WTO advertising

sean1

EOG Dedicated
I understand that WSEX and others paid several million dollars to fight the battle.

Now that they won, why doesn't one of them take out a full page ad in the USA today, NYTimes, or etc stating:

US loses World Trade Organization Case
WTO says online gambling is legal.
We expect quick cooperation

Or whatever...

It is about time the American public is made aware that the US is ignoring this ruling and this will only happen if some people with money advertise it.

It would be awful hard for the DOJ to prosecute someone for running a WTO ruling ad.

Sean

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Re: WTO advertising

I understand that WSEX and others paid several million dollars to fight the battle.

Now that they won, why doesn't one of them take out a full page ad in the USA today, NYTimes, or etc stating:

US loses World Trade Organization Case
WTO says online gambling is legal.
We expect quick cooperation

Or whatever...

It is about time the American public is made aware that the US is ignoring this ruling and this will only happen if some people with money advertise it.

It would be awful hard for the DOJ to prosecute someone for running a WTO ruling ad.

Sean

A new idea. I like it, but I think we will still see the US try another appeal, if only to "buy time" to make a deal. (Think I read where there still is one appeal available). Hope I'm wrong .

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, they have one more appeal, but after the bitch slapping they took in the last one, they might not take another one...

First ruling said they could just change the Horse Racing Act to comply.

After last appeal, panel hinted Wire Act might need change. Did not directly comment on UIGEA, but basically said if it were brought up, it violates the rules. And mentioned remote gambling other than horses (Lotteries, etc) fall into the need to comply.

The WTO doesnt seem to like appeals when they have 0 basis. I think the WTO also gets more upset when a company promises to comply if given a year and does nothing.

Should get interesting.

I bet the Chinese are laughing.

Sean

Woody

EOG Veteran

Yeah, they have one more appeal, but after the bitch slapping they took in the last one, they might not take another one...

US style is to use all available appeals. When those are lost the style is to then negotiate what they want anyway.

WeetBixKid

EOG Member

If only we could all comply with the law when so we choose. We can only hope that in time things get changed to be the way that they should be.