Oregon/BYU Over 59

1ShotNLife

EOG Enthusiast
This is the last write-up from the main page that I am moving over. From now, I will just post college football games here for starters... Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today is my 32nd Birthday and I just got back from a spa and massage...
Over 59 (BYU ? Oregon )
BYU backers recipient of one of strongest point spread runs this year (Cougars 9-3 ATS, 8 of 12 games over) while Ducks have been biggest disappointment in Pac-10 (dropping 4 of last 5 games SU, still 7 out of 11 games went over). Despite respective records, angles suggest that match-ups between two teams promise to produce a litany of points. Physical Duck WR trio of Kent, Rosario, and Williams poised to give BYU secondary problems much like Boston College (356 yrds passing-) and Utah (Ratliff 356 yrds 3 TD) did from previous meetings. Solid Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart has game to keep Cougar defense off-balanced and respecting run, ensuring they can?t play zones to defend passing attack.
Oregon ?s decision to insert Brady Leaf into QB position should help turnover prone team (107 in TO margin). QB Dennis Dixon?s decision making problems within the spread offense have cost the Ducks dearly throughout the season setting up multiple opportunities for opponents in desirable field position. Under Leaf, Oregon appeared more settled and more balanced as in a torrential downpour, overcame 13 pt 4<SUP>th</SUP> quarter deficit on the road to take lead against a solid Oregon St. team. See Brady Leaf passing for 300 plus yards, 3 TD?s and RB Stewart rushing for 100 yards giving Ducks 30-35 points.
On opposite end of the ball, love surgical precision of BYU QB John Beck (3500 yds, 30 TD, 6 INT-) who will be able to attack Oregon secondary. Under players will contend that Oregon ?s defense matches up well with BYU b/c their defense is ranked 10<SUP>th</SUP> against the pass, however inability of Oregon to stop run (77<SUP>th</SUP> in country) has allowed teams to attack them from ground and air. See balanced Cougar aerial attack (5 receivers w/ at least 3 TD catches and 300 yds receiving) moving the ball at will and putting up lots of points.
See very close game with both teams going back and forth as teams penchant for scoring points is put on display in Las Vegas .

Overview ? Explosive offensive personnel from Oregon , coupled with precise passing attack against two vulnerable defenses promise to provide lots of excitement and lots of points. See a final score putting the total between 66-74 points.

Re: Oregon/BYU Over 59

I think your analysis is really close and I like the step down in class factor here for the Ducks. I played the side @ +4' and look for a good game with ample scoring and a game worth watching.

Best Wishes
Buckeyemac

ArneK.

EOG Enthusiast

Solid analysis from 1ShotNLife. Everything he says makes sense and he might have added that the OU quarterbacks (both are expected to see action) will be throwing into a secondary thinned by the absence of cornerback Criddle, the BYU team leader in pass break-ups (Criddle had surgery the other day for a toe injury) plus two back-ups who would have likely gotten on the field for a few plays. Having said this, I must confess that my concurrence with his analysis probably jinxed him because my track record betting over/unders is poor.

1ShotNLife

EOG Enthusiast

no worries about the jinx Arne K. I will go to war with you anytime. Thanks for updating the play with the injury status of the BYU secondary.
John Netto