Droppy baseball picks thread

San Francisco Giants - San Diego Padres Under 7,5 @ 2,03 Pinnacle
Two great pitchers in pitcher friendly stadium - looks like under for me.
San Diego pitcher Jake Peavy had average season last year since he had shoulder issues. Now he's again healthy and we probably can wait for another great season form Peavy. In last 10 games against Giants Peavy had only 2,60 ERA.
Zito ir great pitcher too. This will be first game for Barry Zito as a Giants player. Zito signed seven-year $126 million contract in offseason. Zito went 16-10 with 3,83ERA last year.

Re: Droppy baseball picks thread

I will count yesterdays bet as 1unit play, since I forgot to wrote how much i will bet.

Season record:
1-0, +1,03
Sides: 0-0, +0,00
Totals: 1-0, +1,03

Thus far today only one play for me.
Texas Rangers - Los Angeles Angels Over 9,0 @ 1,85 3/10Units Pinnacle
Todays starters are Brandon McCarthy for Rangers and Ervin Santana for Angels. McCarthy who started only 12 games last two seasons went with 4.68ERA last season. He will face red hot Vladimir Guerrero today. His opponent Santana was some control issues in spring training and it will probably affect his performance today. He won 16 games last season, but his ERA was 4.28. Over was last 5 of 6 times when Santana was starting against Rangers.
In last 17meetings there where only 5unders while 12 games ended in over.

Season record: 1-1, -1,97
Sides: 0-0, +0,00
Totals: 1-1, -1,97

Todays games:
Kansas City Royals
@ 2,05 Pinnacle 3/10Units

Kansas City Royals - Detroit Tigers Under 9,5 @1,81 Pinnacle 6/10Units

Los Angeles Dodgers - San Francisco Giants Over 9,0 @2,05
Betway 3/10Units

Season record: 1-4, -13,97
Sides: 0-1, -3,00
Totals: 1-3, -10,97

Tough start of the season, but hey, it's just april and season is very, very long.

New York Mets - Philadelphia Phillies under8,5 @ 2,00 3/10Units
New York Mets - Philadelphia Phillies under4,5 (5innings) @ 1,89 5/10Units
Pinnacle

Two young pitchers, both with great season behind will meet today in New York. Mets pitcher Maine, who started 15 games last season and won 6 games while lost 5, started this season very well. He pitched 7innings allowed just 1hit and walked two. Last year his ERA was 3.60 and he got 9quality starts.
For Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels this is second season in MLB and he already shows some great stuff in his pitching. He started 23 games last season with 4.08 ERA and 13 quality starts. He was better from start to start and finished season with 9 wins while his ERA in last two months of the season was under 3.00.
Both pitchers has played very well against todays opponents.
Both bullpens are red hot so far in the season.

:baseball:

Adding one more play:

Baltimore Orioles - Detroit Tigers Over9,5 @ 1,97 7/10Units
Lets start with Orioles. Their bats in last games are very hot and they scored at least 6 runs in every series game against Yankees. Their bullpen isn't the best in the league at the moment and bullpens numbers are 5.00ERA and 1.56WHIP. Finally their todays starting pitcher isn't the best in the league either. Daniel Cabrera has career 6.55ERA in April and 6.43ERA against Tigers in four career starts against them. Last season he started in 26games and finished with 9wins and 4.74ERA.
Meanwhile Tigers bats are not so hot. Tigers are scoring 4runs per game and scored only 3.33 runs per game in their last series against Royals. But story isn't about Tigers hitters. Story is about pitchers. Tigers bullpen is even worse than Orioles bullpen. So far Tigers bullpen numbers are 6.61ERA and 1.78 WHIP. Their todays starting pitcher was originally meant to play as relief pitcher, but since Kenny Rogers is on Disable list, Chad Durbin moves in rotation. Lets face it, Durbin isn't even average pitcher in league and he started only 3games over last two seasons and pitched 6innings. His has career 6.14ERA. He is 1-3 with 6.20 ERA against Orioles in five career appearances.

:detroittigers

Season record: 1-7, -28,97
Sides: 0-1, -3,00
Totals: 1-6, -25,97

Took few days off after my awful start of season. I hope I will recover soon...

Like few dogs in early games...
Chicago White Soxs
@ 2,24 4/10Units
Rookie Danks was great in his first mayor league, showed some control and made just one mistake which cost him W.
Cincinnati Reds @ 2,26 4/10Units
Arroyo has some success against Cubs. Cubs 3rd baseman Ramirez still out with wrist injury.
GL! :cheers

Good Luck Droppy
Thanks, I'll need it...

Two more losses yesterday :hung But I won't give up...
Season record: 1-9, -36,97
Sides: 0-3, -11,00
Totals: 1-6, -25,97

Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians Under9,0 @ 1,87 5/10Units
Both pitchers already met in opening day and it was clear over then after Jose Contreras allowed 7runs in one-plus inning. however I don't see that coming today. Contreras played good in his second outing of the season. He allowed just 1run in six innings against A's. He was successful against Indians over last three seasons with 2.98ERA against them. He has 3.22ERA in April over last three years. Indians roster is career .236AVG against Contreras, including Travis Hafner with .160AVG in 25AB.
Sabathia is usually red hot in April in his career. He has 1.7ERA in April over last three seasons. He has career 3.68ERA against White Sox. He has some success against White Sox current hitters in his career. Jim Thome is 0 from 11 AB, but Konerko is .172AVG in 58AB against Sabathia.
Cold weather and wind won't help batters either.

Detroit Tigers @ 1,89 6/10Units Pinnacle
Blue Jays pitcher Josh Towers had horrible last season when he had 9.11ERA and 9losses in 12starts. His first start of the 2007. season wasn't outstanding either. He has career 6.59ERA in April.
On the other hand Tigers pitcher Nate Robertson had great last season and he started this one great as well.