Wimbledon Thursday

JeffR

EOG Senior Member
Well the tourney is starting to pick up some steam now. That was a pretty exciting finish to the Nadal/Soderling match, even if my 5-1 dog didn't quite get there. The Henin/Serena match was also highly entertaining. Venus/Sharapova was a dud, however. I knew one game into the match that I had pickrf the wrong (Sharapova) side: Sharapova hits hard, but has no variety to her game at all. She can't slice, hit a drop shop, change speeds, or win at the net. She depends entirely on overpowering her opponent, and if she can't do that, there is no plan B. That was too easy for Venus.

Won with my Roddick/Gasquet parlay, but lost a 1/2 unit on Soderling, as well as my Djokovic/Sharapova parlay. Net now stands at -1.78.

I have one pending play from Wednesday:

1) Parlay:
Henin over Serena
Berdych over Bjorkman (-141)

New Plays:

2) Ivanovic +110 over Vaidisova

3) Parlay:
Venus over Kuznetsova
Roddick over Gasquet (+104)

Kuznetsova actually has a 3-2 lifetime hth edge over Venus, but none of those were on grass and none were on a big stage.

I was tempted to take Youzhny at around +200 over Nadal, given his record of beating Nadal on fast surfaces, but thought better of it.

GL!

OscarB

EOG Dedicated
Re: Wimbledon Thursday

Good stuff - thanks Jeff. Don't you think Roddick will kick ass?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

New Plays:

2) Ivanovic +110 over Vaidisova

I was tempted to take Youzhny at around +200 over Nadal, given his record of beating Nadal on fast surfaces, but thought better of it.

GL!

I am on Ivanovic and will take a shot against Nadal - not sure how much "gas" he has left in the tank after his never ending last match and gettting almost +200 with a VERY live dog is something i am not passing up

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

I don't know about kicking ass, but I think Roddick win. I don't like laying -250, that's why I parlayed Roddick with Venus...

Hey, I like your play on Youzhny, Winky. I'm just playing it conservatively for the moment. Good luck!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ivanovic faces 3 match points yet wins

Youzhny up 2 sets - and loses

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

youzhny choked.

didn't see the match - woke up about 30 ago - but sure looks like something funny happened - up 2-0 then wins almost no games after that. too bad he didn't have the guts and determination Ivanovic had - if he did he woulda won 3-0

roseman

EOG Dedicated

didn't see the match - woke up about 30 ago - but sure looks like something funny happened - up 2-0 then wins almost no games after that. too bad he didn't have the guts and determination Ivanovic had - if he did he woulda won 3-0

I was following it online so I didnt actually see him collapse on tv.

And of course my Roddick play has another day to wait.

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

Youzhny didn't choke. He battled on with back problems that he was treated for several times. Against Nadal, you don't have any margin for error, and if you lose a quarter step from the third set on, you're in serious trouble.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Youzhny didn't choke. He battled on with back problems that he was treated for several times. Against Nadal, you don't have any margin for error, and if you lose a quarter step from the third set on, you're in serious trouble.

Would have been a nice W for sure...