Miami Dolphins@ Detroit Lions Turkey Day Game Thread

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Ok guys...I'm sure some of us are getting an early start on the :cocktail and :smokesmal, before sitting down to eat later, so let's get some chatter on the first match up of the day. Who ya like, or any other thoughts...

Personally, I haven't decided which way to go on this one. I can't pick FIns games for sh*t. I lost betting on them early, then lost going against them last 2 weeks vs KC and the Vikings.

I lean towards Miami today though. The team looks like they're playing way more confident than before, and even watching these guys talk this week and reading the papers down here, they look like a completely different bunch from the first few weeks.

I don't want to read too much into the last 3 wins: the last 2 wins have been real squeakers, and last week, Chester Taylor and the Vikes freakin handed the game to them at the end. And that was at home. When they went on the road to Chicago, it took 6 turnovers to win that game. Can the D really force that many errors on the road consistently? Who knows, but Jon Kitna would be the guy to force.

I have no idea how to factor in the Joey returning home thing. If I had to say something, I would think that he may be too excited, too many butterflies and may try and force the issue too much. But really who knows.

The reason I lean to the Fins are simple: They are playing at a much higher level than the Lions; Jason Taylor and that D is out of control with the forcing of to's and pressure, and they're facing Kitna; Lions have no Kevin Jones whom they rely on so much.

right now they're -3 +109, and -140 on the ML at Pinny. Leaning to just hitting up the ML for a small play, and sitting back and enjoying. What does everyone think?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Miami Dolphins@ Detroit Lions Turkey Day Game Thread

No Kevin Jones will really hurt Detroit.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

If you like Miami take the -3 +109 or -2.5 -107 or so....not the ML -140.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

No Kevin Jones will really hurt Detroit.

Agreed
The only Gamebreaker Detroit has on offense

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Report: Kevin Jones "apparently out" </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Kevin Jones - RB - DET - Nov. 23 - 9:05 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>According to the Detroit Free Press, RB Kevin Jones (ankle) is "apparently out" for Thursday's game.
Not exactly a strong statement on the morning of a game, but it sounds like Jones will be on the bench. You'll want to check an hour or so before gametime for the official inactive list, but get Jones out of your lineups and boost RB Arlen Harris' stock into solid Flex-play status.Nov. 23 - 9:05 a.m. ET
Source: Detroit Free Press
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

I hear ya MC, but it scares me looking at how many close games these guys have had so far. A lot have come to the wire.

Out of the -3 +109 and -2.5 -107, which do u like? I almost always buy down to -2.5.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Good luck to all in your wagering today

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

This is the.....I'll be nice and say....SQUARE....play of the DAY!!! Enough said on that. Whatever you do, get off that "3" one way or the other.

madsiz

EOG Addicted

i like the lions, but i'll take miami -2.5(-107) ...you can do lots with that price...

taking the under huge Dolphins fan but game smells fishy hope we can survive this game

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Sorry Larry I had to take Det. I suck though so I may have just sealed the deal for you.

The General

1/4 unit action prop

Will there be a defensive or special Team TD? Yes +171 vs No

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Dolphins D can make that happen for you General...or maybe Wes Welker on returns

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

General, Harrington likes to throw a pick 6 once a game so I think its a good bet.

The General

I also wagered the Detroit ML +135 because I said to my 13 yr old son, Who will win, Miami or Detroit and he answered very quickly Detroit. :+whipping

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Uh oh, everyone on CBS just picked the Dolphins

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Going with Miami -3 +103

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Randy McMichael: "I'm thankful for having a cell phone to throw at my wife in self-defense." :+textinb3

MCP

i bet the dolphins, they always suck a fat one when I bet them

you were warned

wickinpinners

EOG Member

hell of a kick return to start it lions at the 45, I got Dolphins -2 and Over 37.5

MCP

that was like a hot knife through butter

MCP

memo to saban.. both teams are on a short week... you cant use that excuse.

MCP

3 and out for the fighting hairringtons

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

penalty was a bad start. hope the D can settle down and force Kitna into some mistakes

MCP

do these homos realize roy williams is detroits only decent WR ? cover him

MCP

I think I am 0 for the new millenium on thanksgiving day

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

damn..not a nice hole to cvlimb out of for this offense.. :(

about to start congratulating Detroit backers