College Football for week ending Oct 21

Last week: 8-10 (-24.4*)
YTD: 64-56 (+24.6*)
10* games: 5-5
15* games: 1-0

Last week was kind of a messy week altogether, getting off to a bad start and getting worse from there. Thankfully we open this week with a clean slate, and hopefully we got our bad weekend out of our system and will begin and end on a winning note this time.

I believe that money can be made gambling through positive energy. I never made a cent, in fact lost a lot, as long as I had a negative approach. Those guys who win over the long run invariably have a positive approach to their work. Of course, it usually takes a while for many people to understand what is actually meant by positive, but just a tip, I'd try to find out as soon as possible.

Anyway, enough philosophizing for now. On with the picks:

10* Georgia -17 (-130)
I am posting this so early because I think the line will go up by the weekend. I also bought a point, from the 18 currently available at Olympic. At Pinnacle it is already 18.5, and Pinnacle is usually the sharp site that shows which direction the line will move.

Georgia's version of Bulldawgs should have no problem being motivated for this game. Miss St should have played them when Vandy got them, but Vandy already got them and because of that, and an embarrassing loss to Tennessee the week before, they will be extremely focused and efficient against State, a team they might have otherwise taken for granted. The spread will be covered by halftime, and after what Tennessee did in the 2nd half, there will be no backdoor. You know that I know State very well, and they just don't have the talent or depth to withstand a motivated Georgia team in Athens. But once again, I'm fairly certain that the price will be steeper by the weekend.

And before anyone asks, I think Georgia will beat Miss St so bad that the spread is hardly relevant. I am by nature cautious so I am grabbing it now and buying a point to 17, because I feel very secure with that. I would play it up to -21, though, and expect them to win by even more than that.

We're just beginning a new week, and life is great.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
Re: College Football for week ending Oct 21

when you're down' and out;..>>

i got the cure..>>>

play miss st

lol

gl

the real bulldogs are gonna win this game..!!; not the cowbells

glk

Acrossthestreet

EOG Member

I think that honesty is the backbone of positive energy.

For information purposes, NY Reb's real YTD: 64-61 (+2.7*)

Wednesday

5* UL Lafayette -7 (-130)
For the second time this week, I am buying a whole point and putting up a bit more juice in order to be cautious. Lafayette has more talent than FIU, and this one stat is telling: UL LAF is in the top 10 in the country in rushing, but FIU is in the bottom 10 defending the run. Good luck, huh? I also think they will win by double digits, so I would be okay with giving the 8, but I'm going to be careful and not too cocky when backing a team on the road.

Early week 13-point 4-team teaser:

Southern Miss +30
Ole Miss +30.5
Georgia -5.5
Tennessee -2.5

I love this one, and just a moment ago played it at Pinnacle. Good luck if you play it.

Man, that Lafayette line shot up to -9. Glad I posted it yesterday.

Folks, I acknowledge that certain posters are accusing me of posting dishonest records, copying plays from some service, and God knows whatever else. You can sense in the feeling of their posts what kinds of people they are and what kinds of motives they have.

Yet if someone repeats the same words often enough, people start believing them whether they are true or not. I only ask each of you to take no one's word for anything, but to prove the truth for yourself. If you have followed my plays, only you know whether you have won or lost.

I post here because I enjoy the community, but I also enjoy sharing info and insights, as well as picking up info and insights from others. I have learned a lot from the various posters who share their secrets of winning.

I have no need to impress an anonymous group of people, nice as I imagine most of you are. When I start losing I will be out of here. I will not post losing plays over a period of time. I have winning weeks and losing weeks like everyone else, but over time I win more than I lose. Otherwise I wouldn't still be in this game, much less posting at a site like this.

Most of you have shared only positive and uplifting thoughts and good wishes, and I always appreciate your support and encouragement. I will post as long as there are those who appreciate and gain from my posting. When that ends I will be old news.

Meanwhile, best of luck to you, and I'll post more plays for this week soon.

bamachuck27

EOG Member

NYREB,

I have followed you for a while now and I have never known you to be dishonest, and I don't think you have started now. People on this forum obviously respect your opinion and your capping ability. I understand it can be more than a little frustrating to be called a liar, but pay no attention to those who wish to bash. You have given me winner after winner after winner, and I appreciate all your hard work and effort every week. To hell with the haters. Keep doing what you do. It is appreciated.

bama

Thanks, BamaChuck. I appreciate your words a lot.

Timely play

5* Virginia Tech -17
USM star RB Damien Fletcher was operated on today and will be out of Saturday's game. Fletcher is 8th in the country in rushing. It has not come out on the news outlets yet but the line will move when it does. If you like this play I suggest you get it immediately.

5* SMU +6
Probably only someone who closely follows C-USA would come up with this one, but I like it a lot. SMU is doing much better this year than many people realize.

Man, I needed that 3-0 and +15* tonight. Virginia, under, and teaser all won rather easily. If I had parlayed them as well I could have hit for the cycle, lol.

After losing that lack-luster game by LA-LA on Wednesday by one point, I was afraid we were getting off to another lousy start for the week, but now we are 3-1 and +9.5* going into the weekend.

Have no idea if I'll be playing Friday night's game or not. If I get any strong feelings about it tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Also, more Saturday plays coming Friday and Saturday.

Hope you were with me tonight and enjoyed the wins.

5* UTEP/Houston over 61
Lots of offense in this game, and defense at a minimum.

bamachuck27

EOG Member

Reb,

Nice job! I was with you on all three, and I did add the parlay! It was a nice night for me to say the least, and I really needed it after the last two NLCS games. Thanks for the picks. Looking forward to Saturday.

--Bama

10* Florida St -6.5
The Noles won a hard-fought game in Boston last year. Will the Eagles want revenge? Of course. Will they get it? Don't think they will look very good in Tallahassee against an FSU squad that badly needs to make a statement with a convincing win. The Noles have much more speed than BC, and even though they have this mysterious problem with their running game, their speedy RBs and WRs are going to give the BC LBs and secondary a hard time. Eagle QB Matt Ryan will be gimpy at best, and you don't want to be less than full speed when trying to escape FSU's rush. I see a solid double-digit victory for FSU in this spot. Something like 27-10.

7* Georgia Tech +7.5
There is plenty written about this game elsewhere. I simply have the opinion that it will be a closer game than the spread indicates. Clemson might win 27-24. Or vice versa.

Thanks, Hache Man. All the best to you as well.

5* Ole Miss +21

Ole Miss does very well as a double-digit road dog in the SEC. I would put Ole Miss up there with Florida in terms of LBs. Juco transfer Rory Johnson is playing at the same level Willis was last year, and Willis, being while being a marked man, is even better this year. With Gary Pack, former Mississippi high school POY, that gives them 3 4.5 guys backing the line who can tackle.

I respect Arkansas's rushing attack a lot, and they will probably give the Rebels fits. Still, I think this is a much closer game than folks are making it. All the newsletters are predicting blowouts. Some services have already come out with big plays on the Hawgs. And the public is definitely with the Porkies.

I have too much sense to make this a big play, but I like the Rebs' chances of keeping this one close. One closing thought: you think Orgeron hasn't picked Pete Carroll's mind regarding Arkansas?<!-- / message -->

I think I will post my final plays on Saturday. Here are what we have so far:

10* Georgia -17
10* FSU -6.5
7* Georgia Tech +7.5
5* SMU +6
5* Virginia Tech -17
5* UTEP/Houston over 61
5* Ole Miss +21

Also we are 3-1 (+9.5*) going into the weekend from midweek games.

I am still looking at a couple of key plays in tomorrow's big games. See you in the morning.<!-- / message -->

Adding:

7* Tulsa -13
Hurricanes should easily take care of disappointing Tigers, who lost to Arkansas St last week.

Adding:

7* Tennessee -10
Vols too talented and too rested to fail against Tide this week. This could be an impressive victory.

nysports

EOG Member

Still can't add em up correctly!! What a joke!! Oh, I forgot you're not good at math. Let me help you. 3 wins @ 5 each = 15
1 loss @ 5 (-1.3) = -6.5
Total = +8.5

It gets to be a bitch when you actually have to count the vig when you buy points. Monopoly game with extra money on the way to you for Xmas.:+signs15- :+signs11-

Last edited by a moderator:

nysports

EOG Member

Hache

Thanks for deleting the posts that tell the truth. Can't figure out why a mod would want lies and false record keeping kept a big secret. Oh yeah, he has alot of followers. You are a big hypocrite.

nysports

EOG Member

Hache

How hard is it for you to understand that telling the truth about someone is not bashing. As far as my "agenda" you're full of shi*. There is none. If others want to come after me, let them. There is nothing that I've said that can't be documented in the forums. You're a phony just like him for not letting people tell the truth.

husker

EOG Addicted

i posted this with the threads that PROVE each point across the street.

lets look at some FACTS! does anyone see a pattern here?????????

two weeks ago decided AFTER losing on his teasers decided that they won't be included in his record.

oct 05 you quit keeping your record after losing 70*

oct 04 you quit keeping a record because you were losing too much

oct 03 starts his record over after losing

nysports

EOG Member

Hache

You can't even post the corrected record! Reb made a mistake that wasn't in his favor and I corrected him. Looks to me like you are shading this one way. What a JO you are. That's ok though, because it just shows what a tool you are and that you don't want the truth to be told.