VERY VERY STRONG PLAY! (Chalk)

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
YTD: 248-234 -2.11 units
YTD: 248-234 +10.27 counting each play as 1 unit

The sox pen blew yesterdays game for me, but I don't see a bullpen factoring in todays play.

CUBS -175

(This line should be Cubs -230.)

Tim Redding makes the start for Washington and this guy is a joke of a pitcher. He hasn't pitched in a major league game since July of 2005. He went 9-5 with a 5.32 ERA in 17 games with Triple-A Columbus. He has a big league record of 21-34 with a 5.16 ERA over five seasons. Get this...In Reddings last 6 innings of major league work (way back in 2005) he gave up TWENTY earned runs!! Thats right TWENTY earned runs in just 6 innings of work!

Zambrano goes for the red hot Cubs (who have won 9 of 10) and hes been utterly dominant since the Barrett fight. He has allowed just 4 runs in his last 4 starts while giving up just 13 hits over 31 innings pitched! Over the last month hes been the best pitcher in the National League.

If you have the guts (or bankroll) to lay the juice, take the Cubs!

Last edited:

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: VERY VERY STRONG PLAY! (Chalk)

Good Luck, I love it!

:bank:

Thanx DUB! If you look back to 2 years ago you would see that I faded Redding every time he pitched. Especially when he was with NYY! He was a favorite many times. Free money!!!

Twoniner

EOG Addicted

I've been struggling with sides lately, and I am hoping Tim Redding is the guy to break me out of it. Second only to Jose Lima in reliability. 1st 5, moneyline, runline... Good Luck

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I've been struggling with sides lately, and I am hoping Tim Redding is the guy to break me out of it. Second only to Jose Lima in reliability. 1st 5, moneyline, runline... Good Luck

Redding is the ultimate gascan. If the Cubbies dont put up 5 runs against him I will be shocked. But they only need 2 because Zambrano will shut down the weak hitting Nats lineup anyway.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

i took WAsh +180 on the opener on what I thought was a value play the other way. Opposite sides tonight. Interesting matchup there with Zambo being so red hot.

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

Sounds like easy money...think I'll go with the big dog. A report on Redding from somewhere online:

"Tim Redding was once a pretty good prospect for Houston, but now has the fringe stuff of middle relievers and 5th starters. He had an outstanding 2006 season in Charlotte and was expected to earn a rotation slot for Washington, but the Nats decided to mess with his mechanics and he hasn't been the same since. His ERA in Columbus was 5.32; FIP ERA 4.35, and xERA 5.16. Redding has turned it on the last few outings, however. Over the last month (30 innings) he has allowed just one walk while striking out 18. "

tool21

EOG Dedicated

You might forget...Washington still has to put runs on the board.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

i took WAsh +180 on the opener on what I thought was a value play the other way. Opposite sides tonight. Interesting matchup there with Zambo being so red hot.

Redding is just so bad. I can't see Chicago not jumping on him early.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Sounds like easy money...think I'll go with the big dog. A report on Redding from somewhere online:

"Tim Redding was once a pretty good prospect for Houston, but now has the fringe stuff of middle relievers and 5th starters. He had an outstanding 2006 season in Charlotte and was expected to earn a rotation slot for Washington, but the Nats decided to mess with his mechanics and he hasn't been the same since. His ERA in Columbus was 5.32; FIP ERA 4.35, and xERA 5.16. Redding has turned it on the last few outings, however. Over the last month (30 innings) he has allowed just one walk while striking out 18. "

Lets see him face a major league team. The last handful of times he did he was terrible.....20 ER's in 6 IP!

Twoniner

EOG Addicted

Seriously, this is groundhog day for me. If Redding comes out and shuts down the Cubs or Zambrano goes back to struggling and the Cubs lose, I know the rough times ain't over. A big part of Redding's problems are mental. He was bitching about not getting enough MLB time because he was so good in AAA last year then proceeded to shit the bed in spring training. I just wish he were on the road with more than a few thousand fans in the stands...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Seriously, this is groundhog day for me. If Redding comes out and shuts down the Cubs or Zambrano goes back to struggling and the Cubs lose, I know the rough times ain't over. A big part of Redding's problems are mental. He was bitching about not getting enough MLB time because he was so good in AAA last year then proceeded to shit the bed in spring training. I just wish he were on the road with more than a few thousand fans in the stands...

Redding has received more opportunities then he deserves.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Bottom line....Washington shouldn't put up more than 3 runs this game. Can Chicago put up more than 3 runs against a sub par pitcher? This is what you're betting on. I go with hell yea. LAY THE CHALK BABYYY

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Bottom line....Washington shouldn't put up more than 3 runs this game. Can Chicago put up more than 3 runs against a sub par pitcher? This is what you're betting on. I go with hell yea. LAY THE CHALK BABYYY

Redding is not sub par. He is sub shit.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

MadCapper, you won't put 10% of your bankroll on this game....to scared

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

MC's thinking is the reason why the bookie business is so damn profitable.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

I really am starting to wonder about this game......

Game 953-954: Chicago Cubs at Washington
Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Zambrano) 17.326; Washington (Redding) 13.252
Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 4; 7
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Everything points me at Cubs.......why is this line so low?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

LOL. In this game, absolutely. Everywhere else, who knows?

This is true. But I hardly ever play big chalk. Only doing it because its fading Redding (and going with a very hot team).

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Line movement showing money on washington which isn't a good sign.......don't really understand why. I'm staying with my pick.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Line movement showing money on washington which isn't a good sign.......don't really understand why. I'm staying with my pick.

Could be because Aramis isnt starting. I dont see it making a difference against Redding.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Tougher than expected.

But a win is a win. And a big win it was.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

Was going to play WOW's 3 unit play of the mets tonight, but when I got up this morning the line was almost off all the books, including betjam.........So I came home from work and saw it went from like +130ish to +113 or so......Knew I done lost out on some of the value so figured I would look around and came up on youre thread....(being a cubs fan never hurts though either):cool: ........I Got lucky that it worked out that way and thanks for talking me into the chalk:cheers