That may be the most absurd loss of my life

mofome

Banned
4th and 18 from the 40 up by 7 with 26 seconds left.

then 4th and 2 when the play before the guy fumbles but his knee 'may' have been down

wow

:hung

Re: That may be the most absurd loss of my life

His knee was clearly down in the replay. Boise State deserved the win. Sorry you lost but that is gambling.

if that's a bad beat, i hate to see how you react on REALLY bad beats. i had a bad beat on not winning boise 2nd half cuz they went for 2!!!! :(

he was down. It sucks being confident the entire game that you can come back and get the cover and just when it looks like it's time to give up, you get a gift cover...and then something crazy happens. And then OT and you've got the ball first and score easily and then get them in fourth down and more craziness.

The best team doesn't always win, but Boise did the things they needed to do at the end with crazy sharp trick plays and it paid off.

Their quarterback though, was pretty cocky and arrogant and he finally made a mistake that should have cost them. He's a lucky guy.

Man what a game! What a game!

Anyone remembers 4 and 28 Packers Eagles game.

That was hard a bitch.

coco hope youve been well. nice to see you around. happy new year.

roach23

Banned

Even though I lost all of my winnings today and then some on Oklahoma...that game was fucking awesome in the 2H. Those are the games i love to gamble on...when its in doubt that i'll win my bet and i'm sitting on the edge my seat sweating it out.

If i'm gonna lose money on i football game, i wanna lose it on a hook and ladder play from now on. that was nasty.

I never sweated it...

<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=top noWrap>95278589-6
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>7:01am
1-Jan-07</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>1-Jan-07</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Football
Money</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Boise State vs Oklahoma for Game</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+227</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>5,000.00</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> 11,350.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I never sweated it...

<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=top noWrap>95278589-6

</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>7:01am
1-Jan-07
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>1-Jan-07</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Football
Money
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Boise State vs Oklahoma for Game</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+227</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>5,000.00</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>11,350.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Way to go SHRINK! That's a Happy New Year right there! Did you hedge it somehow during the game, though? How did your other plays go today?

However,

This bet I made earlier was clearly right....

<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=top noWrap>91179273-1
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>3:03pm
5-Dec-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>1-Jan-07</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Football
Spread</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Boise State (+8) vs Oklahoma for Game</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>-105</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>3,150.00</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> 3,000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

However,

This bet I made earlier was clearly right....

<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=top noWrap>91179273-1

</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>3:03pm
5-Dec-06
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>1-Jan-07</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Football
Spread
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Boise State (+8) vs Oklahoma for Game</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>-105</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>3,150.00</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>3,000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow, you had more on the money line than the spread? That's awesome! Usually most people do it the other way around!

Way to go SHRINK! That's a Happy New Year right there! Did you hedge it somehow during the game, though? How did your other plays go today?

Reload,

I made some coin today although I only went 3-3 on the college sides...

The Money lines Dogs helped a lot (Boise, USC and Penn State)...

Happy New Year to you...

P.S.

I normally take the points but felt like betting the Money Line DOGS today for some added fun and because I believed they all had a good chance of winning...

THE SHRINK

roach23

Banned

I never sweated it...

<table border="0" bordercolor="blue" width="680"><tbody><tr class="tableText" height="30"><td class="accountText" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">95278589-6
</td><td class="accountText" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">7:01am
1-Jan-07</td><td class="accountText" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">1-Jan-07</td><td class="accountText" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">Football
Money</td><td class="accountText" align="left" valign="bottom">Boise State vs Oklahoma for Game</td><td class="accountText" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">+227</td><td class="accountText" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom">5,000.00</td><td class="accountText" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom"> 11,350.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

That's cause you were too busy shitting your pants to sweat.

Nice win Shrink. Congrats. :+signs8-3

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Sorry about the loss Mo. You'll get payback at some point. I got screwed BAD last week hammering Minnesota on the +280 M/L, only to see a 31 point lead pissed away in what went down as the biggest bowl comeback in HISTORY.

Tonight I had the other side, as I hammered Boise State on the +230 M/L. You get some good breaks at the end every now and than, and loose some too.

Surprised you were on OU though. Boise seemed like one of the "easiest" games of the bowls to me, if you can ever say any game is easy.

Thanks Roach and I am sorry for your loss mofome...

I am sure you'll get the man next time...

But, to say or believe that OKLAHOMA was the RIGHT SIDE tonight is ludicrous as they trailed for almost 59 minutes and they themselves had to convert a 2 point conversion from the 7 yard line just to tie the game with just over a minute to go when they had no more time outs...

This was one of the most enjoyable games I ever watched not only because I won, but it was so exciting, too...

Ken

mofome

Banned

boise isnt as good as OU, if their POS qb plays a slightly below average game, ou is fine.

but thats ok. im not in need of gambling advice.

:+waving-5

ncaab has been great and ncaaf has been great this year as well, today was tough, but i wouldnt change any of my "Ls" to the other side if these games were played the next day. some games come down to breaks and sometimes they dont go your way. this game was really exciting to watch, but my arm is cut up and a few things are broken. thats what happens when beers mix with games like these

:party

mofome

Banned

But, to say or believe that OKLAHOMA was the RIGHT SIDE tonight is ludicrous as they trailed for almost 59 minutes and they themselves had to convert a 2 point conversion from the 7 yard line just to tie the game with just over a minute to go when they had no more time outs...

This was one of the most enjoyable games I ever watched not only because I won, but it was so exciting, too...

Ken

yes, i cant believe the game was close as much as OU tried to give it away. btw, OU had to convert twice for two, not just once. Boise had Fluke TDs to end each half, a fluke fumble inside the 5, and and int return for a td.

shit happens, i would be happy to lay 6 and take OU on the same game next weekend.

to each their own. congrats on a nice day, ken
:cheers

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Ken

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
GREAT POST SHRINK

Boise was clearly the "right side", especially if you got over 7 (wich was W/A if you bet it on the opener, and a couple weeks after the opening lines..I think it opened around 9. I did not really track it, but it diid not move to 7 untill the last few days)..If you had Boise at +7.5 or better, you never even sweat the game. Us M/L players got a fortunate break.

Nonetheless, I think it was the most enkjoyable game I have seen in years. One of the best ever, and that has nothing to do with winning $$$ on it. It was simply an unbelievable game that had you on the edge of your seat! That is what college football is all about!

Ken

I disagree Ken. OU threw 3 int's and fumbled inside their own 15 and still ended up leading by 7 with a minute left. If they don't turn the ball over, it's not even close. Thompson hasn't played that bad all season. He's taken good care of the football and not turned it over. That was very uncharacteristic. It's easy to come out and say Boise was the right side AFTER the game was over, but despite all the happened, ou still came back and took the lead, even though it was also on a turnover. And I realize that there were turnovers by both teams that were costly, but giving less than a td with ou before kickoff, you can't tell me that was the wrong play if no one turns it over.

It was the wrong play, because in the end they lost, but to say it was LUDICRIS...? That's way off base IMO.

dirty

EOG Master

Boise was the right side....

sorry you big school Idiots

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Well, I just look at RESULTS. I don't care if this and this did not happen.

If I have Boise at +7.5 (which I did not, I just played the M/L) I NEVER am sweating that game. I never trailed, and the only way I loose is if Boise throws ANOTHER pick, and is run back in that final minute. I just think if your covering from START TO FINISH that is the "right" side. Siting this and that just seems like excuses to me, jmho.

Regardless, it was a classic game that will be remembered for years.

well they were tonight, but I'll take ou and less than a TD again and again and again, and imo, I'll win again and again and again. You got lucky tonight from the get go.

mofome

Banned

Well, I just look at RESULTS. I don't care if this and this did not happen.

If I have Boise at +7.5 (which I did not, I just played the M/L) I NEVER am sweating that game. I never trailed, and the only way I loose is if Boise throws ANOTHER pick, and is run back in that final minute. I just think if your covering from START TO FINISH that is the "right" side. Siting this and that just seems like excuses to me, jmho.

Regardless, it was a classic game that will be remembered for years.

i dont agree. the 'right' side would have just put the game away with all those breaks. Boise needed more 'fluke' shit to happen to get a cover than OU did.
kinda like wisc. wisc won, but they are about 1/3rd as good as Ark. were doubled up in yardage, but breaks and 130 yards in penalties were on the other side.

shit happens. i would love to have those lines and the same games next weekend.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

You guys sound worse than a tout doing a follow up on why they lost their GOY....With all the: "they out gained them by this, had this much more TOP, blah, blah, blah."

I just look at how a game ACTUALLY GOES on the scoreboard. When I am covering the ENTIRE GAME, I consider that the correct side, regardless of how it may have got that way.

no sour grapes for me. I'm not bent out of shape about the game. OU lost, that's always good in my book.

I'm saying from an unbiased standpoint that ou is the better team and they win and cover many more times than not. If you got 7.5 or more, betting on the game early, sure, you look at it like you were gold from start to finish, and you were. But I waited and got it at 7 and then at 6.5 and look at it the other way. They started out bad. You have a guy wide open for the first down and he doesn't make it...sure that happens all the time in every game, but they punt instead and boise scores. That wasn't unexpected by any means. What was unexpected was ou turning the ball over like they did on the very next possession, for instance. I EXPECTED Boise to turn the ball over. I would expect them to turn it over if they played again.

It really doesn't matter to me now. The game is over. But to say ou was ludicris or that boise was flat out the right side, I just disagree with that. They were tonight though. They were tonight.

mofome

Banned

You guys sound worse than a tout doing a follow up on why they lost their GOY....With all the: "they out gained them by this, had this much more TOP, blah, blah, blah."

I just look at how a game ACTUALLY GOES on the scoreboard. When I am covering the ENTIRE GAME, I consider that the correct side, regardless of how it may have got that way.

you're too cute when you're like this. ive owned up to plenty of bad losses and claimed many lucky wins. fact is wisc covered today and they we're nearly as good as ark and OU was covering with 20 seconds left and had Boise in 4th and 18. you didnt expect to win with 20 seconds left.....not that easy a win. as long as OU was within 8, i knew we were in it. if boise was great they would have pounded ou.

20 seconds left in the game, who did you wish u were on?

:cocktail

20 seconds left in the game, who did you wish u were on?

:cocktail

I'll say this before they get the chance:

No time left in the game, who did you wish you were on?

And that's what matters in the end, but you are right MO. We'll just have to agree to disagree with those on Boise tonight.

i had boise state ML and plus 7.5.....

then got stupid and in live betting took okl -6.5 when they were waY down with great odds.........

then...... i looked very smart when i had the middle after the int for 6, seconds after i told my son, "it would be real nice for a pick 6 right here... AND THEY GET IT....

man was i smart then.........

THEN....... BAT SHIT......... GREAT GAME .........

BOISE GOES 13-0 AND AFTER FLORIDA BEATS OHIO STATE THEY GET NO CHANCE AT THE TITLE..... SYSTEM STILL SUCKS...

AWESOME GAME.....:+clueless

mofome

Banned

I'll say this before they get the chance:

No time left in the game, who did you wish you were on?

And that's what matters in the end, but you are right MO. We'll just have to agree to disagree with those on Boise tonight.

haha i know, but they would have to be stupid to say that. my only point was that boise wasnt some lock pick that had no chance of losing like they are saying. 99.9999% of the time OU wins that game with 4th and 18 and 20 seconds left. so, the game was in the balance late and the fav was covering....cant say OU was a terrible play. i, couldnt call a play a joke, if i wished i was on that side with under a minute to go

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Mo:

If you got 6.5, I agree its not so clear cut. However; +7.5 was W/A for a LONG time upon the lines beaing relased over a month ago. If you have +7.5 or better (I did see 9 at one point after it opened) tell me than you EVER sweat it?

I fess up on my M/L play. It took MANY good breaks, and looked lost with a minute to go, despite the great start.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

4th and 18 from the 40 up by 7 with 26 seconds left.

then 4th and 2 when the play before the guy fumbles but his knee 'may' have been down

wow

:hung

try having under 48 in the goddamn orange bowl last year. 16-16 after regulation. i cant cap any better than that. a bunch of missed FG's later and its 26-23 after triple overtime. that fucking stings. especially since I had FSU on the moneyline +380 or something like that too

:(

on a happier note I loaded up on FSU +10 too... but that fucking under........

bottom line is, the big dog won outright. dont know how that can be considered a fluke. lol. and boise is not allowed to get INT-ret-TD, but okla is allowed....LOL

bottom line is, the big dog won outright. dont know how that can be considered a fluke. lol. and boise is not allowed to get INT-ret-TD, but okla is allowed....LOL

I'm not sure how +6 at kickoff is a BIG DOG. No one said Boise isn't allowed to get turnovers but ou is. I said I EXPECTED ou to get them and not Boise and I think that most who are familiar with the teams would also expect the same. OU has one of the best defenses in the country.

Boise didn't get a first down in the 3rd quarter. If they played again, that would be the status quo IMO. Thompson didn't turn the ball over all year like he did last night. 3 int's and a lost fumble on their own 9 yard line. That is a fluke imo. Boise's a good team and they deserved to win THAT game, but they won't play like that regularly against a team like uo. You may disagree and that's okay, but you will be wrong, along with everyone else who agrees with you.:+waving-5

The winner wins . That is why thet play. Oklahoma won't put a Boise St team on the regular season schedule! After this , who is going to ?

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

IF YOUVE BEEN AROUND A WHILE WHEN U LOOK AT THIS GAME .BO ST VS OK ATS
U KNOW BO ST IS THE WINNER
SHRINK GETS IT .AS HE POUNDED