If you could relive any one moment....what would it be?

mofome

Banned
with a girl, watching a game, a bet you won, graduating from a school, getting a job, kickin someones ass, your first child, winning a championship....what be it?

:cocktail

Re: If you could relive any one moment....what would it be?

Lets spice this thread up with this...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EbYmMb4lR4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8EbYmMb4lR4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

munson15

I want winners...

The moment I convinced my first wife to marry me.:doh1

VistaMan

Banned

The one moment I would give anything to relive would be the last moments I had with my 1 month old son before I laid him down to sleep on March 15, 1990. Little did I know he would never awake again. He died of SIDS that night and changed my life forever.

Vistaman

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

The one moment I would give anything to relive would be the last moments I had with my 1 month old son before I laid him down to sleep on March 15, 1990. Little did I know he would never awake again. He died of SIDS that night and changed my life forever.

Vistaman

That is sad and my heart goes out to you. Puts things in perspective.

mofome

Banned

Vistaman

thats awful. i love to learn some more about the people here, i just wish that was not something anyone here had to experience.

Damn that post above me is deep. Sorry to change the tune of this thread to more of a sporting related/gambling related but I still think about the world cup. Can't wait to relive it again next year when Euro starts.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsNgjLn374o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsNgjLn374o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

munson15

I want winners...

I'm glad I got my stupid post up before I saw vista's. Sorry, my brother lost a 4-year old son to meningitis and I can still only imagine how tough that would be.

VistaMan

Banned

Thank u for the posts. The loss of a child is a loss that can be unmatched by any other. I have lost both parents, and close relatives and friends. There is no greater loss and hope no one here ever has to experience the evlasting intense pain that only somewhat subsides but is always....always.....there with you. I am fortunate to have my wonderful wife and two teenage daughters now. They are so wonderful. VM

The day I graduated from college not owing them 1 cent .....

The Devil

EOG Master

I BELIVE IT WAS LATE DECEMBER BACK IN 63, WHAT A VERY SPECIAL TIME FOR ME. WHAT A FEELING, OH WHAT A NIGHT.

Thank u for the posts. The loss of a child is a loss that can be unmatched by any other. I have lost both parents, and close relatives and friends. There is no greater loss and hope no one here ever has to experience the evlasting intense pain that only somewhat subsides but is always....always.....there with you. I am fortunate to have my wonderful wife and two teenage daughters now. They are so wonderful. VM

I can't even pretend to imagine what it must be like to lose a child...

But I do thank you for sharing this here...

And like mofome, said, I feel like I know you a lot better now...

Ken

dirty

EOG Master

Hate to hear your loss Vista... My best friend in College and Fraternity Bro lost his at 3 months... had a Prolapsed valve and would not heal.. All he would do was sleep... All baby's have it when they are born, but 99% of them develop likehad 3 surgeries and just couldn't make it.... I know the pain they went thru.. was very hard...That was 92' and when Both my boys were born I was worried sick till they were 1 years old.... If they slept too long I would go nuts...

With that being said my Moment would be when Both my kids were Born

VistaMan

Banned

Thank again for the kind sentiments guyz...and galz. Hope you all have a very successful week in the world of online sportsbetting and all of your other ventures. VM

mofome

Banned

Thank again for the kind sentiments guyz...and galz. Hope you all have a very successful week in the world of online sportsbetting and all of your other ventures. VM

you are obviously a strong person. thats certainly something i admire. something i hope to find in myself when i need it. there is nothing good about that tragedy or any other, but there are people who simply feel better knowing that they arent the only one who has faced something so hard. sadness is the most lonely feeling in the world; and loneliness is the worst feeling in the world. sadness is awful, but the loneliness it creates is the worst. deep down we all know that we are nothing without other people; without the people that matter to us. whether we consciously realize it in each moment or not, its a reality that we all understand. you, and the others who have expressed their expereinces, have helped some people through some lonely feelings without even knowing it. i am 100% certain that i will think back to this, and some other things, when i need to dig deep and realize that i can make it through the hardest of times. for that i, personally, thank you in advance. good people give good things even when they don't intend to. i think its likely that you are one of those people. cherish your memory, and i will pray for your boy just as hard as i hope people pray for whomever i may lose, at a moment i will never be able to prepare for.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

sorry about your son vista.my heart goes out to you.your stronger than me because i don't know if i could make it through something like that.

UTOPIA

EOG Addicted

mofome, I want a Video Package of your initial post ideas made with my own life.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Vistaman

Without question, the birth of my son 4 months ago, our first.

Vistaman, god bless you buddy. Your post hit me in the heart just now. I wouldnt wish that on a single person in this world.

I am adopted and the one moment I would relive is the one time I have gotten to speak to my real brother. I only talked to him for about 1 hr when I was 18 and I have never gotten to speak to him again.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

the VERY first Mighty Ducks' exhibition game vs the Pens

i worked for the team and thus was able to get to the game early and eat in the Press Room before heading upstairs to the Press Box to watch the game

so i leave the Press Room and start walking down the hall - once i get to the end o make the left and take the elevator straight up to the Box

as i leave the Press Room and take a few steps around the corner comes some young woman walking some grandma and grandpa somewhere

to this day i have no clue how i managed to stand upright - i felt like every bone in my body had been pulled out. the young lady walking the 2 elderly people was GORGEOUS! GND stunning with a face and smile to die for. my heart beat at levels i still don't know how it didn't kill me - i was major league smitten - BIG TIME! when i got home i couldn't sleep - all i did was think about her

i saw her again the next game and she was just as stunning. i eventaully got to talk to her and over the next few months we talked a lot

i never had the courage to ask her out - even though we talked a lot - until the beginning of the year 1994

armed with my "newfound courage" i went to the usual spots she hung out during the game but didn't see her there. i asked around and found out she was an intern and when the calendar year ended so did her internship

i was CRUSHED

but that moment changed my life forever because from that moment on i "bucked up" and figured if i didn't ask it was the same as getting a "NO" and i would rather strike out swinging than looking

i would give ANYTHING to turn back the clock almost 14 years and be able to ask her out. every now and then i hear the name "Margaret Clemens" and when i do it hits me "right there" because that was her name

with a girl, watching a game, a bet you won, graduating from a school, getting a job, kickin someones ass, your first child, winning a championship....what be it?

:cocktail

I meant to answer a long time ago but forgot...

First choice,

I would relive my wedding day...

All I can say is that it was truly amazing...

A close second would be the 3 games I saw with the glue and tony montana at Fenway Park the year the Sox finally won it all...

THE SHRINK

VistaMan

Banned

Ken,

My wedding day would certainly be at the top of my list as well...I would have put that but, well, I would give anything to have my son for 1 more day. I just cant put that anywhere but at the very top.

also.....Looks like those Yank's are turnin' things around?????

Katie

EOG Master

Ken,

My wedding day would certainly be at the top of my list as well...I would have put that but, well, I would give anything to have my son for 1 more day. I just cant put that anywhere but at the very top.

also.....Looks like those Yank's are turnin' things around?????

i just read this thread..
i am so sorry for your tragic loss of your beautiful child..
that has to be one of the most difficult things a person can ever experience!

Playing a six deck shoe blackjack and not losing a hand the entire shoe.
Wish I could relive it because I was too drunk and euphoric to
remember most of it.

VistaMan

Banned

katie, Thanks again.....not looking for sympathy, just still looking for sense of understanding, after 17 years I still have not found it. I guess I never will.

Katie

EOG Master

katie, Thanks again.....not looking for sympathy, just still looking for sense of understanding, after 17 years I still have not found it. I guess I never will.

hard to understand how and why some things happen..
when it's someone so young it's especially hard to understand..
we will never know why some things happen..
and that can be very frustrating..

mofome

Banned

this child left more of an impact on your life, in almost no time, than most people could make in a life. whatever impact it may have been for you then and whatever impact it makes for you today, is significant...obviously. maybe you started to pray more, maybe you started to appreciate more, maybe you got in touch with more things within yourself than you ever knew existed. i cant tell you...i dont know you hardly at all. well...the lady is here and ive got to run...but i love having ya here vista. you're a strong person.

VistaMan

Banned

Thanks Mo! Means a lot to hear supporting words from all who have posted. Really means a lot. Thank You!

Everyone have a great night! Vistaman

Apple

Banned

Vistaman

Wow I can relate. My son died on Oct 2nd 2005. It changes you forever.

Well nonetheless God Bless you sir.

VistaMan

Banned

That is for certain...It changes you forever. To hear an infant cry even today send chills through my spine that even the coldest winter night can't compare. I miss him so much.

Good night to all....

iceko

EOG Member

This just happened very recently (3 months or so) I was offered to play in a featured scene on CSI:MIAMI cutting a fish on a dock (no speaking part, but still cool) and I was speaking to the casting director and I asked if she could get my brother a part as well because I couldnt drive straight through to Miami from Ohio by myself because they needed me the next morning....annnnnnyway I asked her that and she hung up the phone on me and I never heard back since:doh1 Wish I woulda just said yes ILL BE THERE!

Last edited:

mofome

Banned

This just happened very recently (3 months or so) I was offered to play in a featured scene on CSI:MIAMI cutting a fish on a dock (no speaking part, but still cool) and I was speaking to the casting director and I asked if she could get my brother a part as well because I couldnt drive straight through to Miami from Ohio by myself because they needed me the next morning....annnnnnyway I asked her that and she hung up the phone on me and I never heard back since:doh1 Wish I woulda just said yes ILL BE THERE!

a friend of mine, chris carmack, was recently on that show.

---

vista...all the best. hope to meet you if you are able to attend one of the eog parties. i feel that you are someone who i could gain a lot from...even if the time was brief.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Vista - when posting can be casual and tongue in cheek, you brought the thread back to earth with a heart wrenching post. I join all the others in passing along sympathies. I have witness the birth of my three and it's the best moment ever. I wish I had more time with my Grandparents to find out more about their lives, wishes, ambitions, war experiences and dreams.