Explain the units please?

PassTheRock

EOG Master
I see some of you guys posting your records like this:

41-22, +44.29 units, ytd..
5-9 - +83
15-16, +5.08 units

Can someone explain the units to me? Or how to calculate the units? I already made my pics, I just dont quite understand the units.

I know I know...Noob!! lol

Re: Explain the units please?

Units help take into account strength of the plays and the vig that's involved. For example if a play is for 2 units at odds of -120, they are risking 2.4 units to win 2 units. Hope this helps.

mofome

Banned

units are the amount of money risked, lost and won. units represent an indefinite so as to keep things mor relative b/w posters that wager 20$ a play and those that wager 10K a play. also used for privacy purposes.

if someone posts 1 unit on a -110 then they win 1.00 units if their selections is a winner, or lose 1.10 if their selection is a loser.
if the play is +180 and the risk is one unit, the win would garner +1.80 and i loss would deduct 1.00 units from their overall total.

any (-) figure is a favorite and any (+) figure is a dog, as im sure you know. when tracking each dog is played to win the number of units posted. the units assigned to each dog value is the risk amount, typically 1-3 units.

if you see 2 units on a +180 the risk is 2 units
if you see 2 units on a -140 the player is playing to win those 2 units. risk of 2.80 units.

maybe that helps.

mofome

Banned

units are the amount of money risked, lost and won. units represent an indefinite so as to keep things mor relative b/w posters that wager 20$ a play and those that wager 10K a play. also used for privacy purposes.

if someone posts 1 unit on a -110 then they win 1.00 units if their selections is a winner, or lose 1.10 if their selection is a loser.
if the play is +180 and the risk is one unit, the win would garner +1.80 and i loss would deduct 1.00 units from their overall total.

any (-) figure is a favorite and any (+) figure is a dog, as im sure you know. when tracking each fav is played to win the number of units posted. the units assigned to each dog value is the risk amount, typically 1-3 units.

if you see 2 units on a +180 the risk is 2 units
if you see 2 units on a -140 the player is playing to win those 2 units. risk of 2.80 units.

maybe that helps.

had to edit but im not allowed.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Mofome, that was VERY helpful!

Lets see if I got this right. These are the pics I made:

SEA (JEF Weaver) v BOS (J Beckett) Game Total OVER 9? -115
SEA (JEF Weaver) v BOS (J Beckett) Straight Up Winner BOS -210
DET (N Robertson) v BAL (J Wright) Straight Up Winner DET -135
CWS (J Garland) v OAK (C Gaudin) Straight Up Winner CWS -103
WAS (M Chico) v ATL (T Hudson) Spread Winner ATL -1? -120
CIN (K Lohse) v ARI (ED Gonzalez) Straight Up Winner ARI -125
WAS (M Chico) v ATL (T Hudson) Straight Up Winner ATL -240

If I did 1 unit on each, and I won all of them then my units would be +7 right? But I am risking 10.48 units to win those 7 units.

If I did 1 unit on each, and I won all of them then my units would be +7 right? But I am risking 10.48 units to win those 7 units.

Correct!

mofome

Banned

-play all favs and you're likely in trouble.
-if you wanted to track those at 1 unit each and went 7-0 you would be up 7 units.

your risks would be
2.40 units
1.25 units
1.20 units
1.03 units
1.35 units
2.10 units
1.15 units

your risk, overall, would be 10.48 units. yes. so 0-7 would net you a (-10.48) units if tracking at one unit a piece.

no problem bud.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

-play all favs and you're likely in trouble.
-if you wanted to track those at 1 unit each and went 7-0 you would be up 7 units.

your risks would be
2.40 units
1.25 units
1.20 units
1.03 units
1.35 units
2.10 units
1.15 units

your risk, overall, would be 10.48 units. yes. so 0-7 would net you a (-10.48) units if tracking at one unit a piece.

no problem bud.
Gotcha. thanks for your help with this.

ChalksR4Kids

EOG Enthusiast

A decent rule of thumb, but not a law, is that a unit should represent 1% of your bankroll. In other words, if your bank is $1000, then a unit is $10. You can go as high as 2%, but if you are new at this then 1% is plenty.