Friendly Fire a history

andrew748

Banned
Friendly fire is fire which was intended to do harm to the enemy;

http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=e06da463d7<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=e06da463d7" height="370" width="450">

</object>

this has the UK in a bit of a mess at the moment.

but it makes me proud to say that friendly fire looks like a British invention :houra:+excited-:rolleyes:

Incidents and persons

Friendly fire in the U.S. military

The Pentagon estimates of U.S. friendly fire deaths, with percentage of total US deaths:In addition to the above, due to the number of UK personnel having been killed by U.S. forces, in Britain the term 'friendly fire' is used in a semi-ironic way to imply perceived U.S. Military incompetence

In Iraq, many friendly Iraqis have also been killed and injured in a similar manner, but the US military has stated that it collects no statistics on these outcomes.

all from Friendly fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and your going to send another 30,000 troops there :smokesmal

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Friendly Fire a history

I am Positive that No Brits have ever killed anyone with Friendly fire either huh

andrew748

Banned

it's not a dig on a personal level

i'm finding it quite amusing that stonewall jackson was a victim of friendly fire.

and quite shocking that there were 8,000 blue on blue casualties in the vietnam war.

dirty

EOG Master

My grandfather told me in WWII that they had to kill soldiers in foxholes and trenches that were freaking out. They were going to give away there positions... He said the hardest thing he ever had to do was kill his best friend.... but it was part of survival...

He was in a Turkish Prison camp for 9 years.... and no one knew how decorated he was until he died and the Army sent a guy to the funeral with a framed replacement of his Medals that he lost in a fire in the 50's, He had 4 purple hears, Some gold stars, Bronze stars...hell I can't remember them all... He had 23 in all.... My uncle has it hanging on his wall now..

andrew748

Banned

i meant no disrespect to any serving soldier or veteran or their families.

it's more a dig at the politicians and war mongers and as you can see i went and had a bit of a research into the subject.

if you watched the video you can hear the remorse in the pilots voices.

we were prone to shooting our own solders for cowardice in WW1, this has now been diagnosed as shell shock and lots of pardons have been handed out which must be reassuring 90 years later.

dirty

EOG Master

didn't take it that way at all bud....some Friendly fire deaths are a must tho