Baseball Trivia Question

OscarB

EOG Dedicated
This is one I made up myself, while looking at some Senators' baseball history this evening.

Which Yankee played in back-to-back World Series with the Yankees, making the last out of one of those series, and later played less than one season for the Washington Senators ?

Re: Baseball Trivia Question

Moose didn't get a hit in that series that ended in 7 games. A shutout was pitched by the opposing pitcher in game 7, who ironically started his career with the Yankees. He pitched that complete game shutout on 2 days rest, and it was his second shutout of the series which landed him the MVP of the series. Who was that pitcher?

Correct! Ok.....he was one of four players on that Milwaukee team in 57 that would later play for the Phillies....name them

Don't know that one.

Ah Munson! You were on a roll....that was my era when I was a little boy of 8 years.....now you know how old I am.

Big left handed hitter- Wes Covington with that deep crouch
Bob Buhl
Frank Torre---- (Joe's brother)...another left handed hitter
and sweet lew Burdette. (1965) he passed away this year matter of fact

in fact.......I believe that Buhl, Larry Jackson, and Burdette came in that trade with the Cubs for Fergie Jenkins

munson15

I want winners...

I thought Bob Buhl was one of them. One of the worst hitters ever. I was born in '58, my earliest memories are of the '65 World Series on a black/white TV. The other answers I know because I've studied a lot of Yankee history.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Yeah - Moose Skowron. Way to go munson.

Skowron made the last out of the 1957 World Series, but the following year knocked in the winning run in game six of the '58 World Series. Skowron also hit a 3-run home run in game seven to propel the Yankees to a World Series win, and a comeback from a 3-1 series deficit. Played 1/2 a season for the Senators in '64.

:cheers

The Devil

EOG Master

Ah Munson! You were on a roll....that was my era when I was a little boy of 8 years.....now you know how old I am.

Big left handed hitter- Wes Covington with that deep crouch
Bob Buhl
Frank Torre---- (Joe's brother)...another left handed hitter
and sweet lew Burdette. (1965) he passed away this year matter of fact

DAWG POUND, AS A KID WE ALWAYS PLAYED BASEBALL PLAYERS INITIALS......I WOULD SAY B.B. MILWAUKEE BRAVES AND THEY GUY WOULD SAY BOB BUHL AND I WOULD SAY NO IT WAS ---- ------.

TELL ME WHO?

DAWG POUND, AS A KID WE ALWAYS PLAYED BASEBALL PLAYERS INITIALS......I WOULD SAY B.B. MILWAUKEE BRAVES AND THEY GUY WOULD SAY BOB BUHL AND I WOULD SAY NO IT WAS ---- ------.

TELL ME WHO?

hope you're not talking about that $hitty hitter by the name of Billy Bruton

I thought Bob Buhl was one of them. One of the worst hitters ever. I was born in '58, my earliest memories are of the '65 World Series on a black/white TV. The other answers I know because I've studied a lot of Yankee history.

Munson......Bob Buhl was a pitcher

munson15

I want winners...

I'm sorry, I exaggerated, .089! No fluke either, that's over 857AB's.