40 DAYS CLEAN AND SOBER!!

I haven't had a drink in 40 days or any other mind altering substance!!

I have been sticking to my workout program and trying to eat right!!

Things have been great with the family!!

HOWEVER!! Several people have said that I more moody and that I have not been my self lately!! My wife says that I have been quiet and I feel very bored at work!! My stomach is always upset and I don't feel like doing much of anything!!

I hope the EOG BLAST gets here soon!! I need a good party!! MAY'N!!:cool:

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: 40 DAYS CLEAN AND SOBER!!

Congrats Tony! :cheers

(oops! Not the proper smiley at this time!)

:p :D

TONY MONTANA<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_483672", true); </SCRIPT> ........B4 I 4GET TO TELL YOU! GUESS WHAT?????????????? THE RED SOX SUCK!!!!:cheers :cheers :cheers

I used to have 40 too but they were never consecutive...:rolleyes:

I am proud of you Tony!! :party

Ken

Thanks fellas!!

Shrink did you ever feel like something was missing when you first stopped drinking??

And not necessarily the drinking/drug!! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself!! I feel bored alot!!

And I am alittle cranky and short with people!!

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

progress not perfection thats the main thing . pratice makes better .
i didnt puke on my sneakers today.:+waving-5

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I went from April 1st 1996 till sometime in in 2005 sober. I did it allmost unconscionisly (paying no attention). I was a heavy drinker with several DUI's that caused me to stop. Now that I have gone back to drinking and don't drive for 12 hours minimum after having the last one, a few things have become clear to me.
First of all, if you want a drink--have one or 2 or whatever many that you are comfortable with ! But no driving--till sober. Repeat NO Driving till sober. You'll save yourself more aggrevation than you can possibly imagine not to mention $$$$.
Have all you want in a nutshell, just harm NO-ONE ELSE!!

It takes practice and patience. I'm a loner and possibly booze has played a role in that. But, it was my choice. And that my fellow Americans is why we like to gamble!

God Bless!

I haven't had a drink in 40 days or any other mind altering substance!!

I have been sticking to my workout program and trying to eat right!!

Things have been great with the family!!

HOWEVER!! Several people have said that I more moody and that I have not been my self lately!! My wife says that I have been quiet and I feel very bored at work!! My stomach is always upset and I don't feel like doing much of anything!!

I hope the EOG BLAST gets here soon!! I need a good party!! MAY'N!!:cool:

Why is man changing his life?

:+clueless

I am glad I can handle my shit. I have lived life sober, and I have lived my life high and drunk. And I figure life is to short not to have fun. And the times I was high and drunk, I enjoyed myself more than when I was sober.

Double murder on the news, Stlouis keeps getting worse.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Congrats Tony.

You are doing the best thing for yourself and family.

I know

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Congrats.....:cheers

oops, guess that was actually a bad smiley choice..:LMAO

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

I THINK YOUR GAy.......not a big deal........hook me up with sterling:dancefool

CONGRATS....

WISH I COULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT HAD A DRINK THIS WEEK..

CMA PARTIES..... ALL WEEK LONG HERE IN NASHVILLE...

SOMEBODY STOP ME:houra

B-NUTS

EOG Senior Member

good job tony, its real hard drinking your portion of the beer at the softball tournies but i guess ill survive.........lol

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Montana ....

I took day 73 in the pool as to when you would break down and have a cold one so dont fuck it up for me!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Thanks fellas!!

Shrink did you ever feel like something was missing when you first stopped drinking??

And not necessarily the drinking/drug!! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself!! I feel bored alot!!

I'm not SHRINK, but damn right something was missing. That busch beer right by my side most of the day. An AA member came to my house and sorta seen what I did day in and day out and told me I would never make it. I know what he meant, because a big part of getting sober is being active so you don't have that thinking time on your hands. Although the physical withdrawals do suk bad, it is a whole lot of mind over matter my friend. And, I promised myself I would not let my sobriety or mood alter to the extent of taking it out on anyone else surrounding me and so far I have not although for quite awhile I was just much more silent and didn't have much to say to anyone.

Thanks fellas!!

Been there done that...

I felt like I needed to replace all of that drinking/drugging time with something else or I would surely go back to my old ways...

For me, it is a 12 step program that has been saving my life, one day at a time...

I really live for just today because there are no guarantees as to what tomorrow will bring...

It's also ironic that while I remained abstinent for more months, I ended up not feeling bored and now I wonder how I am able to get things done in just a 24 hour period...

Ken

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Drugs (including alcohol) or Gambling? Is it all the same for you, being an escape?

Congrats Tony. Btw: You can`t compare your "water beer" to our German beer. German beer is much stronger than yours. In case someone of you ever visited Germany he can confirm it.
However I am happy that I can`t drink anymore. Everytime I have a beer or a drink I get an attack of migraine the next day. So I usually stay away from alcohol but have a glass of wine sometimes. That is the positive point of my migraine . From time to time I have a beer but only when being invited to a party. When I was younger (in my 20s) I had such a lot of drinks, beers etc. so that I am "happy" (lol) with my migraine now.

The Devil

EOG Master

TONY, SEE IF YOU CAN KEEP IT GOING UNTIL THE RED SOX WIN ANOTHER WORLD SERIES......

DEVIL I really liked you in the being!! But now I know you only use me for my pictures!! My heart is broken!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!! :finger004

I thought you were different!! Not like GOTTI!! But I was wrong!! LOL!!

The Devil

EOG Master

NOT TRUE TONY.......I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU KEEP THE STREAK GOING....FIGURED IF YOU WAITED FOR THE SOX.....WELL YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM STAYING ALCOHOL FREE.....

I don't crave a drink and I haven't stopped going to softball and doing the things I normally do!!
But I just feel like I am missing something. It's almost like the week after you get back from a killer vacation!!

The reason I quit is because my wife doesn't want my kids to grow up with a drunk as a father and I agree!!
I didn't consider myself a drunk, because I usually only drank on weekends. But I had been getting hammered on every weekend all summer long!! And all my activities started with a drink or worse!!

Andy it may not be German beer, but after about 12 in less than two hours who cares!! LOL!! Plus mix in a CROWN/ZERO and whatever else I could get my hands on and I was speaking German with the best of them!! hehehe!!

I don't plan on never having another drink! I just need a break to see if I can get back to drinking socially instead of drinking to get fucked up!! If can't do that then I will have to quit all together!!

:cheers

NOT TRUE TONY.......I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU KEEP THE STREAK GOING....FIGURED IF YOU WAITED FOR THE SOX.....WELL YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM STAYING ALCOHOL FREE.....

:LMAO :LMAO
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! That may be the case if I were a METS fan but I pull for the SOX!! and I think we will be drinking by next OCT!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! GO RED SOX!!!

:LMAO :LMAO
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! That may be the case if I were a METS fan but I pull for the SOX!! and I think we will be drinking by next OCT!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! GO RED SOX!!!

Judging by your last post, I am assuming that the streak just ended! :p

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Congrats Tony, definatly 1 of the hardest things i have done in my life, been clean from June 23rd...I agree with the bored statement as it5 did occupy my time alot, but i have never thought so clear in my life in the past 7 years...

Maybe the 2 days of rehab a week that i go to helps provide me with insight seeing how it has effected so many people from thier stories... some of it very scary, could not imagine being those people...

Keep up the good work sir..