn from everyone on this fine morning. thanks guys.

:cheers

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

assfuck, you shut up. i will listen to your advice when your IQ soars over 19. deal? what points have convinced you? no one has said anything. vick is erratic, thats neat. whats the difference in completion percentage b/w the two? how about ypa?

No need to get mouthy I'm just trying to make you money.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I dont think Harrington has had a fair chance yet in the NFL. Anyone who saw him at Orgeon knows that hes a down the field passer. Marriuchis big mistake is that he tried to make him a west coast QB. He is not as good at 5-10 yd passes as he is at 15-25 yd passes. He should fit in nicely with Petrinos offense. I think you will see some nice scoring in ATL.

mofome

Banned

I dont think Harrington has had a fair chance yet in the NFL. Anyone who saw him at Orgeon knows that hes a down the field passer. Marriuchis big mistake is that he tried to make him a west coast QB. He is not as good at 5-10 yd passes as he is at 15-25 yd passes. He should fit in nicely with Petrinos offense. I think you will see some nice scoring in ATL.

:)

mofome

Banned

harrington 2 picks, 0 TD, 199 yards.

weird. im smarter than other humans.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

MO, HONESTLY, YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THAT JOB

haha, it would be an awesome job to have. i cant imagine failing. but, its obviously not something that could happen. im lucky to have an 'in' with the nfl...but getting to gm status would take a lot of breaks and connections. with my current situation, even getting started in the league is not really on my mind. if it was in a position that could really get me a chance at something like that, i would think more seriously about it.