I messed up-- Phone help please?

MoneyManager

EOG Enthusiast
Yikes! Things got a little out of hand and I pushed a kid in the pool. He had his T mobile Nokia Model 6103b cell phone in his pocket. Now I need to solve this --- anybody know quickest and cheapest way out of this. I need to replace it and get him back where he was before I gave him the push.

Thanks in advance,
MM

dirty

EOG Master
Re: I messed up-- Phone help please?

tell him to file a Insurance claim and they will send him a new one... I think with Cingular it is a $25 Deductible

Hal01

EOG Veteran

I have an idea. Go to the frickin T-Mobile store and buy him a frickin phone. What are doing horsing around with some kid by the pool anyway?:doh1

dirty

EOG Master

That is his own Stupidity...only consts $3.99 a Month... Tell him to check and see if he is eligible for a upgrade... if so you are out of the woods... If not Wal-Mart is your Best bet for a Cheap Phone or maybe Ebay... His sim Card should still be good

dirty

EOG Master

I have an idea. Go to the frickin T-Mobile store and buy him a frickin phone. What are doing horsing around with some kid by the pool anyway?:doh1

People horse around with Kids by the pool all the time... not all are knots on a log...

well.........he shoulda had insurance!!!

but..........you shouldnt of pushed him in the pool!!!

talk him into going on one of those judge judy type shows!!:cheers :+excited- :LMAO

This reminds me of the time someone pushed me into a pool at a party, I busted his fucking nose

Hal01

EOG Veteran

This reminds me of the time someone pushed me into a pool at a party, I busted his fucking nose

You must be one of those knots on a log Dirty referred too.:+textinb3

Here's the deal Hal, a bunch of people hanging out at a pool, some of us (including me) get tired of the pool and go get dressed to go out. After getting dressed, I went back to the pool to say goodbye to my friends. Some chump, who I barely knew, thought it would be funny to push me in when I had my back turned. Unless he was blind, he saw that we had just changed. It was beyond disrespectful. I didn't lose a cell phone, but he lost a straight nose. I don't regret it.

The Devil

EOG Master

Here's the deal Hal, a bunch of people hanging out at a pool, some of us (including me) get tired of the pool and go get dressed to go out. After getting dressed, I went back to the pool to say goodbye to my friends. Some chump, who I barely knew, thought it would be funny to push me in when I had my back turned. Unless he was blind, he saw that we had just changed. It was beyond disrespectful. I didn't lose a cell phone, but he lost a straight nose. I don't regret it.

You da man Smoke.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

call tmobile and ask them 1-800-937-8997 you'll need the kids phone number.

I was just about to say the same thing. Call them and negotiate with them. These cell phone companies are all for sale these days.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

worst case the kid has to extend his term to two years.

Take the phone apart, dry it with a blow drier and don't turn it back on again until it's completely dry.

Good chance it still works. Water isn't an instant killer to electronics like some people think -- just depends on how much power it was juicing while in contact with the water.

armyvet

EOG Enthusiast

I used to work in the cellular industry many years ago on the service end of things and a customer once told me he took the phone apart and stuck it in an oven at 150 degrees for about 20-30 minutes and it came back to life after he put it back together! I'd say do this under worst case scenario if warranty or insurance won't cover it! Who knows a miracle might come your way!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I understand where smoke is coming from but otherwise I thought a little shoving people in and horse play was common fun around swimming pools.

I haven't been around or in the pools for awhile, maybe the rules changed this day and age. :D

Sorry for your accident, MM.

Hope it all works out fine.

rainbow

EOG Master

IT WAS A COMMON THING YEARS AGO TO PLAY AROUND AND PUSH YOUR FRIENDS IN THE SWIMMING POOL. I CAN REMEMBER YEARS AGO I PUSHED THIS FRIEND OF MINE IN THE POOL AND HE HAD BRAND NEW CLOTHES ON, AND WE ALL LAUGHED IT OFF, INCLUDING HIM I GUESS IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHAT KIND OF FRIENDS YOU HAVE...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

General sorta hit on this

WHY do you have to get him a new phone

the kid was pool side - he was horsing around - to expect nothing to happen is totally unrealistic

the kid was no "angel" and has to accept responsibility for his actions

he was poolside horsing around and had his phone with him - what the hell did he THINK was going to happen

if this was me i'd tell the kid to FUCK OFF and get the phone himself

he is to blame - or at least 50% so for him to participate in something like this and NOT accept responsibility for his actions is BULLSHIT. tell the kid to get his own phone and next time don't horse around poolside with a phone in your possession

PO69

EOG Master

Well I can say that I do not have cell phone insurance. It seems like a waste of money to me. They will usually give you a free phone very year or so anyway.

I DO THINK that he needs to pay for the kids phone. Did we see you dateline sex crimes show?