Michael Jordan's son plans to play for Illinois: guard won't be on scholarship

dirty

EOG Master
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published on: 04/27/07 Champaign, Ill. ? Jeffrey Jordan, the son of Michael Jordan, plans to attend Illinois next year and play basketball as a walk-on.
Jordan, a 6-2 guard at Loyola Academy in Wilmette, Ill., said in a news release Friday he chose Illinois over Valparaiso.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude--><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="175"></table><!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext--> "After I worked out at Illinois, (met) with the coaching staff and the players, and toured the campus with my mom, I just felt more comfortable with U of I," he said.
Jordan was a three-year starter at Loyola Academy and two-year All Catholic League player.
He told Illinois coach Bruce Weber of his plans on Wednesday. NCAA rules bar Weber or his staff from commenting on walk-on players before they enroll.
As a walk-on, Jordan will not sign a letter of intent, meaning his commitment is nonbinding.

Michael Jordan's son plans to play for Illinois | ajc.com

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Michael Jordan's son plans to play for Illinois: guard won't be on scholarship

This was a strategic decision to save a scholarship, as Jordan will Prolly build a new Athletic Facility or something for the University

Re: Michael Jordan's son plans to play for Illinois: guard won't be on scholarship

Sounds like he plays basketball as well as his father played baseball.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

I wonder if can pimp like his old man?

He is a lefty. Cant dribble with his right hand well, and has no vertical jump to speak of. Tested at like 9 inches or something like that