Hey Mofome, I made it!

munson15

I want winners...
The stress test is over, and I wanted to say that I really appreciate your concern. I won't know the results until tomorrow, but the guy said if it's bad, "they'll be looking for you." So outside of sweating the outcome, I'm happy it's over.

Imagine your shirtless, flabby, middle-aged body :( on display (hopefully you're in better shape than I am) in front of these nurses (not ONE even cute enough for me to suck in my belly). You're stuck full of electrodes, they inject your arm w/ dye, put you in an X-ray device for 10 minutes, stick you w/ another needle to make sure you're hydrated, then push you like the fat slob that you are until your heartrate hits 145.

2-1/2 hours of my life that I'd like to have back, that's for sure. Anyway, I share your sentiments about talking baseball, especially w/ guys that clearly know what they're talking about. And it helps if their point of reference extends beyond the Steroids Era.

I grew up on the baseball of the 60's, saw Mantle at the end, but missed the Yankee dynasty. I still ask my dad sometimes, "what was it like to have your team in the World Series 14 out of 16 years?"

Thanks again Mofome, it made me feel good to see you asking about me, and I'll be sure to let you know what I find out tomorrow. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Hey Mofome, I made it!

I gotta admit Zero, when they snap that glove on and do their thing, it's not that bad!:smokesmal

munson15<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_602613", true); </SCRIPT> .....................just had one done a few months ago! it was pretty fucking brutal!

Good to know....i got a few years . But once 40 gotta get it all. Prostrate cancer , heart problems all run in the family or someone has them now. I'm joining the ymca.

they were worried that i wouldnt be able to walk the treadmill for the reqired amount of time!:whatever:

munson15

I want winners...

Madcapper, I had that coming! Just making light of a nasty situation.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Shawn, they told me that it didn't matter how long I was on it, as long as they could get my heartrate to 145 beats a minute. Took about 10 minutes at 3-1/2 mph at a 14 degree incline to get it, I'm proud to say.

munson15

I want winners...

All the other shit was the worst, the needles, sitting under that X-ray thing twice for 10 minutes at a time (before and after the test), the nurses looking at you like you're a pig.

munson15<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_602641", true); </SCRIPT> .............thats what i meant to get my heart rate up enough!

i was ok breathing wise...but when the incline started my legs were killing me!

munson15

I want winners...

Shawn, you get to feel like a hockey player at the end of a shift when you walk out of there, right?:+textinb3

All the other shit was the worst, the needles, sitting under that X-ray thing twice for 10 minutes at a time (before and after the test), the nurses looking at you like you're a pig.

yeah! i think i was under the machine fr 20 minutes before and after!

funny part was....im 32! there was another guy there getting the same test done,, he was my little league baseball coach!:doh1

mofome

Banned

The stress test is over, and I wanted to say that I really appreciate your concern. I won't know the results until tomorrow, but the guy said if it's bad, "they'll be looking for you." So outside of sweating the outcome, I'm happy it's over.

Imagine your shirtless, flabby, middle-aged body :( on display (hopefully you're in better shape than I am) in front of these nurses (not ONE even cute enough for me to suck in my belly). You're stuck full of electrodes, they inject your arm w/ dye, put you in an X-ray device for 10 minutes, stick you w/ another needle to make sure you're hydrated, then push you like the fat slob that you are until your heartrate hits 145.

2-1/2 hours of my life that I'd like to have back, that's for sure. Anyway, I share your sentiments about talking baseball, especially w/ guys that clearly know what they're talking about. And it helps if their point of reference extends beyond the Steroids Era.

I grew up on the baseball of the 60's, saw Mantle at the end, but missed the Yankee dynasty. I still ask my dad sometimes, "what was it like to have your team in the World Series 14 out of 16 years?"

Thanks again Mofome, it made me feel good to see you asking about me, and I'll be sure to let you know what I find out tomorrow. :cheers

Munson! good news my friend. im glad you took the time to update us.
:cheers

of course many here have genuine concern about things like that. we all like to joke and have a good time, but when it comes to someones health, its always of more importance than anything else. we come to eog to look for info and find winners, but i would obviously take and 0-10 day capping day tomorrow and some good news from your doc over 10-0 and anything less than a positive report from your tests today.

haha im still in decent shape so far, i hit the gym around 5am these days.

i also love to be able to talk about the game and reference the good old days where the ball was not so tight, the mounds were higher, the parks were bigger, pitchers finished their games and people ate hot dogs before the games instead of injecting steroids into their ass. baseball is an amazing game....one on one battles all day, your best against his best.

obviously lots of us will be waiting for your results and praying for the best. most importantly, you've got to take the results seriously and do your best to do as the docs recommend.

hopefully many many many more great baseball seasons ahead of us, bud.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Mofome, I'll be sure to post tomorrow, and I appreciate you asking.:cheersToday was a walk in the park compared to the ordeal of rupturing my achilles tendon in '99!:doh1

BTW, I don't think we should apologize for being helpful and concerned about our compatriots here. Part of the fun in this forum, is rooting for each other in gambling, and in life.

If you are cheering someone's bets on, doesn't it stand to reason that you'd wish them well healthwise also? I do feel good having you and others wish me well when going to the hospital. A few years ago, my dad failed the same test I took today, and he left the room on a gurney straight to the operating room.

Luckily, they fixed him up in time, but I knew I was fortunate to drive to work after my visit, so to turn on the computer and see EOG people asking, and sending good cheer felt nice.

We had a great chat last night re: the O's pitchers, and at the end you were just hoping I'd be around to pick up the conversation some other time. I think that's a good thing.

After tomorrow (when I'll hopefully know I'm OK), we'll talk only sports and bets and all that good stuff. But if you or someone else I've gotten to know in this small way we have here is hurting, I'm sending along my sincerest wishes because trust me, I felt better knowing that someone besides my family and close friends cared.

You're a good man!:cheers

mofome

Banned

Mofome, I'll be sure to post tomorrow, and I appreciate you asking.:cheersToday was a walk in the park compared to the ordeal of rupturing my achilles tendon in '99!:doh1

BTW, I don't think we should apologize for being helpful and concerned about our compatriots here. Part of the fun in this forum, is rooting for each other in gambling, and in life.

If you are cheering someone's bets on, doesn't it stand to reason that you'd wish them well healthwise also? I do feel good having you and others wish me well when going to the hospital. A few years ago, my dad failed the same test I took today, and he left the room on a gurney straight to the operating room.

Luckily, they fixed him up in time, but I knew I was fortunate to drive to work after my visit, so to turn on the computer and see EOG people asking, and sending good cheer felt nice.

We had a great chat last night re: the O's pitchers, and at the end you were just hoping I'd be around to pick up the conversation some other time. I think that's a good thing.

After tomorrow (when I'll hopefully know I'm OK), we'll talk only sports and bets and all that good stuff. But if you or someone else I've gotten to know in this small way we have here is hurting, I'm sending along my sincerest wishes because trust me, I felt better knowing that someone besides my family and close friends cared.

You're a good man!:cheers

good, you should know that there are people here that want to know how you are and people that wont be pleased if you dont take care of yourself. each new day, week, month, year, etc is the chance to improve ourselves in some way...the better we take care of ourselves and our friends, the more chance we have to see eachother fulfill our potential.

we will talk baseball and everything else all spring and summer, i look forward to it.
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Last edited:

Thurm,
No fun what so ever and would NEVER make light of any situation like that 4 sure no one really know what you are talking about unless they have been there!

Wish you all the best and we are "All" with you my friend!

munson15

I want winners...

Actually, everything around here shut down today due to 2 feet of snow, so I have to wait another day, I'll definitely post the result tomorrow.

You know, it's weird I was reading another thread where you were detailing your sleep problems. I'm also getting a sleep study done next week to see if apnea is affecting my sleep, which has been awful.

This also could put pressure on the heart, I think because you stop breathing so often during the night. You should look into that, maybe. My doctor's a dart-thrower, so I'm getting the full battery of tests.

I know I haven't slept well since we had our first child 8 years ago. And my wife did 90% of the feedings!

I will get back to you tomorrow, thanks for asking. I would never bore you w/ all the details:+yawning- yesterday and leave you hanging. I'm optimistic, and I'll take it as a good sign that no one sent an ambulance for me today.

mofome

Banned

I AM a little slow, aren't I?:+textinb3 :+textinb3

uh oh, the results must not be good. munson isnt talking. we will have to use eogs own form of torture to get you to talk.
someone give ID his phone #

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks 105, you guys are very good people to be concerned about a guy you've never met. I'm starting to think I should go to the next convention.:cheers

mofome

Banned

Actually, everything around here shut down today due to 2 feet of snow, so I have to wait another day, I'll definitely post the result tomorrow.

You know, it's weird I was reading another thread where you were detailing your sleep problems. I'm also getting a sleep study done next week to see if apnea is affecting my sleep, which has been awful.

This also could put pressure on the heart, I think because you stop breathing so often during the night. You should look into that, maybe. My doctor's a dart-thrower, so I'm getting the full battery of tests.

I know I haven't slept well since we had our first child 8 years ago. And my wife did 90% of the feedings!

I will get back to you tomorrow, thanks for asking. I would never bore you w/ all the details:+yawning- yesterday and leave you hanging. I'm optimistic, and I'll take it as a good sign that no one sent an ambulance for me today.

haha thats a good deal

yeah i dont know what to do about getting some sleep, the seroquel has helped, but im gonna run out soon and its not gonna be able to get more without insurance for the time being.

:doh1

but, all in all, things are good. if sleep is my biggest problem, life is pretty good.

munson15

I want winners...

I know better than to hide any info from you Mofome!:+textinb3ID is your muscle?

mofome

Banned

I know better than to hide any info from you Mofome!:+textinb3ID is your muscle?

no, ID is just the most annoying thing to ever exist. so i figure you will fork over the info instead of having me give ID your phone # or address. I cant imagine what would be worse:
1) someone removing your arms from your body
2) Someone knocks on your door...you go answer it and hear, 'munson, hello sir, how are you sir'

munson15

I want winners...

If I chose option 1, I could have my wife feed me and bathe me, which wouldn't be too bad.....