Pick #3 is the worst spot I have ever been in for Fantasy Football

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated
I never, never ever ask people for advice on fantasy football, but yes, even the DOGG is in a bad spot......

I have the 3rd pick in a 14 fucking team draft with no keepers........You get a point per catch, yardage, 100-150 yard bounuses, ton of scoring........

Thinking that Tomlinson goes 1 and Jackson goes 2.........RIGHT NOW, I have NO fucking clue on who to select 3.....I would like to trade down for a later first rounder and a later pick, cuz I'm stuck right now......

Is LJ's line and a rookie QB gonna kill him
Is Alexander ready for a rebound..
Can Gore step it back up again...
Can you take Addai THIRD ?
Buck the trend and take Manning, naw.....
Isnt Westbrook gonna miss games this year.....
Not taking a WR
Fuck Willie Parker, I hate the steelers....
Rudi Rudi Rudi
Maroney is a BEAST, but at 3

Mo, where are you.....

Hitdogg

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Pick #3 is the worst spot I have ever been in for Fantasy Football

people still play fantasy football? I thought that fad ended at about the same time Howard Stern fell off the face of the earth..

3rd 3rd 3rd take a Running back...

3 is a terrible spot to draft in because you have to take a RB, but the choices are clear step downs from 1 and 2. I personally hate drafts and will always stick to auction leagues, this is part of the reason. It could be worse too, what if you were 8 or 9? All the good RBs will be gone and you still will have a long wait until your 2nd selection. Auctions are most definitely the way to go for football. At least in other sports there isn't such a dominant scoring gap at the top.

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Wild Bill, Wild Bill, telling me about the auction is great, but what about the freaking PICK ........

Dogg

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Thinking that Tomlinson goes 1 and Jackson goes 2.........RIGHT NOW, I have NO fucking clue on who to select 3

Hitdogg

dog, curious how you cannot snag Larry Johnson if you assume Steven Jackson goes 2nd.............??

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Yeah I know Hache, is he gonna be ok......His situation in KC looks pudrid this season........

Hitdogg

Hache Man

Either you get Jackson or LJ, I see not loss at #3

This is an earlier report on Johnson that may make you feel a little better....

<TABLE class=tborder id=post748667 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Hache Man<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_748667", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_748667 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Larry Johnson Fantasy 2007
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>This is BIG news, especially if you are in a league who gets credited with points for each reception.......

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Chiefs want L.J. more involved in pass game </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Larry Johnson - RB - KC - May. 31 - 7:40 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>The Chiefs want Larry Johnson to catch more passes in 2007.
He was averaging roughly four catches-per-game through the first six weeks of 2006 before an inexplicable late-season drop off. Coach Herm Edwards says L.J. is polishing his route running and should catch 60 balls this year.
Source: Kansas City Star</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thetuna2121

EOG Enthusiast

The only 3 backs you can think of taking ahead of LJ are Addai, Gore, and Alexander.

Dont waste the pick on Manning, and if I was drafting in your spot, Johnson is my pick with Gore a close 2nd, Addai 3d and Alexander 4th

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Damn Hache, if LJ catches 60 plus balls, he is no doubt the pick at 3 and hopefully not taken at 2.....Don't want Jackson in both my leagues....He goes down, my fantasy season is done.......Thanks guys, LJ it is....

Hitdogg

Hache Man

These reports worry me a bit about Gore......

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Gore to get less touches in 2007? </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Frank Gore - RB - SF - Apr. 4 - 10:31 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Frank Gore plans to play this season at 210 pounds.
His normal playing weight is about 215. "I think (losing the five pounds) will help me finish my runs," said Gore. One concern for fantasy owners: Niners head coach Mike Nolan says he wants Gore to have less touches overall this year to reduce his wear and tear.
Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Frank Gore - RB - 49ers

Frank Gore was "miffed" when informed of 49ers head coach Mike Nolan's plan to limit his carries this season.
Gore has set a goal of 2,000 rushing yards and hopes to challenge Eric Dickerson's single-season record of 2,105. He's too good to be a spectator on too many plays, but giving away 8-12 touches a game could help the star's career in the long run. Apr. 8 - 12:11 a.m. ET
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thetuna2121

EOG Enthusiast

Dont worry Hache...when SF realizes Jackson cant catch anything other then Turf Toe, they will pound the rock with Gore. :bank:

dirty

EOG Master

So your are saying you want me to fix the draft order and give you pick #3 at EOG draft

Wild Bill, Wild Bill, telling me about the auction is great, but what about the freaking PICK ........

Dogg

Depends on the stats your league uses. My league values receptions a lot so Westbrook is number 3 there, but yeah you have to assume a missed game or two for him. Of course LJ is going to catch more passes, an under fire QB always goes looking for his safety valve, it won't be Herm's play calling that gives him 60 catches.

Gut feeling though is Addai is the safest #3. Indy RB is just such a valuable spot when there is nothing behind you to share carries. Only real competition for points is how many QB sneaks at the goal line is Manning going to try?

roach23

Banned

In a point per catch league i'm gonna take Westbrook at the #3 spot. You gotta remember that 5 little dump passes for 5 yards are equal to a back running for 50 yards.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Read today's Fantasy section in USA Today...lots of ideas there. They indicate the top 4 picks would all be RBs.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

luckily i have the #2 pick - unless i trade down - and i might because we are in a 14-team league

If i were You i will take Alexander.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i had the 5th pick in a draft and got steven jackson, but i'd assume you don't play with retards like i do.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

I never, never ever ask people for advice on fantasy football, but yes, even the DOGG is in a bad spot......

I have the 3rd pick in a 14 fucking team draft with no keepers........You get a point per catch, yardage, 100-150 yard bounuses, ton of scoring........

Thinking that Tomlinson goes 1 and Jackson goes 2.........RIGHT NOW, I have NO fucking clue on who to select 3.....I would like to trade down for a later first rounder and a later pick, cuz I'm stuck right now......

Is LJ's line and a rookie QB gonna kill him
Is Alexander ready for a rebound..
Can Gore step it back up again...
Can you take Addai THIRD ?
Buck the trend and take Manning, naw.....
Isnt Westbrook gonna miss games this year.....
Not taking a WR
Fuck Willie Parker, I hate the steelers....
Rudi Rudi Rudi
Maroney is a BEAST, but at 3

Mo, where are you.....

Hitdogg
I gotta agree with you I have done alot of Mock drafts and in PPR leagues the 3 hole is by far the worst...........I would say go with Addai man..........He should have a killer year there is noone to steal his touches, he is an every down back and he will get plenty of catches out of the backfield..............I know you are losing value cause you could get him aroun 5-7ish, but just a suggestion..............Just put it this way......noone had steven jackson in the top 3 last year, he was down at the end of the 1st to beginning of the 2nd..........Addai could be like this come next year.........