Kenny Mayne

Salo

EOG Dedicated
Before agreeing to a new deal with ESPN, Kenny Mayne had talks with Comedy Central about doing a sports-themed Daily Show-style program and was a finalist to be the host of the syndicated version of Deal or No Deal. Mayne confirmed the discussions. For Deal or No Deal, Mayne would not have been guaranteed the job. Instead, he would have had to try out. "The only stage it got to was debating would it be worth it to risk leaving a sure thing for a one-in-five chance,'' Mayne said. Mayne, 47, declined to discuss in detail the Comedy Central talks. On ESPN, Mayne will return to SportsCenter for the first time since 2004, doing about one per week. He will continue to do his funny "Mayne Event'' features. His horse-racing duties will be cut from 23 events last year to between three and eight this year, he said.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
Re: Kenny Mayne

He will continue to do his funny "Mayne Event'' features. .

Im sorry did I miss something? When did he start doing anything that was remotely funny. This guy sucks, I wish he went to Comedy Central so he could end up falling on his face like Craig Kilborn. When will ESPN go back to its roots and show sports highlights without egomaniacs.

ESPN News is so much better.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

We all owe espn great thanks. They can do what they want. Before espn you got five minutes of sports on the local news. They have changed the sports landscape and are Hall of Fame in my book.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Agreed frank, and you and I can remember the days of watching Australian Rules Football on ESPN and those damn UGLY Century 21 blazers they used to wear during Sportscenter. But back in those days, they gave us sports scores, highlights and interviews. Now we get all these little pieces here and there, etc. They need to go back to scores, highlights and interviews, thats why I prefer ESPN News.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Im sorry did I miss something? When did he start doing anything that was remotely funny. This guy sucks, I wish he went to Comedy Central so he could end up falling on his face like Craig Kilborn. When will ESPN go back to its roots and show sports highlights without egomaniacs.

ESPN News is so much better.

How do you consider Craig Kilborn as falling on his face? He did the Daily Show for 3 years. He hosted the Late Late Show for 5 years, he was in two funny as heck movies in Old School and Benchwarmers. Are you saying being a Sportscenter anchor is better than hosting your own national talk show on CBS?

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Kilborn was hilarious on the Late Late Show, I wish he didn't demand so much money and was still doing it.
"I'm proud of you Craig"

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

How do you consider Craig Kilborn as falling on his face? He did the Daily Show for 3 years. He hosted the Late Late Show for 5 years, he was in two funny as heck movies in Old School and Benchwarmers. Are you saying being a Sportscenter anchor is better than hosting your own national talk show on CBS?

And what is he doing now? Grred and ego took over and cost him. I never watched the Late Late show so I can honestly say I have no idea if he was any good at it. But he seems to have gone away, much like I wish Mayne does.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I don't get why everybody and everything on ESPN has to be funny.....anybody? Boooooooooooo - yah!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

a good friend used to work there and one day there was a race at Fontana that he - and Mayne - and others - were there to cover

friend invites me to lunch with the crew and Mayne. got to meet him and he is a GREAT guy - very dry and sharp with a warped sense of humor

GREAT GUY

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Man, i'm still laughing at that booooooooooooo-yah! shit. Worth a steep cover charge.
I'm just playing with ya Frank.....no mercer around makes for a boring EOG! He went over the edge but at least he cared.....something you cannot say about the Republicans and their Party!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I think Kenny Mayne is extremely funny, and a good addition at ESPN, im glad he is staying...

I'm not sure i ever saw anything funnier than the bit they did a couple years back, when he comes on and says he is busy and they will have his 2 daughters interview Michael Strahan........these 2 little cutesie girls are acting all sweet then the one starts hitting him with the tough questions, Strahan about loses it, laughing, then he asks where she got the question, and the girl says "Listen, i dont write the questions, i just ask them, answer it Homey"....

I about fell off the couch....:+music1-6