NBA News/NBA Player News Tuesday 1/3/06

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Once again, much of this is Fantasy Basketball News

However, it is great info/capping material which keeps you in the know......

Bosh back in action!
Busy night of games on Tuesday, busy day of news on Wednesday. Let's dive right in.

Atlanta Hawks

Today's AJC revealed that Joe Johnson is not only bothered by a calf injury, but also has turf toe. That probably explains why he's looked so sluggish to me lately. Then again, I'd probably be moving in slow motion if I had just been embarrassed in seven straight games with no hope in sight. The Hawks look like they have no chance to win a game without my man Josh Smith. Does that mean he should be an MVP candidate? Of course not, but fantasy teams who lost Smoove has seen their team's numbers take a nose dive, especially in the block and steal cats. Ty Lue is still day-to-day with his groin injury.

Chicago Bulls

Ben Gordon scored a career-high 41 last night, but Leandro Barbosa hit a three over his outstretched arm to ruin his night and steal a win from the Bulls. Just give Gordon the Sixth-Man award now. Kirk Hinrich was out again with his groin injury, so Thabo Sefolosha got a start in his place. I like him, but he shouldn't have fantasy value this season.

Cleveland Cavaliers

LeBron James had 19 points, five boards and five assists last night, or, the same line that Larry Hughes had. This is not what fantasy owners took LeBron for. It's hard to argue with his solid fantasy value, but he certainly is not blowing anyone's socks off, just like Shawn Marion. Gilbert Arenas looks like the more dominant fantasy player, along with Kobe Bryant and even Steve Nash. Hopefully, LJ and Marion get it going soon. Donyell Marshall left last night's game with a neck contusion and is day-to-day.

Dallas Mavericks

Dirk Nowitzki scored 31 points last night, his first 30-point games since Nov. 24. He also had 15 boards and a three on 10-of-18 shooting, but didn't record a steal or an assist. Dirk has nearly become second fiddle to Josh Howard over the last few weeks, but don't expect that trend to continue. And in case you're wondering, yes, it is time to sell high on Howard before he tweaks something.

Denver Nuggets

Nene had his right knee drained yesterday, which is surprising since the Nuggets trainer was recently going on about how wonderful Nene was feeling and that he hasn't been this good all year. So much for that idea. He could miss several more games with his knee problems, but then again, he could also play on Friday. It may be another month before Nene will actually be reliable enough to stick in your lineup.

Allen Iverson was ejected last night for arguing and was probably embarrassed about getting beat at home by his new nemesis and former team, the Sixers. Don't look now, but the Nuggets are just 2-4 since AI arrived on the scene. Rookie Yakhouba Diawara exploded for career highs in points (23) and threes (5) in the loss. I thought about picking him up for a sec, but with J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony just over the horizon, I decided it wasn't worth my energy.

Marcus Camby had eight points, 16 boards, two steals and seven blocks last night. Owners have two choices. Take a numbers hit and sell high while he's still standing, or just leave him in your lineup the rest of the way and hope for the best. Julius Hodge finally played for the first time since being shot in April, but didn't score.

Detroit Pistons

Rasheed Wallace has hit just 10-of-35 shots in his last three games, but it's unclear just what his problem is. It could be his ankles, the flu or something else, but he's struggling. The Pistons need him to step up without Chauncey Billups around.

Golden St. Warriors

All is quiet on the Monta Ellis front, but Matt Barnes doesn't mind. He had another huge night with 29 points, 11 boards, five threes and five steals. He used to be a terrible 3-point shooter, but that's no longer the case. If you can somehow still get him, do it. Baron Davis played all 48 minutes last night, which has to be a concern for his owners. I've said it before, but with his injury history, high minutes and the Warriors poor schedule, get out while you can. I own him in a couple leagues and have started throwing trade offers around, but because those people all read my column, I'm going to have to live with the Diddy the rest of the way. If he stays healthy, it won't hurt at all.

Andris Biedrins had just five points, six boards and no blocks last night, as he and Troy Murphy split minutes. Yes, Biedrins owners should be concerned, but it's too early to panic. We've seen Biedrins do this a couple times already this season, but he's bounced back strong each time.

Houston Rockets

Bonzi Well will likely miss another week with his back injury. He could still have some value as long as Yao Ming is out, but he'll have to get himself reinserted into JVG's rotation after missing (at least) two weeks.

Indiana Pacers

Al Harrington threw some seemingly harmless darts at coach Rick Carlisle, but they had some serious ammo behind them and I'm guessing the entire team and city of Indy feels the same way. Here's what he said: "I think that's just not Rick's style," Harrington said of a proposed run-and-gun philosophy that never really materialized. "A coach isn't going to go to something he's not comfortable with, so that's why we scaled it down and that's why he's calling plays every time down." When asked if that was disappointing, Harrington said "A little bit. We feel if we were looser, it would be a lot more fun and we could win that way."

Here's what he meant: Rick's too conservative for today's game. He's cramping our style and limiting our freedom by controlling every play on every possession, much like Mike Fratello was doing in Memphis. We're playing scared, conservative and tight, and none of us are having any fun. If we could play more like Tony Barone's new Memphis team, where we just run, play ball and have fun, we would be a happier bunch and we'd also be winning more games.

The question is, can Larry Bird bring himself to part with his good friend?

L.A. Clippers

Corey Maggette left last night's game with a tweaked ankle, but wasn't out long and had 20 points in another loss for the Clippers.

L.A. Lakers

Phil Jackson said yesterday that Andrew Bynum will start in the absence of Kwame Brown, who could be out for a month with his ankle injury. Ronny Turiaf will also get a lot of minutes for Jackson.

Miami Heat

Dwyane Wade doesn't sound likely to play tonight, according to the Miami Herald, so bench him in daily leagues if you have another option. Alonzo Mourning is being cut right now based on his pathetic play of late, along with the news that Shaq will be back in 12 days and counting. I still think Zo has value. He's in a slump, but will be better than this, and just because Shaq's returning to action, doesn't mean he's going to play like Shaq or get minutes like the Shaq we're used to. This is an old, huge, 350-pound guy we're talking about having knee surgery. I look for a slow road to recovery from Shaq, so I'm not sure I'm giving up on Zo just yet.

NOK Hornets

The Hornets put up a good fight against the Warriors last night, getting big games from Jannero Pargo (24 and eight assists) and Rasual Butler (30 points, great all-around line). Marc Jackson was serviceable, while Devin Brown took plenty of shots, but hit just 1-of-10 shots on the night. Again, someone has to score for the Hornets.

New Jersey Nets

Jason Collins missed practice yesterday with a sore back and Uncle Cliff Robinson is set to return to action for the Nets. I see Cliffy having solid value for the Nets defensive efforts, but not fantasy owners.

New York Knicks

Jared Jeffries was 0-of-2 for 1 point and three turnovers last night. I was on NBA TV last night and argued that Jeffries should be coming off the bench with David Lee starting. I was told by Mike Yam that Lee is a better role player and should continue to come off the bench. Huh? I'm sorry, but Jeffries is the role player, known for scoring his 10 points a night and playing help defense and not causing any problems on offense. Lee looks like a man out there and runs the floor. I'm pretty sure Yam, Jeffries' mom and Isiah Thomas are the only three people in the free world who think it makes sense to start Jeffries over Lee. Actually, it's just my opinion and Yam could be 100% right, but if Lee isn't starting in the next 10 days, Isiah is going to have a whole new set of problems on his hands. I see owner James Dolan moving in to help Isiah see the light and stop the madness. We'll see what happens. Oh, by the way, Lee had 16 points and 15 rebounds last night.

Quentin Richardson is doubtful tonight, but hopes to return from a back injury on Friday. I'm not holding my breath, as he reportedly still has a "stiff" back according to the Knicks' team doctor. But she says he might be a go for Friday. That's going to be awesome when Q replaces JJ in the starting five, leaving Lee on the bench. Not.

Stephon Marbury and Jamal Crawford were both solid last night, and are both startable for fantasy owners right now.

Orlando Magic

Grant Hill should play through his foot injury on Friday. It's hard to believe, but he's only missed two games this year due to a specific injury. The rest were for personal and precautionary reasons. Jameer Nelson said he was fired up about the return of the leather ball and then had a season-high 29 points last night. Oh, so that's what the problem was. I'm not jumping back on the bandwagon just yet, but maybe the return of the rawhide will finally get him going.

Philadelphia 76ers

The Sixers somehow beat the Nuggets last night, with Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala having decent nights, while Kyle Korver suddenly looks like a new player. He had 25 points (on my bench) and has been rolling over the past week.

Phoenix Suns

Boris Diaw struggled again last night and is reportedly still sick. Leandro Barbosa (in my lineup) had 20 points and two threes, including the game-winner over Ben Gordon last night. Amare was big, as usual, while the rest of the Suns just plugged along. They visit the Raptors tonight for the return of Chris Bosh.

Portland Trailblazers

Jarrett Jack possibly has bronchitis, but was given an endorsement from coach Nate McMillan yesterday. Sergio Gonzalez will go back to low minutes, while Jack should remain entrenched in the starting lineup. He's also vowing to play much better tonight against the Knicks, which would be nice for a change. His last three games have been dreadful. Zach Randolph was supposedly hobbled by knee soreness in his last game, which may help explain the nine points and 10 boards, but I'm guessing he's just fine. My lingering wrist injury seems to come up more often when my scores aren't so great at the golf course, too.

Sacramento Kings

Ron Artest exploded for 39 points, five steals, three 3-pointers and eight rebounds, and shot lights out in last night's win over the Knicks. His shot has been terrible all year, but he somehow hit 15-of-22 or them in this one. It's amazing that he can still get up for the Knicks after eight years. They passed on him in that draft for a guy you've never heard of named Fred Weis. Yeah, I guess I'd still be mad too. Ron-Ron played just 12 minutes in his previous game and failed to score, so I'm just hoping you sucked it up and played him this week. Kevin Martin was mysteriously absent for the final 18 minutes last night, but played well before leaving. No word this morning as to what the problem was.

Speaking of Weis, he's also the dude Vince Carter dunked over in Sydney in 2000. It's worth YouTubing, even if it's just to see Vince with hair back in the day.

Seattle Sonics

Chris Wilcox was terrible again last night after playing well for a couple games. His head will probably not be right until Bob Hill is finally canned. Earl Watson outplayed Damien Wilkins last night, but that doesn't mean one of these guys actually has more value than the other. It's tough to say who will be fired first between Mike Woodson and Hill, but my money's on Hill, as the Sonics have lost nine straight on the road. Of course, the Hawks have lost seven straight games, so it's going to come down to the wire.

Toronto Raptors

T.J. Ford is a game-time decision with an ankle injury, Jorge Garbajosa is likely out (extremely doubtful) with a calf injury, and Chris Bosh is expected back tonight against the Suns after being shut down for several games with a knee injury.

Washington Wizards

Caron Butler is mad at the Bucks for over-celebrating last Saturday's win in near his hometown (Racine, WI) and is hoping to extract some revenge on them tonight in Washington. Butler was embarrassed in front of friends and family, and the guy spent a lot of his youth in jail (as has been well documented on Oprah's show) and may know something about retaliation. Look for him to go off tonight.

Brendan Haywood is questionable with an ankle sprain, while Gilbert Arenas is going to be in the starting lineup despite a shoulder injury.

Hache Man

Re: NBA Plays Tuesday 1/3/06

Injury Bug Stings Hornets
New Orleans/Oklahoma

Skinny: Apparently it's not bad enough that just six of the team's 41 "home games" are actually in New Orleans and not 700 miles away, but the Hornets have also been nailed by injuries worse than any other NBA team. This is a club that showed tremendous promise, jumping out to an 8-3 start before its starters began dropping like flies. The health crisis, including the loss of four of their top players, has spun the Hornets into a 4-16 slide, plummeting them to 12-19, the worst record in the West other than Memphis, four games out the final playoff spot and in grave danger of missing the postseason for a third straight year.

Strengths: Rebounding, especially on the offensive boards, thanks to Tyson Chandler, fifth in the association with over 11 RPG. The defense has generally been good enough to keep the team in most games.

Weaknesses: Offense. Without David West, Peja Stojakovic, Bobby Jackson and now Chris Paul, the Hornets are floundering offensively. They rank dead last in PPG (90.2), FG percentage (43.21), FT percentage (69.43), FTs made per game (17) and are even tied for last in assists per game (17.1) despite Paul being tied for third in the NBA with 9.0 APG. The club is going long stretches in games without scoring (Tuesday there was a four and a half minute sequence without a bucket and they managed just one FG over the final 4:59 of the third quarter). The transition game is killing them (they were outscored 26-2 on fast break points by the Warriors Tuesday) and when they turn the ball over 17 times or more (as they did in Tuesday's loss), they don't have enough firepower to overcome it, going 1-11 in such instances.

Lineup

PG: Jannero Pargo had been struggling in place of the injured Paul, but he snapped out of it last night with 24 points (9-of-16) with eight assists, three rebounds, three 3-pointers and two steals. Paul's sprained ankle will keep him out until at late-January at least, so Pargo will enjoy a nice run.

SG: Rasual Butler has been forced into the lineup while Desmond Mason handles the SF spot vacated by the injured Stojakovic. After a 30-point showing Tuesday, Butler has now registered at least a dozen points in four straight games, nailing nine 3-pointers over this stretch. He's also helping in rebounding and blocks, averaging 5.6 boards and 1.6 rejections over the past five.

SF: Mason has taken over for Stojakovic, who underwent back surgery that will knock him out most of the season. Mason hasn't really taken advantage of the opportunities to score more than usual, but he does help out in other areas, pulling down nine boards while dishing four dimes on Tuesday. Of concern, however, are his recent turnovers, with nine in the past two games.

PF: With West having to undergo elbow surgery that will sideline him until possibly Valentine's Day, there's been a revolving door of power forwards, most recently Marc Jackson. He's been pitching in offensively, with three straight double-digit scoring games and 14 boards in the past two, while racking up four assists last night, but he's also having problems coughing the ball up with six turnovers in the past two games.

C: Chandler has been a virtual constant at center, missing just two games this season. He's never been much of an offensive threat, so it's all about the rebounding for Chandler. He had actually been in a bit of a rebounding slump, so it was good to see him haul down 15 last night for his finest game since before Christmas. Chandler also had a pair of blocks and a steal on Tuesday.

Bench: SG Devin Brown, cut by the Warriors just before training camp, was signed less than two weeks ago to add a spark off the bench, missing since Bobby Jackson suffered a cracked rib last month. Brown had been getting the job done until last night. Seeking revenge against the team that ditched him, Brown threw up a stinker, going 1-for-10 and missing all three 3-pointers he attempted. Beyond this, however, he's supplied some great numbers, making him a nice short-term pickup in the absence of Jackson. Former Huskie big man Hilton Armstrong is barely getting off the bench these days; fellow rookie big man Cedric Simmons has seen time at both the four and five and was playing significant minutes until last night when Coach Scott shortened the bench again; since the Christmas break, forward Brandon Bass is getting just garbage time if he plays at all; forward Linton Johnson, who came over last year from the Nets in the Bostjan Nachbar deal, has had his chances, but seems to be in Coach Scott's doghouse as he hasn't gotten off the bench since before Christmas; rookie Marcus Vinicius should probably be in the D-League, but the team is desperate for bodies because of all the injuries.

Washington

The Wizards, firing away offensively lately at a rate that harkens back to the Bullets they once were, had a five-game winning streak snapped on Saturday.

Gilbert Arenas continues to play heavy minutes, cutting into the PT of Antonio Daniels off the bench. The Bucks managed to slow him down (19 points) courtesy of a collision with Ruben Patterson Saturday. These two teams are back at it tonight and Arenas is expected to be back at it.

Daniels has been in a horrible slump lately, but he did manage eight points, six assists and a steal Saturday, so perhaps he's shaking out of it. Watch for his minutes to creep back up this week, and rise quite a bit if Arenas is knocked out for any length of time. Either way, you know the pumpkin is in good hands with Daniels, as he leads the NBA with an assist-to-turnover ratio of better than 4 to 1.

Caron Butler got a bit of rest Friday, playing "just" 34 minutes as he had trouble handling the ball (six turnovers), but the PT he's been seeing of late has been off the charts. His shooting has been lights out. You have to go back to December 21 to find the last time Butler shot under 50 percent for a game, and even then, his 9-for-20 performance was hardly an off game. In the past five, he's 51-for-81 (56 percent), including 4-for-6 from beyond the arc. Just blazing.

Antawn Jamison has also been carrying a heavy load, so when Washington got blown out by the Bucks Saturday, the team gave him a bit of rest (believe it or not, 36 minutes is a rest for this guy). The former Tar Heel great is averaging 20 points with over 10 rebounds over the past five. I guess that will do.

At center, the Wizards have been struggling for live bodies. Etan Thomas has been out over three weeks with an ankle sprain, and now his replacement, Brendan Haywood, has an ankle sprain of his own. Haywood's injury isn't nearly as bad as Thomas', however. He missed Saturday's game, but is expected to be good to go Wednesday. Jarvis Hayes got the start at center on Saturday, his first starting assignment of the year and a surprise considering how undersized he is (6'8"). You would have expected back-up center Calvin Booth to get the nod, but he did get plenty of extra minutes off the bench. At any rate, Thomas is expected back next week and Haywood, although he's a game-time decision for tonight, should be fine as well, giving the Wizards back their two-headed beast, a pair that, as is well documented, gets along so well.

Fast Breaks

Memphis backcourt: It's a new game in town as players scramble to see where they fit into interim coach Tony Barone's rotation. Eddie Jones looks like a winner here, seeing an uptick in minutes before shifting into the starting five for Dahntay Jones. It hasn't translated into production yet for Eddie, but who knows? Once upon a time he was a player. Despite his own offensive struggles, D-Jones was shifted back into the starting five on Sunday, with Eddie sliding over to SF and Mike Miller heading to the bench. Apparently nailing seven treys on Saturday wasn't good enough for Miller to keep his starting gig. Obviously, Barone wants more production from the second unit. So what did Miller do? Oh, nail another seven 3-pointers on Sunday off the bench.

Milwaukee frontcourt: The Bucks are on a serious roll with seven wins in eight games, so Coach Stotts has no plans to shift things up. That means PF Brian Skinner will continue to start. Skinner is one of the few Bucks capable of throwing up blocks (five straight games with at least one) and he did manage 12 points, eight boards and an assist on Saturday, but he's no one's idea of a useful fantasy player. He does, however, bring the size to the lineup that Milwaukee needs. Michael Redd has been starting at SF with Charlie Bell handling the two-guard so that means both Ruben Patterson and Charlie Villanueva are coming off the bench. Charlie V has had a tough time adjusting to not only a new team, but injuries and now having to come off the bench. A scoreless effort on Saturday in which he played just three minutes proves he has a way to go. Patterson, on the other hand, hasn't lost any steam shifting to the bench. In the last three games, he's averaged 19 points, almost eight boards and over four assists, all the while continuing to knock down shots at a fantastic clip (64.4 percent over the past four games).

Detroit backcourt: Chauncey Billups was forced to play 51 minutes on Wednesday in the triple-OT marathon against the Knicks and that was sandwiched between games of 39 and 40 minutes. Now he's got a strained right calf and missed Sunday's game. We'll know more once the MRI results come out this morning, but the original diagnosis is 10 to 14 days, even though he believes he'll be back Saturday. In his stead, forgotten man Flip Murray suddenly has value. Murray hadn't played significant minutes all week and now's found himself flung into the starting role. He continued his recent struggles in the opening half on Sunday, but turned it on in the second half and wound up with 18 points, seven assists and four boards. If Billups is out long-term, Murray looks like a nice pickup. While Flip is picking up steam, Rip continues to rock. He's had to play seriously heavy minutes of late, but he's racking up the points. Finally, we must give a nod to Hamilton's backup, Carlos Delfino. He's sliding onto the radar with significant minutes of late and absolutely wowed me on Sunday against the Suns. This guy has some serious talent and we finally got a chance to see some of it this week as he's averaged 12 points and almost six boards over the past three, while adding an assist per game for the last two and a steal on Sunday. How about that shooting? At 14 for his last 23, Delfino has been on the mark in the last three games. He has recently surged ahead of Murray in the bench pecking order, so it will be interesting to see what happens once Billups returns. What's interesting regardless is having Piston reserves worth talking about for once.

Charlotte SF: With Gerald Wallace out for at least a week thanks to a shoulder separation suffered Saturday, Derek Anderson has shifted back into the starting lineup. Anderson has picked up his offense a tad of late, but really doesn't offer anything at this point in his career, except the occasional 3-ball and some solid FT shooting (he's a perfect 18-for-18 for the season). Sean May stands to gain the most from Wallace's absence. May, having just returned from an ankle sprain, is starting to play significant minutes and will provide great help in rebounding and FG percentage. How about the five assists he chalked up on Monday? The ex-Heel can drop a dime, apparently.

LA Clippers C: I've gotten a ton of e-mail this year asking whether Chris Kaman will ever show the form he did last season. Well, he's still not quite playing at last year's clip, but he's getting closer, having shorn his oh-so-charming hair recently. Kaman is starting to play heavier minutes, and he's responded with 10.6 points, over eight rebounds, over two blocks, 1.6 assists and almost a steal per game over the past five. His primary backup, Aaron Williams, has also seen extra PT this week as the Clippers have looked to go big. Williams has played 30 combined minutes over the past two games, but really doesn't get enough touches to be of any use. The extra big man minutes are coming at the expense of Daniel Ewing, Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas.

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Chris Bosh to play Wednesday </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Chris Bosh - F/C - TOR - Jan. 3 - 11:34 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Chris Bosh had no setbacks at Monday's practice and will play Wednesday night after missing the last 12 games with a bone bruise on his knee.
It may take Bosh a few games to get up to full speed, but he should be good to go for next week. He said recently he was going to wait until Friday to come back, but with Jorge Garbajosa going down and Bosh feeling better, tonight makes more sense. Jan. 3 - 11:34 a.m. ET
Source: Toronto Star
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Dwyane Wade could miss next two games </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Dwyane Wade - G - MIA - Jan. 3 - 1:59 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Dwyane Wade tried to shoot on Tuesday, but couldn't due to his wrist injury, and is now in serious jeopardy of missing at least two more games.
"I tried to shoot a little (Tuesday) but there was discomfort so I stopped right away," he said. "I've got some soreness in my wrist, so it's not time," he continued. This leads us to believe there's almost no chance of him playing on Wednesday night, and puts Friday's game in serious doubt. Hopefully you played it safe and benched him this week.Jan. 3 - 1:59 p.m. ET
Source: Palm Beach Post

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Gilbert Arenas to start on Wednesday </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Gilbert Arenas - G - WAS - Jan. 3 - 11:09 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Gilbert Arenas is expected to start on Wednesday despite a shoulder injury.
He was able to practice on Tuesday and the Wizards are looking to extract some revenge on the Bucks tonight. The Wizards thought the Bucks celebrated too much after last Saturday's win, so look for Arenas and Caron Butler to have big nights.Jan. 3 - 11:09 a.m. ET
Source: Washington Post

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Grant Hill hoping to play Friday </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Grant Hill - G/F - ORL - Jan. 3 - 11:05 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Grant Hill is expected back for Friday's game against Charlotte.
He's missed several games this season for precautionary and personal reasons, but just two for a specific injury. Fantasy owners can expect that number to start climbing upward as Hill deals with foot and knee problems, and whatever other ailments may be headed his way soon.Jan. 3 - 11:05 a.m. ET
Source: Orlando Sentinal

Hache Man

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Antoine Walker - F - Heat </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Antoine Walker and James Posey were deactivated for Wednesday's game because they didn't meet a team conditioning goal.</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>"There's been an ongoing conditioning goal that our team has had to make since the summer. ... January was the deadline, they haven't made it, and they knew this was going to happen if they didn't make it," coach Pat Riley said on the day he announced he's taking a leave of absence. "By the way, both of them are in the best condition of their lives. They're very close. But a deadline is a deadline." Riley said both Walker and Posey could play Friday, but that they'd face a suspension if the undisclosed goal isn't met by Jan. 15.
Jan. 3 - 4:53 p.m. ET</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> T.J. Ford - G - Raptors </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Raptors point guard T.J. Ford will be a game-time decision on Wednesday with his sprained ankle.</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>Ford participated in part of yesterday's practice, but was not exactly going at full speed. He'll give it a go in this morning's shootaround and we probably won't know until game time whether he's playing or not.
Jan. 3 - 11:28 a.m. ET</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>Source: Toronto Star</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Brendan Haywood - C - Wizards </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Brendan Haywood will be a game-time decision on Wednesday.</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>He's been out with a sprained ankle.
Jan. 3 - 11:23 a.m. ET</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>Source: Washington Post</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WeissGuy

EOG Senior Member

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td> Antoine Walker - F - Heat </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td class="bodyCopy">Antoine Walker and James Posey were deactivated for Wednesday's game because they didn't meet a team conditioning goal.</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td class="vaLink">"There's been an ongoing conditioning goal that our team has had to make since the summer. ... January was the deadline, they haven't made it, and they knew this was going to happen if they didn't make it," coach Pat Riley said on the day he announced he's taking a leave of absence. "By the way, both of them are in the best condition of their lives. They're very close. But a deadline is a deadline." Riley said both Walker and Posey could play Friday, but that they'd face a suspension if the undisclosed goal isn't met by Jan. 15.
Jan. 3 - 4:53 p.m. ET</td></tr></tbody></table>

wow