Finally my 1st post

Sinickel

EOG Enthusiast
Hello everyone. Longtime reader first time poster here. Had what I felt was a bad experience with Bookmaker over the weekend. But maybe you guys can help me decide if i was screwed or just unfortunate. I placed a wager just before the Braves game on the Braves to score first versus the Cards. Just a normal size bet just like i placed the night prior to that. Their menu for this is abbreviated quite a lot so i just clicked on ATL to score first and made my wager. Now keep in mind on the pending wager it only lists ATL to score first no opponent is listed. Some time passed and then the Braves scored first in the game so i was happy. Soon i logged on to make more wagers and noticed the bet was still pending. (hmmm... i thought) Maybe they were just a little slow. About an hour later or about 2 hours after the Braves score I checked again to find the bet had been cancelled no action. (hmmm....again i thought) I decided to call and see what the problem was. I had never had a problem with them before so assumed it was probably a mistake (no worries right?). First the online "help" told me the wager was cancelled because the game didn't go five innings.(hmmmm...once again i thought it seems to me i'm watching it on tv right now.) I messaged the operator this and she said the game was no action because the Braves didn't play the marlins(hmmm..i knew that) Finally i called to speak to customer service where i then spoke with about 10 different people and gave my account info 10 different times just to be told that because they had inadvertantly listed the braves vs. the "Reds" on that prop it was no action. Now keep in mind that the line was correct just not the team name which i couldn't even check because they don't list it on you pending wagers anyway. They acted as if i was "lucky" that they did reimburse me the wager amount but not the winnings. Now i'm a long time player and understand betting into "bad" lines isn't acceptable and i totally understand this but this was not the case here as i was unaware of the error at all.(And apparently so were they until 2 hours later) The bottom line for me was i've never had problems there before but was very unhappy with my treatment and won't be posting funds there ever again. I suppose we just reached the point that we can't depend on anyone but maybe Betjam,Olympic,and maybe a couple of others.

I suppose this is just for me another example of the state of the industry now. I really appreciate reading you guy's posts just about everyday now.(I was first introduced to EOG when trying to get info on the BOS debacle.
I think maybe its time for me to go back to my local guy.(Even though he just laughs when i tell him i want to parlay Chestnutt and the over on the Nathan's hot dog eating contest or bet just the first quarter on the Thurs. night game.)(Hell, actually he laughs when i want to bet Baseball too.:( )

OscarB

EOG Dedicated
Re: Finally my 1st post

You are 100% correct about the fact that at wager confirmation time, only the team your wager is on is what shows. I've found that an irritant, too.

I just want to say welcome to EOG. I love it here and I am finally myself gonna start this gambling thing so good luck!

Sinickel

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Dirty I'm also a Georgia guy.That's Cote de Pablo from Navy NCIS I also love Suchita Vadlamani on Fox 5 morning news in the Atl.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

welcome to EOG....

I kinda see both sides here...but if it is as you say, and you are a long time customer, and this was an "ordinary" bet amount, i think they should have just made the exception, and paid the wager since the mistake was theirs...better to keep a customer that way, than to spend thousands on advertising and mailers just to try and get a new customer (that they already had)...

just my .02

All along I was waiting for you to say they confused it with the Atlanta Falcons game, but that shouldn't matter...

From what you described, you deserve better from a book of this caliber....

Personally, I'd phone in and ask to speak with a customer service supervisor, but hey, that's just me...

Sorry for your bad experience with one of our sports books we endorse...

I will call them tomorrow on your behalf if you'd like...

Let me know as I'd be more than willing to help,

THE SHRINK

Sinickel

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Shrink I tried to get a supervisor Saturday night and supposedly one of the 10 people i talked to was a supervisor but they didn't seem to interested in my story one of them said they were really busy and only had one manager there. Hopefully they will be more prepared when the big action hits this weekend. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The Devil

EOG Master

I THINK THE BET SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED........IF IT WAS LISTED AS BRAVES-REDS AND NOT BRAVES-MARLINS, I THINK IT HAS TO BE NO ACTION.

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS BOOK, BUT MOST HAVE IT IN THEIR RULES IF A WRONG TEAM OR WRONG HOME TEAM IS LISTED IT IS NO ACTION.

Sinickel

EOG Enthusiast

I would agree with that devil my primary problem is they don't list both teams on your pending wager so i had no opportunity to confirm it. They just don't pay enough attention to detail on their props so it leads to mistakes like these. this was an off the wall prop so probably only affected me but imagine they get a Mon. Night wager wrong like this then all hell will break loose. I also wouldn't have had as big of problem if it was cancelled sooner than hours after the result.