MOFOME have you heard of this lawsuit

Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumarate ) Lawsuit
Seroquel, manufactured by AstraZeneca, is an oral medication used to
manage the symptoms associated with schizophrenia such as delusions
, thought disorder, hallucinations, social withdrawal, lack of energy,
apathy, and reduced ability to express emotion.

The drug, which was approved by the FDA for marketing in 1997, affects
a broad range of neurotransmitter receptors, including serotonin
receptors. It is also sometimes used to treat the mania associated
with bipolar disorder.

News of Seroquel's side effects and emerged as a result of observational
data released at a medical conference in Philadelphia which showed that
patients on Seroquel had 3.34 times as many cases of diabetes as those
on older antipsychotics such as haldoperidol.

Towards the end of August, 2003, news of side effects associated with
Seroquel became widely publicized and caused the value of
AstraZeneca's stock to decrease by almost one percent.

Soon after, the law firms of Parker & Waichman and Aylstock, Witkens &
Sasser announced that a class action lawsuit had been commenced in the
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida on behalf of
all those who had used Seroquel.

This lawsuit contends that AstraZeneca was aware that Seroquel was
associated with a high occurrence of diabetes, but they did not take steps
to adequately warn doctors or patients in the United States of this
potential risk.

The pending lawsuit seeks statutory, exemplary and punitive financial
damages from AstraZeneca for their alleged disregard of the well being
and health of the plaintiffs and class members (the people who took
Seroquel and subsequently developed diabetes).

In addition, the lawsuit also alleges that AstraZeneca aggressively
marketed and promoted Seroquel for "off label" use that was beyond
its FDA approved indications at the time in question.

AstraZeneca is accused of unfairly offering incentives to doctors and
other medical professionals in an effort to increase the number of
Seroquel prescriptions that were written.

The Seroquel class action lawsuit seeks to establish a medical monitoring
fund to pay for anyone who has taken Seroquel so that they can be tested
for diabetes and other blood sugar disorders.

On January 30th, 2004, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, the company
that markets Seroquel in the United States sent a "Dear Doctor" letter
to thousands of doctors throughout the USA. The letter indicated that:

"...Hyperglycemia, in some cases extreme and associated with
[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]ketoacidosis[/COLOR][/COLOR] or hyperosmolar coma or death, has been reported in
patients treated with atypical antipsychotics, including Seroquel."
[ Click Here to read the actual Seroquel "Dear Doctor" letter]

Would you like to see more information regarding Seroquel?

• [*]

CONCLUSION
Seroquel, Risperdal, and Zyprexa (as well as other atypical antipsychotics
such as Clozapine or Clozaril) are drugs with the potential to cause
dangerous side effects which should not be overlooked and should be
taken very seriously.

The issue of these risks has become more pressing as the drugs are now
being prescribed for adults with milder medical conditions and children
who may better off taking different drugs that are not associated with side
effects such as pancreatitis, stroke and Type 2 diabetes.

As with any drug, the critical consideration is whether the benefits of
taking these drugs outweigh the potentially dangerous side effects,
the rate of adverse incidents reported, and the cost of the drugs
themselves.

The option of prescribing older, less risky conventional antipsychotic
drugs is also a consideration.

Another factor which must be taken into account is the strong connection
between diabetes and schizophrenia which has been noted and studied
by scientists since the 1920s.

Patients with schizophrenia and other forms of mental illnesses develop
diabetes at a rate up to four times higher than the general population,
whether they are on anti-psychotics or not.

This is due to the fact that people with schizophrenia often display many of
the risk factors associated with diabetes such as a sedentary lifestyle, a
lack of good medical care, a poor diet, and a high rate of obesity.

The research surrounding Seroquel, Ripserdal, and Zyprexa is still
developing.

It is the opinion of many physicians that although people with
schizophrenia and other serious mental illnesses are already at a
greater risk of developing diabetes.

However, if a patient did not have diabetes before being prescribed
an atypical antipsychotic such as Zyprexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, and
developed symptoms shortly after beginning a regimen on any of the
above medications, then it is possible that the drug may responsible
for their deteriorating physical health.

this docters have had me addicted to this stuff for like two years a local attorney here is running adds to come see him about it I need to get a test to see if I have diabetes:(

Re: MOFOME have you heard of this lawsuit

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=546 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text>
</TD></TR><TR height=260><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px"><TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR height=5><TD class=text></TD></TR><TR><TD>Thinking About A Lawsuit? What to Know About the Seroquel and Diabetes Link

Atypical Antipsychotics Like AstraZeneca’s Seroquel Increase Your Risk of Injury and Death From Side Effects Like Diabetes and Extremely High & Low Blood Sugar

Now you can get complimentary information on the risks to taking Seroquel, as well as answers to your questions about a Seroquel lawsuit. Request a FREE information booklet today (supplies are limited).

Antipsychotic drugs like Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) have been found to cause extremely dangerous side effects, such as diabetes. In some cases, these side effects have resulted in death.

Seroquel is marketed by AstraZeneca as a treatment for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety and sleep disorders. Seroquel belongs to a family of drugs referred to as atypical antipsychotics.

It is not fully understood how drugs like Seroquel work, but what is understood is that they can cause you or your loved ones harm due to their hazardous side effects.

If you’ve taken Seroquel to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, or sleep disorders and you have since developed diabetes, the Seroquel lawyers at Weitz & Luxenberg may be able to file a Seroquel lawsuit on your behalf and get you the legal protection you need.

Weitz & Luxenberg’s experienced team of dangerous drug lawyers know how to combat profit-driven pharmaceuticals and will fight to get you compensation for your pain, suffering, and medical expenses.

If Seroquel’s side effects have caused you to suffer from diabetes, contact us today to discuss your possible Seroquel lawsuit.
your next step . . .

<TABLE id=Table1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="33%"> Fill out a form for a
free case review
<TD width="33%"> Learn more about Seroquel
<TD width="33%"> Call us:
(800) 476-6070
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Click To Talk To Us Online
<FORM id=frmLongForm name=frmLongForm action=http://www.weitzlux.com/content.aspx?p=303879&lf=1 method=post><INPUT id=hidLongFormID type=hidden value=100 name=hidLongFormID><INPUT class=BField id=txtBName name=txtBName> There is no charge for this evaluation - No Fee Until We Win!
<TABLE class=longform cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%">Name:</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=txt1048 style="WIDTH: 300px" name=txt1048></TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD width="50%">Email:</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=txt1049 style="WIDTH: 300px" name=txt1049></TD></TR><TR><TD width="50%">Phone Number:</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=txt1050 style="WIDTH: 150px" name=txt1050></TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD width="50%">When did you stop/start taking Seroquel?</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=txt1051 style="WIDTH: 300px" name=txt1051></TD></TR><TR><TD width="50%">Did you develop:</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=chk726 type=checkbox value=Diabetes name=chk726> Diabetes
<INPUT id=chk727 type=checkbox value=hyperglycemia name=chk727> hyperglycemia
<INPUT id=chk728 type=checkbox value=other name=chk728> other
</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD width="50%">If other, please describe:</TD><TD width="50%"><TEXTAREA id=txt1053 style="WIDTH: 300px; HEIGHT: 150px" name=txt1053></TEXTAREA></TD></TR><TR><TD width="50%">What date were you diagnosed with diabetes or another diabetic condition?</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=txt1054 style="WIDTH: 300px" name=txt1054></TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD width="50%">If you developed hypoglycemia, were you hospitalized?</TD><TD width="50%"><INPUT id=chk220 type=checkbox value=Yes name=chk220> Yes
<INPUT id=chk221 type=checkbox value=No name=chk221> No
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="50%">Additional comments/questions:</TD><TD width="50%"><TEXTAREA id=txt1056 style="WIDTH: 300px; HEIGHT: 150px" name=txt1056></TEXTAREA></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<INPUT onclick="javascript:return checkLongForm();" type=submit value="Send Message" method="post">​

</FORM>

see also:

Questionnaire Seroquel Lawsuit- FREE Seroquel Lawsuit Questionnaire
Free Lawsuit Case Review from Seroquel Law Firm

Free Legal Review Seroquel Lawsuit- FREE Seroquel Legal Review from a Seroquel Law Firm
Seroquel Lawsuit - Free Legal Case Review from Seroquel Law Firm

Fosamax Fosamax Lawsuit - Hurt by Fosamax? Find out about Fosamax Lawsuits
Do you have a Fosamax lawsuit? FREE Fosamax Lawsuit Case Eval
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=text><HR style="COLOR: white"></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD id=formtable>
<FORM id=frmShortForm name=frmShortForm onsubmit="javascript:return checkSimpleForm();" action=http://www.weitzlux.com/content.aspx?p=303879&sf=1 method=post><TABLE class=form style="BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=form width=125>Name</TD><TD class=form width=125>Phone</TD><TD class=form width=125>Email</TD></TR><TR class=form vAlign=top><TD><INPUT class=BField id=txtBNameS name=txtBNameS> <INPUT class=field id=txtName name=txtName></TD><TD><INPUT class=field id=txtPhone name=txtPhone></TD><TD><INPUT class=field id=txtEmail name=txtEmail></TD></TR><TR class=form><TD colSpan=3>Do you have a legal question? Ask us! strictly confidential </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE class=form cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=165>Your Question</TD></TR><TR><TD><TEXTAREA class=field id=txtQuestion name=txtQuestion></TEXTAREA></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=form vAlign=center><INPUT id=imgShortForm type=image src="http://www.weitzlux.com/images/content/send.jpg"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=footer id=footer cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=745 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Copyright ? 2006 Weitz & Luxenberg, 180 Maiden Lane, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10038
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. </TD></TR><TR><TD>HOME | DISCLAIMER | SITE MAP | CONTACT US
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><INPUT id=hidBaseURL type=hidden value=http://www.weitzlux.com/ name=hidBaseURL> <INPUT id=hidPageID type=hidden value=303879 name=hidPageID> <INPUT id=hidSession type=hidden value=nrmrt5up4gdthtqkcmfcvhjl name=hidSession> <INPUT id=hidConfig type=hidden value=phi name=hidConfig>
<INPUT id=hidError type=hidden name=hidError> <INPUT id=hidHuman type=hidden name=hidHuman><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> if (document.getElementById("hidError").value != "") alert(document.getElementById("hidError").value); // document.body.onscroll = bodyScroll; var IsPopped = false; // function bodyScroll()// {// try// {// iTmrMsg = window.clearInterval(iTmrMsg);// if (document.getElementById("hidShowMessageInterval").value != 0)// iTmrMsg = window.setInterval("ShowTextMessage()", 3000);// // divTest.style.top = document.body.scrollTop + 240;// }// catch (e)// {}// } var iIntTmr; //if (window.navigator.systemLanguage != "en-us" && window.navigator.systemLanguage != "es-us") //iIntTmr = window.setTimeout('ReportInternational()', 3000); function ReportInternational() { window.clearTimeout(iIntTmr); iIntTmr = 0; alert("Please be aware that Weitz & Luxenberg is a law firm in the United States of America.\n\r\n\rAlthough we do help international clients in specific circumstances, we ordinarily cannot service individuals outside of the United States.\n\r\n\rIf you have any questions, please feel free to fill out any form.\n\r\n\rWeitz & Luxenberg atiende todo tipo de casos de lesiones personales ocurridas en los Estados Unidos."); } function SavePage() { window.external.AddFavorite(window.location, 'Weitz & Luxenberg: ' + document.title); } function PrintPage() { window.open(window.location + "?print=1&autoprint=1"); } function FlashSubMenu() { document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.left = 10; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.display = "block"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.position = "absolute"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.borderStyle = "solid"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.borderColor = "#000000"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.borderWidth = "1px"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.backgroundColor = "#ffffff"; document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.zIndex = 100; window.setInterval(HideSubMenu, 1500); } function HideSubMenu() { document.getElementById("tblSubMenu").style.cssText = ""; } </SCRIPT>
<!--p style="background-color:#D9D9D9;"><FONT face="Tahoma"--><!--/FONT></p--><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #595959"><!--tr style="background-color:#353c4e;color:white;font-family:Verdana;"><td>Free Assisted Help —</td></tr--><TBODY><TR><TD><!--table><tr><td> <FONT face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#990000"--><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD><TD>We recovered more than $1 billion for tens of thousands of hard-working people and their families.
<TEXTAREA id=txtTMMessage style="BORDER-RIGHT: black thin groove; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: black thin groove; MARGIN-TOP: 0mm; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; OVERFLOW: auto; BORDER-LEFT: black thin groove; WIDTH: 350px; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: black thin groove; HEIGHT: 80px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f5f5">Do you need our help?</TEXTAREA>
This case evaluation service is free, see disclaimers.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TEXTAREA id=txtTMQuestion rows=5 cols=52></TEXTAREA>
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="CURSOR: hand" onclick=CloseTextMessage(); vAlign=center align=middle>no thanks, I'm fine</TD><TD align=right><INPUT id=butTMForm style="WIDTH: 200px; HEIGHT: 24px" onclick=SendReply(); type=button value="Send Question" runat="server"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>More Details</TD><TD><TEXTAREA id=txtTMAddComments rows=3 cols=38></TEXTAREA></TD></TR><TR><TD>Email</TD><TD><INPUT id=txtTMEmail></TD></TR><TR><TD>Phone</TD><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2><INPUT id=txtTMPhone></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>optional</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><INPUT id=chkTMAnon onclick="document.getElementById('txtTMName').innerText = (document.getElementById('chkTMAnon').checked ? 'anonymous' : '');" type=checkbox> I would rather not give my name</TD></TR><TR><TD>Your Name</TD><TD><INPUT id=txtTMName></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="CURSOR: hand" onclick=CloseTextMessage(); vAlign=center align=middle>no thanks, I'm fine</TD><TD align=middle><INPUT id=butTMForm2 style="WIDTH: 200px; HEIGHT: 24px" onclick=SendReply2(); type=button value="Send Question" runat="server"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<INPUT id=hidShowMessageInterval type=hidden value=4000 name=hidShowMessageInterval>
<!--/FONT></td></tr></table--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--br style="line-height:10px; background-color:#D9D9D9;" /--><!--table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%" style="background-color:#D9D9D9;"> <tr> <TD align="center"></TD> <TD align="right"> </TD> <td width="25px"></td> </tr> </table-->

Seroquel is pretty commonly prescribed in elderly patients from my past experience. I'm sure plenty of those people were diabetic.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

Zyprexa is far more likely than the others to induce metabolic syndrome. The line that gets me in this article is this one:

"The option of prescribing older, less risky conventional antipsychotic
drugs is also a consideration. "

This is an absurd statement. The older conventional antipsychotics meds are much more prone to debilitating side effects; namely EPS (extrapyramidal symptoms- parkinsonian symptoms), increased risk of cardiac arrhythmias, dyskinesias (lip smacking, jerking movements.)

These atypicals were one of the most important improvements in treating mental illness.

mofome

Banned

ive taken about 80 things and 2 were seroquel and Zyprexa. shittt...people are fuckin with me! i just needed to sleep and had low energy so they kept doping me up. as soon as i stopped taking everything i was fine. i went years taking a ton of shit. i dont sleep well, but im fine once again.

:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

mofome

Banned

im pretty sure i dont have diabetes, i would think something would have happened to me by now. i guess im safe.

:houra

Did a health clinic a year ago in Arkansas at a large factory--flu shots, pneumonia, body fat %, Cholesterol, Blood sugar, etc.

One guy's blood sugar was 524!

He was just fine and he didn't feel like anything was wrong. He was refusing to go to the hospital because he didn't want to get fired for leaving work. Finally, his boss convinced him he would not be fired if he left for the hospital.

He looked to be in great shape and had no signs or symptoms.

I can assure you that he is VERY lucky that we happened to check his blood sugar because diabetes would have destroyed him, and he may not have had a clue...

mofome

Banned

Did a health clinic a year ago in Arkansas at a large factory--flu shots, pneumonia, body fat %, Cholesterol, Blood sugar, etc.

One guy's blood sugar was 524!

He was just fine and he didn't feel like anything was wrong. He was refusing to go to the hospital because he didn't want to get fired for leaving work. Finally, his boss convinced him he would not be fired if he left for the hospital.

He looked to be in great shape and had no signs or symptoms.

I can assure you that he is VERY lucky that we happened to check his blood sugar because diabetes would have destroyed him, and he may not have had a clue...

so maybe i have it?

:+clueless

Well, it's possible you could have it and not know it, that's all I was saying.

I think about 8% of the population has diabetes give or take.

Takes 2 seconds to check get your fasting blood sugar checked.

mofome

Banned

Well, it's possible you could have it and not know it, that's all I was saying.

I think about 8% of the population has diabetes give or take.

Takes 2 seconds to check get your fasting blood sugar checked.

can i get it checked even though im no health insurance?

:+clueless