Does this ever happen to anyone?

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran
last week i went from $300 to $2000+ from saturday to the following monday (9 days) i withdrew 1300 and left around 700 in my account. since then i lost the whole 700, stopped for a few days, deposited another 300 lost that, deposited another 300 today and looks like im about to lose that. after going like 5-2 7-2 etc for a week straight i now cannot win shit for a week straight. i mean like right now i got the yanks under, twins just homered in the 9th to make it a tie but im pretty damm sure the yanks will score in the bottom of the inning so that ill lose. thats just how its going. am i just completely unable to focus or what? shit man sometimes i completely dominate and sometimes ill go like 0-10 wtf and i make alot of pics based on eog members picks

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran
Re: Does this ever happen to anyone?

matter of fact im going to help you guys out here. i just put my last $78 from my account on the pirates to score 1st... fade me seriously.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

see?milwaukee has 2 on with no outs to start the game. now snell will give up 1 or 2 runs and then milwaukee will get smoked for the rest of the game just to rub it in. thats how its going for me. what can i do?lol

tool21

EOG Dedicated

When you say you go from 300 to 2000+ the first thing i think is bad money management. You must be betting almost all your bankroll on your games. You may win a bunch very early (as you did) but you can expect to give it right back and in the end lose more than what you won.

Money management is built for the streaks and you my friend are on a bad streak and can't handle it.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

well if you guys faded me you would have won. fuck baseball i gotta wait for nfl season or something. bout to put my last 55 (yankees tied) on some stupid parlay and hope it hits.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

You'll never win money long term if you're just throwing random amounts out there to bet. I learned the hard way.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

When you say you go from 300 to 2000+ the first thing i think is bad money management. You must be betting almost all your bankroll on your games. You may win a bunch very early (as you did) but you can expect to give it right back and in the end lose more than what you won.

Money management is built for the streaks and you my friend are on a bad streak and can't handle it.

nah man i never bet alot on games, most games i bet to win 100 exept today i bet to win 50 cause i was scared lol. im telling you all last week i went like 5-2 or 7-2 each day, and would have even won more than i did but i took a couple big chaulkies that lost. i did not lose money any day last week. then its like the complete oposite this week. and this has happened to me earlier in the season as well as in nba.i hate it, i need a system or a way to tell when this is going to happen and/or why. but i dont just bet random amounts, i usually just bet to win 100. and when i say i kept losing all my money, i wasnt just putting it on one game or anything and trying to chase i was just going like 0-4 for the day. like today im 0-3-1. had the cubs yanks under red sox under and the pirates to score 1st. i guess the pitt one was a chaser but i figured im so cold it doesnt matter what i pick cause it will probly lose

tool21

EOG Dedicated

If you only had 300 to bet with, you should be betting no more than 5 dollars per play MAYBE 10 if you're risky. I went through the same thing when i started out. Bankroll of 300 and i would bet like 75$ per game. Got up 1,000 and in the end ended up losing 1,400. After it's all said and done... you will lose betting like this.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

just give me your 3 top plays for tonight. im gonna parlay it it doesnt matter if i lose anyway

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

If you only had 300 to bet with, you should be betting no more than 5 dollars per play MAYBE 10 if you're risky.

thats not worth it to me. im not trying to gain $20 or even $100, thats boring. i dont think 4 plays with $300 is too much.im not really worried about the money, im still up since i started doing this by more than $2000, im just pissed cause i get up big and then i give it back too much. honestly if i didnt go on such awful losing streaks ide probly be up about $3,500 $4,000 since last winter. and that includes figuring in normal losing days.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

honestly no bullshit, before the ncaa tourny i deposited $100 and turned that into $2700 before the end of the tourny. no bullshit, and theres better other times ive turned 100 into 1000 in one week. but pretty much everytime i end up withdrawing some money then losing what i leave in the account and then depositing more. how do i figure out the best values?

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

fuck it man im going to try what you say and try to turn this last $55 into something good by just betting really small amounts

tool21

EOG Dedicated

I don't have any opinion on any of the games. I usually choose 1 per day. I'm telling you man, if you're betting more than 5% of your bankroll on games you're gonna get screwed. I don't care how much you've won in the past, it will come back to haunt you. Real gamblers recomend 1% of your bankroll. $10 bet for a $1,000 dollar bankroll. I know it seems crazy but it's the truth. You may not win much but you're not going to lose as much either. I usually use anywhere from 2-5% of my bankroll on plays because my bankroll is smaller. It's a lot easier on you. You don't have to stress out over your plays and one lose is nothing. You learn to accept the losing streaks. BUT YOU CAN BOUNCE BACK.

My bankroll right now is 3,000 and i bet 50 dollars per game. That is between 1% and 2%. This is a very good amount for me. Although it is on credit i've been winning. I'm up 700 the past few months and i'm fine with that. You're not going to get rich quick gambling, you have to grind it out if you plan to do it the rest of your life and be successful

And honestly if you only have $55 left...you're in some trouble. The odds are against you and you're probably going to lose it all but i wish you luck.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

yea i guess your right, im just greedy or something.i feel like its karma though like i kill the books one week and then they end up killing me. i just feel like i can win all the time and get pissed when i dont. nfl playoffs i won every single game exept when the pats lost to the colts (hometown pick) and im not lying in any way. i think its all mental for me but i dont know how to get past losing streaks. thanks for the input anyway

tool21

EOG Dedicated

"Calculating the size of your wager Sports betters make three common mistakes when calculating the size of each wager they make. They risk too much on each wager in relation to the size of their bankroll, they wager different amounts of money on each bet based on a perceived strength of the play, or they change the size of their wager based on the posted odds.

You should calculate your wager size as being 1% of your beginning bankroll. (Below I outline when you should re-calculate your wager size.) This is, however, a fairly conservative amount. If you risk anything over 2% of your bankroll, however, on each play you put yourself at risk to losing your entire bankroll to a losing streak."

I know it sucks betting such little amounts but everyone has to start somewhere. Slowly build up to where you want to be then just stay there. Just remember that units are units. If you have success betting 5 dollars, then you'll have success betting 50 or 100 dollars. you just have to be patient when you're building up to get the proper bankroll.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Also, baseball is probably the worst sport to bet on if you have a small bankroll. The streaks are rediculous. I have gotten away with betting 10% on football games and had success with that. But with baseball, it's better to just leave it alone. I've seen great cappers go 0-5 on days and lose 20 units in a small amount of time and that would just about diplete others bankrolls if they're not betting right.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

lol by the way, i played that pitt to score 1st prop wich lost......the brewers come out and score 3 runs in the 1st inning, and then dont score for the rest of the game and lose 5-3.pitt had even scored 1 run in the bottom of the 1st too. thats a fuckin losing streak