Chris Benoit Dead.....

andrew748

Banned
Re: Chris Benoit Dead.....

Chris Benoit Not At WWE Vengeance Pay-Per-View
Date Added: June 24, 2007
Story By: Richard Gray
<!-- printinclude body --> Chris Benoit was unable to work tonight's Vengeance pay-per-view. The Canadian Crippler was replaced by Johnny Nitro, who ended up winning the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

Tazz briefly mentioned that Benoit was unable to make it due to "personal reasons." As we reported earlier here at Rajah.com today, Benoit had to fly home over the weekend to deal with a family emergency.

We should have a full update on Chris Benoit after the event is over.

ProWrestling.com - WWE News, TNA, ECW, UFC, Wrestling News, Results, Spoilers, Divas, Headlines, Newsboard, Playboy, Wrestling, Discussion, Forums, Columns, Editorials, Wrestling Photos, Interviews, Newsboards WWE Video Games, Fantasy, Independent Ne

guns are bad ok

i might be wrong, but i'll lay money on there being angry people with fire arms involved here.

good luck breaking this sad news to GOTTI jr Shawn.

The Devil

EOG Master

WOW, I DON'T FOLLOW WRESTLING BUT MY 4 AND 6 YEAR OLD GRANDSONS ARE CRAZY ABOUT IT. I HAVE BEEN BUYING THEM PACKS OF THE WWE DOG TAGS AND I OPEN THEM AND CALL MY SON ASKING WHICH BOYS HAVE WHICH TAGS........SO I KNOW WHO GETS WHAT......

LAST WEEK I BOUGHT 6 PACKS AND MY SON ASKED WHO I GOT.....WHEN I SAID I HAD CHRIS BEN-OIT HE SAID BEN-WA OR I WOULD HAVE HAD NO IDEA WHO THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT.

SAW HIS PICTURE ON WWE.COM AND MAN THE GUY LOOKS PRETTY YOUNG.

SURE THE DETAILS WON'T BE PLEASANT WHEN THEY COME OUT.

This may be a real reach, but I remember back in the day their being some real-life heat between Benoit and Kevin Sullivan. Benoit married Sullivans ex, who I think left Kevin for Chris. Not pointing any fingers here, but in the world of professional, we all know anything can happen......

WOW, I DON'T FOLLOW WRESTLING BUT MY 4 AND 6 YEAR OLD GRANDSONS ARE CRAZY ABOUT IT. I HAVE BEEN BUYING THEM PACKS OF THE WWE DOG TAGS AND I OPEN THEM AND CALL MY SON ASKING WHICH BOYS HAVE WHICH TAGS........SO I KNOW WHO GETS WHAT......

LAST WEEK I BOUGHT 6 PACKS AND MY SON ASKED WHO I GOT.....WHEN I SAID I HAD CHRIS BEN-OIT HE SAID BEN-WA OR I WOULD HAVE HAD NO IDEA WHO THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT.

SAW HIS PICTURE ON WWE.COM AND MAN THE GUY LOOKS PRETTY YOUNG.

SURE THE DETAILS WON'T BE PLEASANT WHEN THEY COME OUT.

I have heard many reports that in a shoot, Benoit would beat nearly everybody.....

dirty

EOG Master

LOOKING AT THE PASSING OF CHRIS BENOIT
by Dave Scherer @ 6:55:00 PM on 6/25/2007

It's no secret to anyone who reads this site that by the time that the early 1990s had come around, I wasn't the biggest fan in the world of the product that the WWF and WCW were producing and I turned to the Japanese tape trading market to get my fix of hot wrestling action. I still vividly remember, just like it was yesterday, seeing this amazing young Junior Heavyweight in a mask named The Pegasus Kid and telling myself I needed to see more this amazing young wrestler.
Of course, we later got to know him as Chris Benoit.
Seeing him wrestle just once I immediately knew that I had to get my hands on any tape that had any matches featuring this amazing, flying technician on it. I even pointed my 10 foot satellite dish southward to Mexico in hopes of catching him on any broadcast where he appeared while he was in between tours of Japan. Seeing someone like him do his fantastic reassured me that the wrestling business, despite not being in the best of shape here in the US, was certainly alive and well outside our borders. In a lot of ways, seeing guys like him do what they do kept my faith in and hope for the business alive.
Later he came to ECW, his first real exposure in the US as a big time star. He had worked for WCW before, but in ECW he was presented as what he had become, one of the best wrestlers in the world. I still remember the night of the first ECW fan convention in 1995 at The Flagstaff in Jim Thorpe, PA where, with a wink, he made reference to the ring to a bunch of "Internet F***heads", only to be mildly surprised when calling the group that actually got a pop. It was a changing time in the US wrestling business and Benoit was a central figure in it.
He left ECW and went to WCW on one of the first big money deals that guys his size would have never gotten before. He later left WCW, with his Radicals brethren, for the WWF when the group decided that they would rather walk away from big money deals in Atlanta where they may be booked poorly to try their hand up in Stamford. They literally put their money where their mouth was. Once there, he did something most people in and around the business never thought would happen, he tasted championship gold. Through it all, Chris Benoit was, in addition to being an amazing worker, truly a revolutionary force in the business.
Today, far before his time, this fine man and incredible professional wrestler, as well as his family, are dead.
Honestly, I don't know what to say. I am truly numb right now. I have all the same questions that all of you do. What happened? How could it have happened? Jesus, how the hell could this happen? In the coming hours and days, we will find all of that out. But right now, I am numb. And sad. And just absolutely shocked at the news.
A husband, father and son is dead, as is his family. We can wonder how it happened and try to make sense of it, but in the end it's fruitless. Four people have died well before their time and it just shouldn't have happened. Whatever the reason is, it's a senseless tragedy.
Tonight on Raw, a stunned group of people in WWE will pay tribute to the man and his legacy. We will all respect that and show our appreciation for the man. I still can't believe that we have to though. This has truly left me numb. I am sorry if this came across as rambling but I just don't know what else to say. Rest in peace Chris and family. If you can hear us, know you will be missed because you most certainly will be

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=25102&p=1

Beniot went back to his family for personal reasons on the weekend which is why he wasnt on the PPV last night and he died today at home with them. I am not looking forward to the news on how this turn of events unfolded.

R.I.P.

I'm glad the WWE didn't go on with the show like they have before. Like when Owen Hart died .

dirty

EOG Master
WERE NOT SHOT TO DEATH

WERE NOT SHOT TO DEATH

Local Paper here....THEY WERE NOT SHOT TO DEATH

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07 A professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.
Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="175"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td class="caption">Chris Benoit
</td></tr></tbody></table><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext--> Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.
Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.
The organization said on its Web site said that Monday night's broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network will "serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home | ajc.com

you'd think if it was murder/suicide that a gun would be involved.

Maybe carbon monoxide poisoning. Who knows at this point...

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Tyson never did any shit like this. I know that sounds completely ignorant but i just had to say it.

dirty

EOG Master

I can't see a Murder/Suicide without a gun, unless it is like shorty said...but if they were found in the car I am sure that would have been reported by now...

Damn He was one of my Faves even though I didn't watch it much anymore... wish more would come out to put all this to rest

His children from his first marriage were not there, so they are all fine

Still could be killed with a knife but at this point its all heresay until police release more information.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

If this guy killed his wife and his little boy as far as I'm concerned he's worse than oj. A lot worse!

yeah but if your car is running in the garage you can be in the house and eventually it will kill you.

I read about an accident where a man or woman had went out to start their car to warm it up for work but then didn't go for some reason and had forgot to turn off the car.

They were found dead laying in the bed along with the dogs who had laid down by him or her knowing something was wrong.

The cat (self centered little bastards) was fine as it had gone outside.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

And the idea that someone else without a gun could have won a fight with this guy and been able to kill him seems pretty damn remote.

Its a shame that something like benoit's death had to bring down that absolutely asinine work of Vince being dead.....

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

devil maybe some these guys could play for the mets.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

This is unbelievable, the Crippler wwas the best and the last of the truly technical wrestlers. RIP Chris!

you'd think if it was murder/suicide that a gun would be involved.

Maybe carbon monoxide poisoning. Who knows at this point...

The fact that a gun wasn't used just rules out the chance that someone outside the family/house did it, hence increasing the odds that it was done by someone already in the house. The odds are he killed his family then either hung himself or went into the garage and turned on a vehicle.

dirty

EOG Master

One of his Greatest matches he had 96' Hog Wild in WCW against Dean Malenko is on now

The Devil

EOG Master

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07
A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.
Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=175 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption>Chris Benoit
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=170 bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=9 width=168 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=body>? World Wrestling Entertainment Web site</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext-->
Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.
Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian native maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.
Most recently, Benoit fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment organization. WWE canceled its live show in Corpus Christi Monday night, and its broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network was a three-hour retrospective on Benoit's career.
"Obviously, all sorts of speculation are running rampant but I have talked to so many people and nobody really knows [whether the couple was having marital troubles]," said Bryan Alvarez, who runs Figurefour Weekly, a wrestling newsletter and Web site, from Linwood, Washington.
Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.
Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman."
They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling.
Soon after, the two became romantically involved in real life and married, Alvarez said.
Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

<!--endtext--><!-- end Java setup --><!-- CONTENT WELL ENDS --><!-- begin inform --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function fnInformRArticles() { var imSiteId = '6801'; var imPageURL = 'http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html'; var imToken = ''; var imKey = 'false'; if(imToken == 'true' || imKey == 'true') { var xmlHttpReq = false; var response = ""; var self = this; var strURL = '/news/webservice_client/webservice_clientclass/inform/portal_related_articles.jsp'; var path="informSiteId="+imSiteId+"&informPageURL="+imPageURL; if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// Mozilla/Safari/IE7 self.xmlHttpReq = new XMLHttpRequest(); } else if (window.ActiveXObject ) { // other IE Versions self.xmlHttpReq = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } self.xmlHttpReq.open('POST', strURL, true); self.xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'); self.xmlHttpReq.send(path); self.xmlHttpReq.onreadystatechange = function() { if (self.xmlHttpReq.readyState == 4) { response = self.xmlHttpReq.responseText; document.getElementById("informRelatedLink").innerHTML=response; } } } }</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>fnInformRArticles()</SCRIPT>
<!-- end inform --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>apply_behaviours();</SCRIPT><!--endclickprintinclude--><!-- begin DoubleClick addition --><!-- end DoubleClick addition --><!-- The Story Id is (/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html) -->

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Tyson never did any shit like this. I know that sounds completely ignorant but i just had to say it.

lots of emotions pour out when you hear news like this. Hard to deal with this type of news. Your reaction is OK.

My emotion was something like that as I thought how much people hate Barry Bonds as he approaches a great wonderful milestone and other athletes from the steroid era now may have killed their families, and Ray Lewis basically did kill someone or at least was there watching"... world seems upside down sometimes.