OK !! WHAT HAPPENS IF THE YANKS ARE RAINED OUT NOW?

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: OK !! WHAT HAPPENS IF THE YANKS ARE RAINED OUT NOW?

Devil- My problem isn't that there wasn't a rule. My problem is WITH THE RULE. Books have a rule there. Fine. The Yankee bettors lose. In my opinion, it is a horrible rule though. IF you are cancelling run lines and totals, why not canel money line bets? The game was NOT official. It is NOT called a loss or a win by MLB. The game will be finished at a later date. Why do books have to make it official????? The only conceivable answer is they want the action to count so they make money. And if this is the answer, that is horseshit. That is the only logic I can see. Am I missing something?

YOU LEFT OUT THEY CAN ALSO LOSE MONEY ON THE GAME.

RUN LINES AND TOTAL MUST GO A FULL 8 1/2 OR 9 INNINGS TO COUNT, HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.

SHAVEN WOULD YOU BE AS ADAMANT ABOUT THE RULE IF YOU HAD BALTIMORE LAST NIGHT?

dirty

EOG Master

Yes they will Shrink... The game resumes at the point it was suspended... If the delay happened between innings it would have been an official game with the O's winning.... But since the Visitors half of the inning had started and at least one pitch was thrown it goes into the suspended game Category.... even if it went to the bottom half of the inning with the Yanks ahead it would have been suspended if the inning was in progress.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

For newbies mainly, Remember that the reason you don't win an over if you have the over in the bag is because the book cannot grade the unders as a loss and the over a winner because the players with over win, players with under would have to be a no bet and then the book is not in a position to have any chance of winning. When a wager is made, both the bettor and the bookie have to have an equal chance at winning for a bet to be a fair bet.

I used to argue in football, the 55 minute rule. Finally I understood that even though the over was in the bag at 40 minutes, all of the unders would have to be canceled since game was not complete and we cannot expect the book to pay winners only and cancel all losers as they have no chance at winning.

Moral: The bookie and the bettor must engage in a bet with both sides of the counter having equal chances at winning the bet.

The Devil

EOG Master

Devil - YOU were the one that started this thread asking the question. Wer eyou just trying to spark a conversation? It seems you already knew the answer.

YES, I PRETTY MUCH KNEW THE ANSWERS, WAS TRYING TO GENERATE SOME INTEREST AND SEE WHAT THE POSTERS KNEW AND FELT.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Obviously I would not be as adamant if I had the Orioles. But I would have considered my win a ridiculous and non-deserving lucky win. The same situation happened about a month ago with the Cubs and I had no action on the game. You can read what I posted. I thought it was ridiculous back then (when I had no action) that the game be graded that way. I am not asking for a win here. It should be a PUSH. How can you grade a wager a loss when the team did not lose (or a win for that matter)? I still don't see the difference from a tennis match being suspended to the next day. Action carries over.

Sure, the book could lose also. So, why grade it???????? I don't see the benefit for any side. It is an unfinished game with no result.

The Devil

EOG Master

Probably no benefit to either side is correct. This is just the way Vegas and bookmakers treat these types of games. Right or wrong it is the way it is done.

Shaven, you should gamble less and spend more time with that beautiful girlfriend of yours.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Thanks Dev. I actually probably don't gamble as much as most on here. I just love to talk about sports and EOG kills time at work for me.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Here is a question on the resumption of the game. lets say the yankees go out and buy a stud set up man for Rivera. (Big stretch the Yankees buying what they need) Can this reliever pitch when the game is resumed?

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I was thinking about that also. This game isn't being played till July 27th. A lot can happen since then. What about new roster members? The lineups are suppose to be the same. What if say Abreu who was up next is not a Yankee? Obviously he will be but you know what I am getting at.

Do the Yanks play the Orioles on the 27th? So is this going to be finishing up this game and then starting a new one? Say, Pettite was scheduled to start that day. They can actually have Pettote finish the suspended game and then pitch the start of the 2nd game since he is warmed up. Correct? It would be weird to do, but there are lots of options here.

The Devil

EOG Master

READ DIRTY'S POST NO 33 IN THIS THREAD, EXPLAINS IT ALL.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

c) A suspended game shall be resumed at the exact point of suspension of the original game. The completion of a suspended game is a continuation of the original game. The lineup and batting order of both teams shall be exactly the same as the lineup and batting order at the moment of suspension, subject to the rules governing substitution. Any player may be replaced by a player who had not been in the game prior to the suspension. No player removed before the suspension may be returned to the lineup.
A player who was not with the club when the game was suspended may be used as a substitute, even if he has taken the place of a player no longer with the club who would not have been eligible because he had been removed from the lineup before the game was suspended.

my bad did not read it!!!