OUTRAGEOUS PRICES AT THE JETS GAME

The Devil

EOG Master
WENT TO THE JET GAME LAST NIGHT WITH MY SON AND 2 GRANDSONS.

THEY WENT TO TAKE A LEAK, I STOPPED AT THE REFRESMENT STAND.

4 DOGS, 4 PRETZELS AND 4 PEPSI'S. THEY EVEN TOOK OFF THE CAPS SO IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO WALK WITH THEM.

HAD A $50 IN MY HAND............DIG DEEPER DEVIL, $66.........

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted
Re: OUTRAGEOUS PRICES AT THE JETS GAME

An honest man takes his sons and grandsons to the ball game,and gets raped while doing so. Fuck those greedy bastards and their $100 million contracts.

dirty

EOG Master

I don't see the Problem.... Usually the Portions are bigger..at least here in ATL...Dogs are bigger, pretzels are Huge..cokes are bigger, etc... I compare it to eating at a Restuarant like Appleby's etc....it is going to cost ya 10-12 bucks a person.... You know that going in... if ya don't want to pay the price don't buy it... it is not ripping anyone off.... Footlong dog's and Sonic and DQ are over $3... no bitches about that....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i dont know Dirty, sounds a little high to me.....

5.50 for a pepsi is pretty sad, no matter what size it is....

Now if they offer free refills for the game, like at the movies here, then not too bad....

dirty

EOG Master

That is just the average price... Pepsi's were prolly around $3

At the Ted and Dome.....20 oz bottles are $2.50 and 32 Oz Fountains are $3.. they are a tad higher at Philips

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I don't see the Problem.... Usually the Portions are bigger..at least here in ATL...Dogs are bigger, pretzels are Huge..cokes are bigger, etc... I compare it to eating at a Restuarant like Appleby's etc....it is going to cost ya 10-12 bucks a person.... You know that going in... if ya don't want to pay the price don't buy it... it is not ripping anyone off.... Footlong dog's and Sonic and DQ are over $3... no bitches about that....

The idiocy that comes out of your mouth is just astounding!

dirty

EOG Master

Thank you Pioneer...you have made my day.... Your insults towards me are like a One a Day Plus Iron Vitamin... I am a junkie that craves it now

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

think their high now, just wait till the new stadium is built.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Thank you Pioneer...you have made my day.... Your insults towards me are like a One a Day Plus Iron Vitamin... I am a junkie that craves it now

No insults there....only an idiot could not have a problem with the Jets prices!

to watch the next superbowl champs the J E T S you should pay more:bank:

Pretty typical prices really. Good thing you weren't buying beers, many stadiums charge nearly $10 for a 16 or 20 ounce light beer. In Phoenix its $7.50 for a domestic and all they do is open a plastic 12 ounce bottle and pour it into a cup for you.

dirty

EOG Master

At the Ted, Dome and Philips is $7 for a 23 Oz Plastic Bottle... they used to have draft at the all but now only at Philips....There a 24 oz Draft is $7.50 Domestic and $8,50 Import...

at all 3 a 16 OZ Import is $8 poured into a bottle from a Cup... Food at the Dome is the Highest of anywhere overall...but the portions are Huge

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

At the Blue Jays-Angels game Thursday night, one Disani water and one Coke were $8.25 for the slightly bigger than can size. Four Haagan Daaz ice cream bars were $26. It's highway robbery. At a recent Washington Nationals game at RFK the story was not much brighter. Do yourself a favour and eat before the game away from the stadium.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

its like $8 a beer in detroit and $5.75 in cleveland but the guys bringing around its $7 in cleveland for a 24oz can beer they pour in a cup dogs are about 3.75 to $5 depending what stand you get them at its pretty expensive to take family to a ball game when seats alone cost you $35 and up for good seats

i went to the yankess series in cleveland last week and normally the lost i park in right by stadium is $15 well they wanted $25 for fri-sat-sun games its a fucking ripoff i did notice on saturday the other lot across directly from stadium was still $20 so i parked sat-sun at that lot

The Devil

EOG Master

WHAT FOOTLONG DOGS, THEY WERE REGULAR SIZE AS WERE THE PRETZELS, THE PEPSI WERE 20 OUNCERS.

MoneyManager

EOG Enthusiast

Yep prices are way up in venue I've been to.

I rationalize that the memories for me and them are worth getting bent over
with a smile.

(Same as strip joints --- but probably better for my Karma!)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

WENT TO THE JET GAME LAST NIGHT WITH MY SON AND 2 GRANDSONS.

THEY WENT TO TAKE A LEAK, I STOPPED AT THE REFRESMENT STAND.

4 DOGS, 4 PRETZELS AND 4 PEPSI'S. THEY EVEN TOOK OFF THE CAPS SO IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO WALK WITH THEM.

HAD A $50 IN MY HAND............DIG DEEPER DEVIL, $66.........

Was it 66.60? (as in 666)?

Btw, next time bring your own caps.

I think the biggest 'rub' is not necessarily that the food is 66 bucks, but that the food BLOWS AND is 66.60. If they want to charge those prices they ought to upgrade the quality of the food. Its almost unedible sometimes.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

We sell....(@ Yankee Stadium, Meadowlands, Continental, Nassau Colliseum)

Hot Dogs: 5.00
Pretzels: 4.50
Liquids: 4.50
Knishes: 4.00
Chicken Nuggets: 6.00

dirty

EOG Master

Good to see you are doing what ya got to do to Graduate

omahamoneymaker

EOG Enthusiast

I was at a Rangers game awhile back and I see this guy selling margarita's or some sort of fruit colored mixed drink. I think it was $14. I thought it was hilarious but there were people buying them. :rolleyes:

It's the price of the whole experience. That and there would be huge lines for everything if the prices were lower. They try to come up with just the right price that at least most fans are willing to pay.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I dont go to NFL games. so many people insist on it though they have carte blanche to charge whatever they want

try taking the kids to a minor league baseball game. they will enjoy it just as much, its relaxed, easy in and out and the prices are very reasonable

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

It's the price of the whole experience. That and there would be huge lines for everything if the prices were lower. They try to come up with just the right price that at least most fans are willing to pay.
You pay for the the experience of the game with that little overpriced ticket that you give to them..........And they know they got people by the balls with the refreshments and food......People are going to pay simply for the fact of tradition....I highly recommend tailgating before the game or if you are with kids go out to eat before getting to the stadium................It truly is rediculous.......

Woody

EOG Veteran

You don't go to a restaurant to watch a ball game. Why go to a game to eat?

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

usually,for my son and i at the metrodome for gopher games, for 2 famous dave's b b q pork sandwiches, 2 20 oz cokes, 2 bags of chips, i think i get a buck or 2 back from a twenty.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Reminds me of prices at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater or what used to be Deer Creek in Indianapolis.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Woody - greetings fellow Canuck! GM Place is not a cheap venue - gotta pay for over-priced Markus Naslund! He's vying to bring Peter Forsberg there this upcoming season!