Awesome play by Todd Brunson on High Stakes Poker

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated
The board showed four spades and a pair of tens. Negranu hit the nut flush on the river as he held the ace of spades. Negranu raised and brunson went all in representing he had a full boat as everyone there knew daniel had the flush. After a bit of agonizing Negranu folded, losing a huge pot to one of the best bluff's I've ever seen. Plays like that, right off the old block, are why I tabbed Todd as my favorite hold 'em player on a thread earlier this week.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
Re: Awesome play by Todd Brunson on High Stakes Poker

That shocks me that Negraneau folded the nut flush if this is true...........He must have not been getting good pot odds or something because to fold the nut flush with just a pair on the board is pretty damn retarded.........pot odds would have to be pretty damn slim to not call that.............

who knows, Brunson could have manipulated a 'tell' or fooled him with body language. Howard Lederer said you shouldn't base your no limit game with what you see on TV as there a many subtilties and tells that the camera doesn't really show.

This is why you see so many pros making moves that aren't 'textbook'

nevertheless, that was a strong play by Brunson. I think there would be pros and cons of being Doyle's son. On one hand your dad is considered the best hold em player and probably taught Todd everything everything he knows about the game. On the other hand, I would think there would be a lot of pressure being a Brunson and puts a pretty big bullseye on you in the poker world.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

That shocks me that Negraneau folded the nut flush if this is true...........He must have not been getting good pot odds or something because to fold the nut flush with just a pair on the board is pretty damn retarded.........pot odds would have to be pretty damn slim to not call that.............

You can watch it again on High Stakes Poker as they rerun last night's show. Check your t.v. listing mr. "if this is true."

Todd brunson seems to be handling the pressure of being doyle's son no problema.