28-14 ... line is 18

LSU @ Bama 5 yrd line facing 4th and 1

LSU calls timeout with 3 seconds to go

They didnt score but ya watch things and realize that the coaches have to
know the line and that the crowd all has money on LSU

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
Re: Anyone watch end of LSU game??

they shoulda faked a handoff into middle; thrown a td to tight end..!!

cracked off my triple reef play!!!

goshed; can't even count on bayou bengals anymore; at least we still got dubya, even tho' it looks like busg is becoming a raitor by sucking up to dems!!!

wtf!!!

:doh1 :+whipping

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

28-14 ... line is 18

LSU @ Bama 5 yrd line facing 4th and 1

LSU calls timeout with 3 seconds to go

They didnt score but ya watch things and realize that the coaches have to
know the line and that the crowd all has money on LSU

Did you watch the game? Their last ten plays were runs, and most of them were right up the gut. The timeout was called because the playclock was winding down; either take the time out with 3 seconds left or take the delay of penalty call with 2 seconds.

If LSU's coaches wanted to score to cover for the crowd, they should be fired for incompetence.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Did you watch the game? Their last ten plays were runs, and most of them were right up the gut. The timeout was called because the playclock was winding down; either take the time out with 3 seconds left or take the delay of penalty call with 2 seconds.

If LSU's coaches wanted to score to cover for the crowd, they should be fired for incompetence.

Yes, but why weren't they just taking a knee instead of running the ball at the end? I'll never forget UNLV a few years back up by 6 and doing the same thing as LSU last night and the UNLV running back fumbles with the other team running it back for a TD

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

they didnt take the knee, because the time left would have not run out, with taking a knee...it takes a few seconds longer to hand off and run it, and get ball reset.....when they got the last set of 1st downs, there was still over 2 minutes left.....

i do agree however, usually on the last play, with :03 left, the qb steps back about 5 steps and kneels, to take up the time...but i dont think there was any way that LSU was trying to score there, cuz if they were, they could have just run outside, or passed, for the easiest TD ever....bama was simply playing up the middle.....

But if u thought that game was odd, check out the Auburn/GA game, with GA up big, and they get first down at 10 with over 3 minutes left, and kneel 3 times, and give the ball back to Auburn with over 1 minute left, and then auburn just runs it out......u never see a team just kneel when they are gonna be giving the other team the ball back with over a minute to play, no matter what the score...they might run it right up the gut 4 times, but they dont start kneeling with well over 3 minutes left..

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"i do agree however, usually on the last play, with :03 left, the qb steps back about 5 steps and kneels, to take up the time...but i dont think there was any way that LSU was trying to score there, cuz if they were, they could have just run outside, or passed, for the easiest TD ever....bama was simply playing up the middle....."

...that's exactly the point, Bucsfan, since they weren't trying to score, why weren't they taking the knee? It reminds me of the Col-Okla game 3 weeks ago when Okla did the same thing, up 14 with 20 seconds left they ran up the middle and scored instead of taking the knee...oh, and just by the way, the line was 14.5-15