Quinn to go #1?

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 27, 2007; Page E01

NEW YORK, April 27 -- In a stunning last-minute twist, the Oakland Raiders agreed to a contract with Brady Quinn and announced they will use the top pick in tomorrows NFL draft on the Notre Damn quarterback instead of on LSU quarterback Jamarcus Russell.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Re: Quinn to go #1?

Probably a big rumor...Would you take Quinn over Jamarcus Russel Or Johnson? I got this off Finheaven, anyone else hear this?

mofome

Banned

By Mark Maske<!--<?xml:namespace />--><!--<o:p>--><!--</o:p>-->
<!--<?xml:namespace />--><!--<st1:place>--><!--<st1:State>-->Washington<!--</st1:State>--><!--</st1:place>--> Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 27, 2007; Page E01
<!--<o:p>--><!--</o:p>-->
NEW YORK, April 27-- With the 2007 NFL draft only a day away , we still have no idea who the Raiders are going to pick with the first selection. Some people say JaMarcus Russell, some say Brady Quinn and others have made a case for the highly touted Calvin Johnson

The Raiders will find some way to mess up but I don't think even they could make the mistake of taking Quinn first.

dirty

EOG Master

why would you take a Big Screen TV Sales man with the first pick...

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Quarterback JaMarcus Russell is big, strong and all those things we've heard. But he also is a winner. While at LSU, Russell was 25-4 as a starter and engineered eight comeback victories for the Tigers when they trailed in the fourth quarter. Is this all about money? You bet. Russell is money. Sure, Raiders owner Al Davis already has engaged in contract negotiations with Russell's agents, Eric Metz and Ethan Locke. They've heard a guaranteed money offer, and it's not the $30 million it likely will take to sign Russell. Not even close. Davis is taking responsibility for drafting and signing Russell. The stakes and the price are enormous here. The potential for a holdout is very, very real. And the rest of the NFL will be watching closely to see how the 77-year-old Davis makes this happen.
So if Davis is locked into Russell, control of the board has to shift elsewhere.

why would you take a Big Screen TV Sales man with the first pick...

Hah, I was thinking more like high school gym teacher at least. But I like your thought better, dirty! That seems more like it.

Quarterback JaMarcus Russell is big, strong and all those things we've heard. But he also is a winner.

But wont amount to shit in the NFL...Another Vick at best. And you will see the Titan QB back to earth this season. Most likely benched or hurt by mid season.

mofome

Banned

Quarterback JaMarcus Russell is big, strong and all those things we've heard. But he also is a winner.

But wont amount to shit in the NFL...Another Vick at best. And you will see the Titan QB back to earth this season. Most likely benched or hurt by mid season.

the only reason to compare russell and vick is b/c they're both black. then you talk about young as well. whats wrong, negroes got ya down?

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I definately believe this is a possibility.

JaMarcus Russell was on a NY radio show this afternoon and told them that The Raiders have not even contacted him yet.

the only reason to compare russell and vick is b/c they're both black. then you talk about young as well. whats wrong, negroes got ya down?

Not at all. Hell wasnt for them NFL or NBA for that matter wouldnt exist. Just seem as if the QB's that have the nack for leaving and boltin just dont make the grade. Thats all

mofome

Banned

Not at all. Hell wasnt for them NFL or NBA for that matter wouldnt exist. Just seem as if the QB's that have the nack for leaving and boltin just dont make the grade. Thats all

uh, bolting? you ever watch football before? i like you, so i am going to be easy on ya.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

If Quinn is taken 1st how far does Russel drop? Browns love him I hear. Whatever happens I hope Joe Thomas drops far enough to tempt the Dolphins into trading for him. If not trade down and get more picks IMO

mofome

Banned

If Quinn is taken 1st how far does Russel drop? Browns love him I hear. Whatever happens I hope Joe Thomas drops far enough to tempt the Dolphins into trading for him. If not trade down and get more picks IMO

there is ZERO CHANCE quinn goes #1. none. zero.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

there is ZERO CHANCE quinn goes #1. none. zero.
So it's Russel or Johnson and that's it? This is going to be an entertaining draft. Lots of people could be changing spots. My Dolphins might actually make a splash in the draft for once. I hope you are right Mofome, I would not mind taking a crack at Quinn if he slipd to us at 9 but I wouldn't want them to trade up for him.

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

i hate quinn. but I think the real reason russell left early is the fact that he might not start next year at LSU. I also see him as a fumbling machine in the NFL.

mofome

Banned

So it's Russel or Johnson and that's it? This is going to be an entertaining draft. Lots of people could be changing spots. My Dolphins might actually make a splash in the draft for once. I hope you are right Mofome, I would not mind taking a crack at Quinn if he slipd to us at 9 but I wouldn't want them to trade up for him.

Russell will go 1
Calvin will probably go 2; maybe 3. no way 4.

quinn im not sure on at all. i think he will stink, so i let that play a roll in my thinking when i should not. i think the browns are making a mistake listing frye ahead of anderson on the depth chart already; im not sure what they will do. peterson makes the most sense for them, imo, but i think they go with quinn. NE coaching connection and all. i think TB takes adams, i think the cards take thomas, i think the skins move down. i think the team moves into 6 to take peterson. i think minn then takes landry, but they like leon hall a lot.

mofome

Banned

i hate quinn. but I think the real reason russell left early is the fact that he might not start next year at LSU. I also see him as a fumbling machine in the NFL.

thats the most idiotic thing anyone has ever said. ever. you should be put on pr and have to wear a helmet 24 hours a day.

devilmann

EOG Addicted

Quinn never impressed me at all. I may be proven wrong in the future, but if it was my decision I would rather hold out and pick a later round QB like Leak or Zabransky for a hell of a lot less money.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I'd like to see the Raiders trade down the number one pick and get more help on the O-line and get a half way decent veteran QB by trade or free agency.

Al Davis wont do that though.

mofome

Banned

I'd like to see the Raiders trade down the number one pick and get more help on the O-line and get a half way decent veteran QB by trade or free agency.

Al Davis wont do that though.

imo, the best thing for the raiders would be to get culp, draft calvin, and take sears in round 2. that is what they should do.

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

mo
serioulsly he almost didnt start this year. that Perilloux (sp?) kid from texas was dead even going into the first game. he does fumble a lot. see florida on the 1 and auburn games.

mofome

Banned

mo
serioulsly he almost didnt start this year. that Perilloux (sp?) kid from texas was dead even going into the first game. he does fumble a lot. see florida on the 1 and auburn games.

oh ryan perrilloux? i had never ever ever heard of him? i am guessing there is no chance that he originally committed to texas and then switched to LSU. not that facts matter, but he is from louis. :)

we're talking about a jr that is going to be picked #1 in the NFl draft. ive got news for you, ryan wont be the #1 pick in next years draft. also, matt flynn was russells back up.

thanks for the education.

:cheers

dirty

EOG Master

Not true. They are both QB's right?

If you are one of the ones that Call Vick a QB... anyone that watches him play knows he is a RB that occasionally Throws the ball and seldomly has a completion that is not to the other team

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted

moblome
les miles told russell he would not play every down next year.you're right flynn was the backup.I don't think the kid from texas played a down so he i guess he redshirted. many NFL scouts think russell will fumble a lot. he does not protect the ball. plus he lumbers when he runs. athlete yes. a good one. Joe Montana no. IMO he is out of shape too. that fumble on the Florida one cost LSU a run at Ohio State.

mofome

Banned

moblome
les miles told russell he would not play every down next year.you're right flynn was the backup.I don't think the kid from texas played a down so he i guess he redshirted. many NFL scouts think russell will fumble a lot. he does not protect the ball. plus he lumbers when he runs. athlete yes. a good one. Joe Montana no. IMO he is out of shape too. that fumble on the Florida one cost LSU a run at Ohio State.

lets keep in mind that fact that you dont know anything. ryan is not from texas. you have trouble reading? :) les miles did not tell russell that. you dont know any nfl scouts. perrilloux did play a down. you know less than nothing. less than nothing. in other words, we all benefit when you're not talking.

mo - why be so vicious to another poster? does it make u feel like a bigger man??? i hope so!!!!

:mutley

mofome

Banned

mo - why be so vicious to another poster? does it make u feel like a bigger man??? i hope so!!!!

im just honest with people that talk out of their asses. like you. you dont know shit, so i tell you that. if you dont like honesty, thats too bad. this guy doesn't know shit. the sooner he figures that out, the better.

but mo, who are you to tell people what the truth is? who are you? that's all. tell us of your experience, your achievements....until you show some background or foundation to judge people and make statements as you do, i think u kinda should keep ur grill shut.

mofome

Banned

but mo, who are you to tell people what the truth is? who are you? that's all. tell us of your experience, your achievements....until you show some background or foundation to judge people and make statements as you do, i think u kinda should keep ur grill shut.

but you also beg me to take you off block on AIM. you're are the definition of a clown. who am i to tell people the truth? what kinda sense does that make?

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

i am someone that knows what hes talking about. you are not. this dude is not. all im doing is stating facts. not terribly complex.

nice question. who are you to tell people what the truth is? that may be the most stupid thing anyone has ever said. ive got an idea, why doesn't everyone just make things up instead? who needs reality, we could just listen to you and other people that dont know anything.
:+excited-

lol mo u keep bringing up the AIM thing like ur a 12 yr old!!! LOL that was so long ago, little buddy!!!!

keep makin urself feel BIGGER!!!

clown....

mofome

Banned

that was like 2 weeks ago and its happened more than once. its not about making anyone feel anything, its about whats reality and whats not. you dont seem to understand that, but you really dont seem to understand anything. you are someone who asks, 'you are you to tell the truth'.

:LMAO