Marvin Harrison?

Salo

EOG Dedicated
Maybe it wasn't apparent to those who watched the Colts game on TV -- NBC dropped the ball on Marvin Harrison's pre-halftime disappearing act -- but Harrison put on a display that was as embarrassing as it was out of character. As the Colts lined up to try an Adam Vinatieri field goal just before halftime, Harrison casually made a beeline for the locker room, a move reminiscent of LeBron James. He hadn't been a big part of the offense, catching just one pass, but why fret? The Colts were poised to take a 24-7 lead. Who cares who's getting the love? But Harrison wasn't interested in staying involved. As the field-goal team lined up for the attempt, and the Colts' teammates stood on the sideline awaiting that final play, Harrison was disappearing into the tunnel, his back to the field of play. Then came the fourth quarter, the Colts leading comfortably, when Manning threw a rare pass to Harrison, who caught it, then had it stripped easily by Philadelphia's Lito Sheppard. That wasn't the issue, though. The issue was, Harrison just stood there, making no effort to chase down Sheppard as he returned the ball. When Dungy was asked later about Harrison's apparent hissy fit, he shrugged and said, "Once we saw how the game was going to go (with the Eagles consistently double-teaming the wide receivers), we knew we'd be running. He and I talked before the game and we were hoping to get him to 1,000 career catches (he came into the game with 987), but it'll happen.''

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: Marvin Harrison?

I missed a good portion of the game and I hope this passes. We don't need any dissention and knowing Harrison as we do, I doubt it will become anything close to a major distraction. Indy has to get that defense in gear somehow or they have no shot at winning the big game. What a turn around from last year when we played some good D.

Last edited:

janus

EOG Dedicated

i was at the game & noticed both of those incidents... i also noticed that MH was dogging it on almost every play.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

I noticed he didnt look right last night. There was obviously soemthing bothering him. Marvin Harrison is a class act though and dont think this will become a distraction for the colts in the least bit.

beaner1236

EOG Addicted

i was just going to say that cubs fan, hes the classiest guy in the nfl and hes just a little frustrated because he knows he can score on almost every play, but since hes getting doubled its frustrating

mofome

Banned

marvin harrison is a good guy and someone my uncle has known since he was a HS jr. been a class guy since he was young and still is today. hes had a few issues getting frustrated by fans requesting autographs while on vacation and then there is this, but when you're a star, everything hits the media. not a big deal.

dirty

EOG Master

He prolly hasn't been able to assault anymore teenagers outside of Record stores in Hawaii for a while... it is rubbing him the wrong way

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

I think your digging for something does not exist - Harrison's reputation is impecable - in fact, he is every coaches ideal player - not to mention he is undeniably the second best receiver of all time behind Rice.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Him and Peyton will hook up for a td or 2 next week and all will be well....

They have been teamed up too long to let something like this get in the way of their ultimate goal...

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

:dancefool:dancefool:dancefool:dancefool:dancefool

I was gettin worried after 2 early drops, 1 tipped off his hands and an INT....