Gatlinburg, TN questions

Re: Gatlinburg, TN questions

general..........

we go there 3-5 times a year. love to ride my bike up there. great place to stay for a tennessee football game.

i know every place to eat or stay while you are there.

email me any questions.

get a chalet with a great view........ NO hotel............

feel free to call me or email me.......

AS FAR AS BEING THE SAME AS BUMFUCK, ALABAMA....... WELL, YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE FROM DUMBFUCK TO EVEN SAY THAT...

GATLINBURG IS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY...

OH..... DOLLYWOOD IS PRETTY COOL ALSO.

The best Cabin Locations? Pigeon Forge.

NO..........

IF YOU ARE GOING THERE STAY THERE. STAYING IN PIGEON FORGE IS LIKE GOING TO THE BEACH AND STAYING ACROSS THE STREET.

STAY IN THE MOUNTAINS.

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

somebody please name me one decent place to eat in this place-just one.
I went there a lot growing up and I hated it. IHOP doesnt count.

dirty, I'm shocked. Black Bear Jamboree? downtown atlanta is the best black bear jamboree.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I really appreciate your feedback guys, but at this moment the hold-up is lack of internet service. They straight up told me it was bad.

dirty

EOG Master

The Alamo is a great Steak House... Not Ruth's Cris' but damn Close..

Calhouns has good food, and Bennett's has some good BarbQ...

There are plenty of good Restaurants to eat at.....

Compared to Myrtle Beach, Destin, and other Vacation locales sure the top notch places are limited, but there are some...

The General

I'm just taking a cooler with some crab meat, egg salad, home-made egg macs, bologna, turkey, cheese, hot dogs, maybe some grilling items, stuff to cook, etc....

These places, shall I go there have kitchens and barb grills.

The cook can still cook on a little trip.

there is several chalet companies that have service.........

good food there...... not NYC food...... but NYC has no Smokey Mountains:D

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

The Alamo is a great Steak House... Not Ruth's Cris' but damn Close..

Calhouns has good food, and Bennett's has some good BarbQ...

There are plenty of good Restaurants to eat at.....

dirty,
its been a while since i was there. I stand corrected.

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

there is several chalet companies that have service.........

good food there...... not NYC food...... but NYC has no Smokey Mountains:D

I've never dined there, but I'll bet NYC doesn't have any good "real" pit smoked BBQ either.

I'll take a country fried steak over pate de fois gras any day of the week.

The General

Looks like Eden Crest it is. If the INTERNET won't work, well I will try their library or the star bucks, trying atleast to read some daily.

It may be refreshing to take a week off after 5 years huh?

THANKS GUYS

Katie

EOG Master

i'm glad you're going, gen..
it will do you good..
be sure and visit the smoky mtn national park..

if you have the time go to Dollywood. cool little park. even for old farts like me.
also, the trout fishing is great. drive over to Cherokee NC.

But. PLEASE....... get a chalet in the mountains and just chill.

The General

A little recap of my trip last week, originally planned a 5 night stay at Eden Crest vacation cabin rentals, INC.

We left last Saturday approx 6 PM Est with our Cabin check in to be 4 PM on Sunday the 15th. We stayed over around Corbin, Ky at a Hampton Inn which was pretty nice and left there close to check out on Sunday morning heading to Eden Crest, our destination. We arrived just barely early Sunday but the cabin was ready so checked in and started our vacation. I learned pretty quick that the internet service was pitiful so instead of beating my head against the wall for hours, I just put it away for the week.

On Sunday we un-packed and settled into the cabin which can be seen here... Bear Pause

I recommend this place to anyone. Definitely a great place for me as far as a vacation place.

Only thing we really did on Sunday night was use the Hot tub, Jacuzzi and cook some dinner along with R&R.

On Monday we went to the Ripley's Aquarium which was very nice.

On Tuesday we went to Townsend and visited a cave which was quite the workout, starting out walking down 87 steep steps. It was fun and lasted about an hour and 30 minutes.

On Wednesday, we went to the Magic Beyond Belief show and that was really good. We ordered tickets on Monday afternoon and got front row center seats.

On Thursday we went out and about doing some shop looking like antiques, souvenirs, etc..for a few hours. On Thursday night I realized that I was not necessarily ready to leave on Friday morning so I called the front desk and was able to reserve another night with a 25% discount added.

On Friday we did a lot of R&R all day but in the evening I wanted to go out for a ride and check out a little kid fun park right down at the bottom of the hill, approx 10 miles I reckon so off we went and ended up riding karts with my daughter.

We packed up most everything and was ready to leave before bed-time Friday night.

On Saturday I got up at 5:30 AM and finished any packing after a last tour in the Jacuzzi. We left out at 8 AM (Avoiding the major traffic a couple hours later) with me driving and had a great ride home stopping at King Fish for lunch to go and arrived back home approx 4 PM Saturday.

My daughter was super the entire week. She loved the trip and my cook bought all the food we needed at the cabin so we saved money on eating In. She did all the cooking. We never stepped foot in any fancy restaurants.

Anyhow if you are thinking of going somewhere for vacation I would suggest this resort and there was 100 other things we could have done. So much to do but so little time and money for all of it.

PS...I sweat A LOT. LOL

Thanks all and have a nice week.

:cheers

Last edited:

The General

Thank Kate and let me add that we had a little 9 ball pool tourney up in the loft, Best of 7, the cook and I. She won the 1st 3 games but I came back to win 4-3. She had a great shot on the 9 in last game but missed and left me a little foot shot to win the tourney and take the trophy. :houra

The pool table was very nice to have for some fun but it was very unbalanced and the sticks were warped terribly. Even though it was a nice addition.

That's about it folks. The weather as pretty perfect all week long with a few sporadic showers which cooled things down a bit the last 3 nights.