What would the SUNS record be if Barbosa was their starting Point Guard?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I say they still win around 60.

What do you say?

It just seems like the team doesn't lose anything when Nash goes out and Barbosa comes in.

Re: What would the SUNS record be if Barbosa was their starting Point Guard?

i agree, my friend... good luck tonight...been a horrible day for me.

:mutley

Barbosa doesn't see the game the way nash does.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Better question is what would be the Suns record if Joe Johnson was still on in Phoenix........

royboy

EOG Dedicated

They were horrible this year without Nash in the lineup. Barbosa is more of a 2 guard. Players like Marion, Amare, and Bell would really miss Nash. I would guess they win between 45 and 50 games.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

So without Nash the Suns still win 45-50 and make the playoffs.

What does Cleveland win without Lebron? What does LA win without Kobe?

Less than 25 for both.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

So Nash has a better supporting cast than those two. Who didn't already know that?

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Imo yes he deserved the mvp the past 2 years. Having good players around you should not penalize you. Without Nash, the Suns might be slightly above average. With him, they are arguable the top team in the league, top 3 certainly. Big difference.

mofome

Banned

the suns played a few games without nash...how did they do...

:cocktail

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

i often times find that facts are a good way to go. many here do not agree.

you are special. many dont realize how special you are.

by the way how did the pistons do without chauncey? just curious. i havent checked.

and how did GS do without Baron Davis?

mofome

Banned

you are special. many dont realize how special you are.

by the way how did the pistons do without chauncey? just curious. i havent checked.

and how did GS do without Baron Davis?

almost as special as your yanks winning 110 games prediction. :)

btw, matt cain has given up less hits than any starter in baseball. weird, aint it.

:+waving-5

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

almost as special as your yanks winning 110 games prediction. :)

btw, matt cain has given up less hits than any starter in baseball. weird, aint it.

:+waving-5

whats his record?

1 win? wins are the most important number. just as they are with nash and the suns.

mofome

Banned

whats his record?

1 win? wins are the most important number. just as they are with nash and the suns.

factually speaking, a pitchers wins are not the most important indication on just how well he is pitching. i need only reference r lopez with a 15 win season and an era near 5, while clemens managed just 13 (in 32 starts) with an era under 1.90.
teams win and lose. a pitcher controls what he does on the mound. that being, hits allowed, ks, walks, era, whip. lets not have you get into an argument with me. we already know you'd end up more embarrassed than you were when you woke up today, even though most would find that hard to imagine. :)

The simple answer to this is Barbosa will never play the PG spot. Banks would start and it would cost the Suns about 10 games. He really isn't a PG either, but a lot closer to one than LB. My guess is if say Nash got hurt in preseason and was slated to miss the year Coach Mike would probably slot in Boris to play the role of the PG, although he probably wouldn't get defended by the other team's PG. In that scenario I think the Suns would lose about 5-6 wins. Boris could be a devastating PG, but he just seems to lack the fire right now. This is probably the most pressing issue for the Suns at the moment because he could contribute quite a lot against the Spurs or Nuggets, mainly in drawing fouls and creating or scoring a few layups, if he puts his mind to it.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

mofo,

I never said win/losses show how a pitcher is pitching. but WINS are the most important number in baseball.

I dont care how my team wins...as long as they win.

I will gladly take the pitcher with a 10 era who wins 30 games and all 5 playoff starts over a pitcher with a 1.00 era that wins 2 during the regular season and his team doesnt make the playoffs.

Just means the team cant win when he pitchers, while they can win the the gascan pitchers.

Winning is everything!

:)

As good as Barbosa is, he's better coming off the bench than starting. Sure, he's good enough to be a starter for most NBA teams, but Phoenix has that Nash guy.

mofome

Banned

mofo,

I never said win/losses show how a pitcher is pitching. but WINS are the most important number in baseball.

I dont care how my team wins...as long as they win.

I will gladly take the pitcher with a 10 era who wins 30 games and all 5 playoff starts over a pitcher with a 1.00 era that wins 2 during the regular season and his team doesnt make the playoffs.

Just means the team cant win when he pitchers, while they can win the the gascan pitchers.

Winning is everything!

:)

yes, thats because you are stupid. pitchers do not win, TEAMS win. the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will understand the first thing about baseball. no one would take r lopez over clemens, but lopez won more games. steve trachsel won 15 games last year, but still, no team wanted him. he had no team to play for until the Os lost kris benson for the season this spring. no GM wanted him even though he won 15 games last year, weird. maybe thats because all he did was post an era near 5, allow 20 more hits than IP, only ked 79 batters in 30 starts, and had a whip of 1.60. thats what he did. the mets won 15 games of his, he got run support. as a pitcher, he was crap and everyone knew that. well, everyone but you. there is a reason people call you an idiot and its not because you're bright.

:cheers

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Barbosa is perfect as a 6th man. He is not a PG. He does not have the halfcourt skills, he thrives in the open court.